DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Bat texture hasn't changed? Great stuff... still can't do anything then with the academy

Zaneo

Club Captain
Ok isn't it just me or is it like a totally different game, continued my career I was timing balls no modifications for 4 alot now they are just dribbling maybe I just need to re learn how to play start a new career

Rob Stanworth

Club Captain
exactly that, tried it with the NZ domestic teams.
Is there a way of updating all the teams I've previously downloaded, or do I have to do it one by one? Or is it just a matter of clicking 'get best' and hoping that downloads all the ones I've previously used?

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Actually , I've received appreciation on many 50s (I play on Xbox1). Not sure if this issue is specific to career players?

So nothing on the Commentary section?
Still no appreciation for 50s 100s 150s 200s...

Rackemup27

Club Cricketer
My apologies if this has been answered already. But if continue my career now I have the updated version, will the duplicated player issue be gone in international teams?

Cheers guys and the new update is great (love the additional HUD data)

mazd

International Cricketer
The spin bowling experience has changed after the patch. Almost like DBC14, too much flight and drift on the ball. It was near perfect before the patch. But that said, Batting if fun with the new shots.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Wow im finding batting alot harder can't beat the fielders inside the ring
I've found it difficult to hit 4's down the ground with an aggressive ground stroke. Used to work almost all the time and now the fielder cuts it off. I guess it was a little OP though tbf.

5hitkicker

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there a way of updating all the teams I've previously downloaded, or do I have to do it one by one? Or is it just a matter of clicking 'get best' and hoping that downloads all the ones I've previously used?
I think it would depend if u did get best the first time, it would be safer doing it one by one.

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Line up ratings ( In career ) still saying TBD ov , anyone else finding this?

Paul Saw

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Seriously this is starting to get super frustrating with the straight drives now. 90% of the time the batsman backs away. The bowler bowls full and straight and you can't drive it straight? It doesn't matter if it's a lofted shot or not. The cover drive is a nice feature but they shouldn't have tempered with the rest of it. Games are supposed to go forwards after patches right? Not backwards twice.

Also casual games will still not work for me. They keep crashing every time I try to play one after I press proceed at the Match Setting pop up. It's been doing that ever since the Patch 1.02 came out. I would've thought this patch would have fixed this since this patch took forever to come out.

Who do I directly complain to? Big Ant? Tru Blu? Cause I'm sick of this.

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Ok isn't it just me or is it like a totally different game, continued my career I was timing balls no modifications for 4 alot now they are just dribbling maybe I just need to re learn how to play start a new career

I haven't started a career, the games a lot better now patched, but I'm still not game to start one with what problems there still are. Still, I can tell you that I've noticed that shots are playing out a lot different power-wise amongst other things. A lot of times even with great timing, they still just dribble off the bat, but the ones that do go away, race away off the surface like it's a pool table. I know a lot of outfields are pretty fast now, but once past a fielder, you are going to see many of the ones that slow and give a batsman a three, they just wizz off for four. I really think the pool table analogy isn't far off, the surface at most grounds even looks like one.

As you say though, there's a lot that you're sure you hit well prior to patch and the same shot now can go no-where. Must be a hard thing to find balance on, but the outfield thing also needs a look in my opinion. :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Yup definitely seems so. Played a few games after Patch 3 and struggled with leg glances/flicks and finding gap in the covers region, i.e. beating the Cover fielder. Need to spend some more time to get used to the batting post Patch 3.

Stil

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
First of all:

noice.png

Second of all:

Has anyone noticed if bowler stamina and length accuracy (had been too accurate) has been touched? I'd seen those issues raised previously here on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread