Cricsim in Vista

blazerix

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to get cricsim working on Vista? It used to work perfectly on Windows XP but when I upgraded, it stopped working. I am running a Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit OS. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Sorry mate It's a DOS application hence it won't work in Vista. You may use some DOS Emulator (DosBox) to run it though.

Thanks for replying. I tried it and it worked but the team files don't show up. What should I do to be able to use 'em?

Do you run it using dosbox?

I could run CricSim on Vista and now on 7 without any problems.
Didn't use any third party application for it!

What version of Vista are you using?

I'm pretty sure you can run CricSim on Vista 32 Bit. I've got Home Premium myself and it runs perfectly.

For me, it crashes right before the team selection...

Try running as an administrator.
Right click on the cricsim icon, and select 'run as administrator'.

I don't know why so many Vista users have problems running it, I could run it perfectly fine when I was using vista.

Where is the file located btw? Try moving it to c:\somefolder\
Sometimes file-write access permissions are a cause of a crash.

I moved it to program files and it still crashes :(

No, not program files. It is most likely to crash in program files. Make a new folder in C:\ name it randomly (name it blazerix) :p

Run as administrator didn't work?

I moved to a new folder i made in C:\. I clicked run as administrator and it still crashes :(

Don't know if it makes a difference but I've got the actual CricSim files stored in a folder on my desktop. Try and see if that works.

Users who are viewing this thread