Current World XI. Come one! Come all!

jordox

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is a place where you can create your world xi teams. Feel free to create a world xi test or ODI, or both!

One rule, the players have to be playing today - and international level!

By the way: I'm sort of picking this on form and how well I believe they are performing etc.. Hence the exclusion of Tendulkar. If I was doing a more general one, I'd certainly include the little master. Same goes for the inclusion of Brad Haddin.

Test XI

1. Matthew Hayden. - Well when picking a current world XI team Matthew Hayden has to be in there. He is brilliant - scores all around the ground and has immense versatility.

2. Graeme Smith (vc) - It's a tough one. There isn't much there but I feel that he is the best choice. With an average of 47.69 he is hard to go past and when he is in form he is hard to stop. And that shot off his legs is lovely!

_39351421_smith300pa.jpg

3. Ricky Ponting (c) - Pretty obvious. He is in my opinion, the best batsman since Bradman. Big call, no, HUGE call, but really, the guy is bloody class and I still believe he doesn't quite get the recognition he deserves with the international audience.

rickyponting_narrowweb__300x405,0.jpg

4. Michael Hussey - tough call. I'm not always particularly shot on him but you can't deny it - his class. Has a great ethic to his batting and constantly performs. Edges in over Tendulkar.

79141.jpg

5. Kevin Pieterson - Don't really like him but I really respect him. Come on, any guy who shows such tremendous fight and character against every team he plays has to be special. Has the record to back this up to.

6. Brad Haddin (wk) - What? You may be asking yourselves.. Well I am sticking by it. I strongly believe he is the best keeper batsman in the world at the moment. At number 6 because he isn't the player Gilly is, in fact he is probably more suited to a number 4 role but I'm confident he would do fine here.

_40713155_haddin203.jpg

7. Andrew Flintoff - Had a bad run lately, a really bad run and I guess I am contradicting myself saying I am picking this on form yet he is in the team. I wanted a geniue all rounder who can bat at 6 or 7 and he is the obvious choice and he is a bloody good player on his day. Ashes '05 anyone?

0,5001,5301935,00.jpg

8. Brett Lee (b1) - Class. He is a great bowler but I feel he is past his best. Very handy with the bat too and there is no question he is a class act with the ball.

brett%2520lee%252001.jpg

9. Makhaya Ntini - Love the guy. He may go through patches of form but he is an outstanding test bowler who can extract the worst in any pitch. Nice pace too.

_39347299_ntini300gt.jpg

10. Chaminda Vaas (b2) - A legend who always seems to pump out results. Tough call here, but I feel he is very much substantial.

11. Muttiah Muralitharan - Second best spinner of all time. Best spinner in the world at the moment - his an obvious choice.

12. Stuart Clark - Had a great Ashes and a top class test bowler.

-----

So there it is, I'm sure lots of people wont agree but whatever trevor!

Feel free to post yours! Remember, they must be playing today.

Last edited:
Jayasuriya
Hayden
Ponting
Yousuf
Singh
Hussey
Afridi
McCullum
Pollock
Vettori
Bond

Last edited:
Jayasuriya
Hayden
Ponting
Yousef
Singh
Hussey
Afridi
McCullum
Vettori
Pollock
Bond

this test or ODI? The inclusion of Yousef makes me thinks its test but the inclusion of Afridi makes me think its ODI.

jordox - Good choice on Haddin, bad choice on Brett Lee!

Haddin? Nah. He can't get a go in the side and you're putting him in the best side in the world. That's ridiculous.

Test:
Jayasuriya
Hayden
Ponting
Yousuf
Tendulkar
Sangakarra
Hussey
Vettori
Bond
Clark
Murali

U must be dreaming having added Brad Haddin. There are a lot of better keepers.

Last edited:
Test:
Jayasuriya
Hayden
Ponting
Yousuf
Tendulkar
Sangakarra
Hussey
Vettori
Bond
Clark
Murali

Good team that...(if you think 2 spinners are necessary)

Haddin? Nah. He can't get a go in the side and you're putting him in the best side in the world. That's ridiculous.

No, really it's not. Anyone with half a brain can see that Haddin is a MUCH better player than Gilly AT THE MOMENT. What.. You expect the selectors to drop gilly do you? They are too scared to do that. Do you even watch Haddin? He is brilliant.

I thought about adding Sangakarra but I really feel Haddin deserves some god damn recognition.

Test:Test:
Jayasuriya
Hayden
Ponting
Yousuf
Tendulkar
Sangakarra
Hussey
Vettori
Bond
Clark
Murali

If we are talking glovework strictly, Haddin is second to Read only - and he barely plays. Haddin is excellent behind the stumps and is the best domestic player in Australia at the moment by far.

By the way, good team players wise but I feel the balance of the team is out a lot. Hussey at number 7 just wouldn't work nor Sanga at 6 and Tendulkar at 5 is risky. And without an all rounder there would be pressure on the bowlers.

Jayasuriya
Hayden
Ponting
Yousuf
Singh
Hussey
Afridi
McCullum
Pollock
Vettori
Bond

Symonds in for Afridi.. he at least scores runs. And good luck winning a match with 2 pace bowlers :p Providing Bond, Vettori and Pollock all bowl 10 overs each you've only got Afridi left and the most he can bowl is 10 more which would only get you to 40 overs.

My ODI team:

Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting (vc)
Mahala Jayawardene (c)
Kevin Pieterson
Andrew Symonds
Andrew Flintoff
Daniel Vettori
Shaun Pollock
Brett Lee
Shane Bond

WOW isn't that a good batting line up :p. Only 1 person who can't bat. Imagine Pieterson and Symmo batting together!

Last edited:
No, really it's not. Anyone with half a brain can see that Haddin is a MUCH better player than Gilly AT THE MOMENT. What.. You expect the selectors to drop gilly do you? They are too scared to do that. Do you even watch Haddin? He is brilliant.

I thought about adding Sangakarra but I really feel Haddin deserves some god damn recognition.

If we are talking glovework strictly, Haddin is second to Read only - and he barely plays. Haddin is excellent behind the stumps and is the best domestic player in Australia at the moment by far.

By the way, good team players wise but I feel the balance of the team is out a lot. Hussey at number 7 just wouldn't work nor Sanga at 6 and Tendulkar at 5 is risky. And without an all rounder there would be pressure on the bowlers.

Symonds in for Afridi.. he at least scores runs. And good luck winning a match with 2 pace bowlers :p Providing Bond, Vettori and Pollock all bowl 10 overs each you've only got Afridi left and the most he can bowl is 10 more which would only get you to 40 overs.

Haha, yeah, good point...I was concentrating on the batting a bit tooooo much there I think
;)

Haha, yeah, good point...I was concentrating on the batting a bit tooooo much there I think
;)

lol still I wouldn't mind seeing Hussey and co. try and bowl 10 overs. Site to see.

On keeping alone (because the batsman ahead of him should have got the runs), Brendan McCullum for sure, I love him!

Meh I'm not too fond of him. Love his tatts and his sweat bands though :p. He takes some speckies and drops some sitters. I've said a lot here that I really believe haddin is the best keeper going round movement wise.

lol still I wouldn't mind seeing Hussey and co. try and bowl 10 overs. Site to see.

Yeah OK, I'll drop Afridi (**** it...I just love his attitude towards the game!) and put in Akhtar). McCullum >> Haddin

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
D.Hussey
M.Hussey
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Hilfenhaus

Rofl