DBC17 Blobset Tools

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If the txpk header string location isn't correct, it can cause problems.

Great. I'll make sure my original files are backed up as before and I'll give it a whirl.

Note to anyone reading. Yes it's common sense, but whenever you're modifying files, ALWAYS make a backup first.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
@BigAntStudios

As this thread has peeked my interest, I wonder if you could clarify something for me.

As the current test build of the PS4 firmware supports a USB storage feature, could texture modding of the PS4 install feasibly work if transferred by USB onto a PC? I'm guessing not as Sony would probably encrypt the data, but it's worth asking.
I'm not sure, I don't have a PS4.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I'm not sure, I don't have a PS4.

I can already see one difference with the new update mate. Before it was only picking up bat grip textures and not the actual bat designs. Now it's picking up a much more comprehensive range of files. Not just limited to bats neither. It's picking up all the mechanics based folders and lua files too, but it was not before.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any mods made would be PC only - Sony/MS would block this use of the file system.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Any mods made would be PC only - Sony/MS would block this use of the file system.

Cheers. I suspected as much.

The blobset creator has been updated to 0.0.1.3

I just found another bug and has been fixed.

Just tried the new update and and no issues from a technical standpoint.

The whitelist is not accurate however, as things like club logos are in a different directory than they were in the demo. Instead of being in Character\logos\ like they are on the whitelist, they are now found split into 3 folders. Each logo has 2 versions in each folder. For example, i.england.pc.dds and i.englanda.pc.dds . As a result, modded files in the DBC17Mods folder have no effect in game. The path should be updated to data-0.blobset\convant2-temp-intermediate\ui\clublogos and each of 3 folders, hud_player, large_mirrored , and small

See the screenshots below.

upload_2017-2-26_3-48-45.png

upload_2017-2-26_3-50-11.png

Last edited:

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
You don't need to add the "convant2-temp-intermediate" folder, it's already accounted for in the program. The whitelist.txt is from the retail version, not the demo. I have the game now, so I'll do some test.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
You don't need to add the "convant2-temp-intermediate" folder, it's already accounted for in the program. The whitelist.txt is from the retail version, not the demo. I have the game now, so I'll do some test.

Got you!

Glad you got the game mate. Never let it be said that @BigAntStudios doesn't do anything to help the community! Too much negativity round these parts towards Ross sometimes.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Ok, now I know why it isn't working. I was told be someone who owns the game that "database_update-%d.blobset.pc" was referenced in the games exe file and it isn't, so that's why it isn't working. RLL3 had this referenced and that's why it worked for that game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Got you!

Glad you got the game mate. Never let it be said that @BigAntStudios doesn't do anything to help the community! Too much negativity round these parts towards Ross sometimes.

Thanks, I'm merely a mirror, I give back what I get given (of course sometimes with a bonus :p) - there's a lot of people that don't like what they see in the mirror!

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Ok, now I know why it isn't working. I was told be someone who owns the game that "database_update-%d.blobset.pc" was referenced in the games exe file and it isn't, so that's why it isn't working. RLL3 had this referenced and that's why it worked for that game.

I was just going to say that I moved all the logos to characters\ui\clublogos... and it still didn't do anything. Now we know why.[DOUBLEPOST=1488084912][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks, I'm merely a mirror, I give back what I get given (of course sometimes with a bonus :p) - there's a lot of people that don't like what they see in the mirror!

Of course, now you'll get people whining at you that you helped someone rather than releasing patch 4 yesterday to their exact exhausting list of specifications.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Of course, now you'll get people whining at you that you helped someone rather than releasing patch 4 yesterday to their exact exhausting list of specifications.

I'm on a plane currently flying over Suva, I'm not going to release a patch while I'm up here - but I guess that won't stop anyone. (FWIW we are working on a patch, I think everyone knows that.)

We get to do very few patches on Console - we want to make the next a very good one.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I don't think there is a game company that helps as much as BigAnt does.

A lot of companies would issue cease-and-desist orders/banhammers to people poking around their code.

Users who are viewing this thread