DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that you left my post out. Also this thread wasn't informative since OP decided to turn into Royce...

I left your post out because I can't honestly bring myself to suggest, even for a second, that a post about a braai isn't a great addition to any thread!

Even a thread that is Royced and contains actual issues is more informative than a side-track. Attention to flaws will hopefully lead to a fix for the PC users so they get a game that they are not disappointed by. Fokkus!

I left your post out because I can't honestly bring myself to suggest, even for a second, that a post about a braai isn't a great addition to any thread!

Even a thread that is Royced and contains actual issues is more informative than a side-track. Attention to flaws will hopefully lead to a fix for the PC users so they get a game that they are not disappointed by. Fokkus!

I 100% agree but it's gotten to a stage where everyone is tired of seeing people arguing 24/7 with no conclusion. Hopefully after the patch is released the forum can go back to discussing the game and our experiences instead of people complaining all the time...

I'm sure BA and Ross especially are horrified by the reaction on here to their game. But I'm also equally sure it's not through a lack of effort on their parts, because it's just not their style.

Absolutely true! Its not through lack of effort or common sense....it is because of Magic.....maybe the genie from Aladdin's lamp had something to do with it.

Its magic...its magic....its magic....

Well, for the record I've now played the game [Xbox, Day 1 Patch, no Academy downloads], I just don't feel like posting a multi-paragaphed hyperbolic rant with a poll for moral obligations and adding to the noise.

I 100% agree but it's gotten to a stage where everyone is tired of seeing people arguing 24/7 with no conclusion. Hopefully after the patch is released the forum can go back to discussing the game and our experiences instead of people complaining all the time...

We are trying to discuss the game and our experiences (mostly horrendous) of it....apart from the side conversation about tea....some people have other motives though.

Absolutely true! Its not through lack of effort or common sense....it is because of Magic.....maybe the genie from Aladdin's lamp had something to do with it.

Its magic...its magic....its magic....

Yeh notice I didn't say that. It's gone wrong, no arguments there. But as I've said elsewhere, it could easily be a couple of very small pieces of code that are causing a lot of the actual gameplay issues, and if I understand things correctly, a number of these issues didn't seem apparent at the Premiere, so it's possible they might actually be reasonably easy to deal with once the issues are identified and people stop just posting ranty noise.

But hey, I'm no games developer unlike you who obviously is!

We know a patch is in the pipeline to fix academy and crashes
You would hope another patch follows to coincide with the PC release which fixes the other stuff especially the career mode skill bugs, stat bugs, and batting 360deg issues.
Thus prediction is January 20 for some DBC comfort. It will still need fine tuning after that dont get me wrong

Well, for the record I've now played the game [Xbox, Day 1 Patch, no Academy downloads], I just don't feel like posting a multi-paragaphed hyperbolic rant with a poll for moral obligations and adding to the noise.

You don't think that off topic nonsense is noise? Gameplay experience is not noise, in my mind it is more constructive to address the core complaints no matter how hyperbolic rather than simply adding off topic meanderings. Letting this thread end where it stops being informative would have been more useful than continuing this kind of off-topic debate.

Now I have bloody gone and done it too!

You don't think that off topic nonsense is noise? Gameplay experience is not noise, in my mind it is more constructive to address the core complaints no matter how hyperbolic rather than simply adding off topic meanderings. Letting this thread end where it stops being informative would have been more useful than continuing this kind of off-topic debate.

Now I have bloody gone and done it too!

You've at least done so with the intent of bringing the thread back on track.

As for my game-play experience, I can see where the review is coming from. I agree with almost all of it's content. The game appears to have a decent way to go to be an enjoyable experience for me.

Still, I do think that there's an obvious effort to make a great game there. From things such as the friction and other similar game-modifying options to the logo and stadium creation. The way night lighting looks heaps better, there are a mass of improvements. It's just that they are weighed down with a really disheartening range of flaws which take big bites out of the enjoyment.

I know that there's a patch in for submission, but unfortunately it seems like the current info seems to indicate that it'll only fix some crashes and the get best situation. Hopefully it'll be more and some game-play improvements that we haven't heard about yet, but I'm guessing something kind of comprehensive will be months away and eventual PC testing will be the basis of console users having some hope further on down the track.

• Strongly agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Neither agree nor disagree
  • Somewhat disagree
  • Strongly disagree
That's how you collect agreement in a balanced way. Not using three affirmatives, and a single polarising negative.

Can you please tell me the different between Somewhat agree (some part agreed however other Disagreed [overall 50% agree]) and somewhat disagree (some part Disagreed however other agreed [50% agree]). and what is neither agree not disagree ? (don't know or 50 -50 ?) again says I agree on some of it. 50 % agree....

The thing that some people fail to understand is that a lot of us on here have been on the Big Ant ride since before DBC 14, we have seen how they developed that game and then patched the issues that we had over subsequent months. The price of DBC14 was the same price as DBC17 in the UK.

There are issues with this game and some of them are big but many of us know and trust Ross and his team to fix them. Last time round we had simultaneous console and PC releases so people could see that they were rolling out patches to the PC on extremely regular basis this time round we don't have that yet but it is ridiculous to suggest (given previous evidence) that Big Ant won't patch the issues that have been highlighted, they will but the process for getting patches out to consoles is not straightforward or speedy so patience is required.

I'm willing bet that the majority of people here weren't on the big ant ride before DBC 14.

Also last time around we did NOT have simultaneous releases with the PC version which came almost 18 months later, where you got that from I'm not sure.

I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment with these dreams of a patch fixing everything. I'll reserve my judgement until the PC version comes out but people are going overboard with the expectations. How long did it take for patch 3 for DBC 14 to release, 2 years? They did sat when DBC 14 patch wish lists got big that the patches cost a lot of money to the point that they take a loss and in the case of RLL3 some things that are problematic there are hard coded in to the game. Who knows what is what, best to ease it off. Patient gaming wins again.

I'm willing bet that the majority of people here weren't on the big ant ride before DBC 14.

Also last time around we did NOT have simultaneous releases with the PC version which came almost 18 months later, where you got that from I'm not sure.

I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment with these dreams of a patch fixing everything. I'll reserve my judgement until the PC version comes out but people are going overboard with the expectations. How long did it take for patch 3 for DBC 14 to release, 2 years? They did sat when DBC 14 patch wish lists got big that the patches cost a lot of money to the point that they take a loss and in the case of RLL3 some things that are problematic there are hard coded in to the game. Who knows what is what, best to ease it off. Patient gaming wins again.
2 Months Apart not 18!
Screenshot_20161221-092749.png

Sorry your highness I confused it with another game. The point still stands it wasn't simultaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread