Cricket Quiz

An easy one here but all I can come up with quickly -

Which England player am I referring to here?

Born in the 70's

Captained Lancashire Schools at Under 11, Under 12, Under 13, Under 14, Under 15 and Under 16

Captained North of England Under 14 and Under 15

Captained England Under 11, Under 14 and played at Under 15

Became the youngest ever player to play for Lancashire's 2nd XI when making his debut against Middlesex at the age of 14

Almost_Austwick said:
For the win, said it was easy.

Over to you evertonfan!

Neville was the answer to your question? My answer was to Andrew's question but I had a feeling that Neville was the answer to yours until I saw the 'England Player' bit. I should have realised that it was a trick question and that you meant the footy team because i'd have got it straight away then. Good question. :)

My easy question then;

Which England Ashes hero plays football for Crooktown?

I guarantee this won't last long.

evertonfan said:
Neville was the answer to your question? My answer was to Andrew's question but I had a feeling that Neville was the answer to yours until I saw the 'England Player' bit. I should have realised that it was a trick question and that you meant the footy team because i'd have got it straight away then. Good question. :)

My easy question then;

Which England Ashes hero plays football for Crooktown?

I guarantee this won't last long.
I saw that you were referring to Andrew but thought that as it's a bit of a trick question I'd hand it over to you for getting the correct name.

Is the answer to your question a certain Gary Pratt?

Got it in one. Let's just say I lack a certain creative mind when it comes to tricky questions. Bonus point for what position he plays. :)

Your question.

I think he plays as a forward.

Right, try to make it a bit trickier:

What was one interesting feature of the two hat-tricks by TJ Matthews in 1912, one by Shane Warne in 1994-95, and the hatrick by Glenn McGrath in 2000-01?

Was it the fact that they all reached a personal wicket taking milestone during them? I know McGrath got his 300th Test wicket during that hat-trick and I think Warne did too. Not sure about Matthews though.

I'm going to have a guess and say that they were the only wickets each bowler took in that innings, I'm pretty sure that's the case with Warne and McGrath, I've never heard of Matthews before though.

dtrain said:
I'm going to have a guess and say that they were the only wickets each bowler took in that innings, I'm pretty sure that's the case with Warne and McGrath, I've never heard of Matthews before though.
Spot on and over to you!

Lucky guess.

Okay, Who is the most recent player to score a century in their Test debut during an Ashes series?

Users who are viewing this thread