DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer
I was looking into that running between wickets thing today - do other people get the same impression I got, that it was certain shots that resulted in a delayed reaction to commencing the run from the batsman? Or are others seeing it every time they run?
It happens frequntly, but now that you mention it, it could be happening more so on certain shots, like a drive to the off side. Even though you have the run button pressed, it's as if the game is waiting for the shot animation to completely finish before releasing the batsman.

Last edited:

kishore_513

School Cricketer
I was looking into that running between wickets thing today - do other people get the same impression I got, that it was certain shots that resulted in a delayed reaction to commencing the run from the batsman? Or are others seeing it every time they run?
I just played the game with patch 3 for an hour or so and from what I remember, the delayed running happened mostly when hitting the ball of the back foot.

Goooner1

School Cricketer
Do we still have to sim matched in career to get our ratings increased properly, or is that fixed now?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I agree. After certain shots the batsmen tend to pose rather than take off for the run.
Mainly after helicopter shot..Seems like a punishment from the game for playing it..:p

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mainly after helicopter shot..Seems like a punishment from the game for playing it..:p
Is it possible to clear the ropes with helicopter shot, especially in hard/hardest levels

kishore_513

School Cricketer
On a Career mode main screen, I see some attributes like Running, Muscle power, Judgement etc but don't get to see it in any of the sub menus. I think these stats mostly are the reasons for us not being able to clear the inner field consistently, getting caught by slips regularly etc. I am not sure if these gets assigned to the player based on the physical build while creating the player or by the nature of the characteristic like Brute, Balanced etc we select after creating the player. So I am little confused if I improve my player skills like footwork, drives, glances etc with the XP, will this also improve the player's judgement, muscle power etc in some or the other way!?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
On a Career mode main screen, I see some attributes like Running, Muscle power, Judgement etc but don't get to see it in any of the sub menus. I think these stats mostly are the reasons for us not being able to clear the inner field consistently, getting caught by slips regularly etc. I am not sure if these gets assigned to the player based on the physical build while creating the player or by the nature of the characteristic like Brute, Balanced etc we select after creating the player. So I am little confused if I improve my player skills like footwork, drives, glances etc with the XP, will this also improve the player's judgement, muscle power etc in some or the other way!?
Judgement etc is upgraded with CXP (Career Experience points) and will update automatically after you level up, based on your performances in gameplay and achievements obtained...

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Played my first Online Pro20 Match on Legend as allways yesterday evening with the new patch ..... NOT Impressed .

A good bunch of stuff is fixed , but then other stuff were fiddled with , or got broken :

I will just mention what I picked up in this game , and wont repeat known issues that should hopefully get handled later.

Pro`s

1. Cover Drive & Square Drive is in.
  2. Pixelated Logo`s are fixed .
  3. They introduced a button on the fielding view to set for all batsman , but it doesnt allways work.
  4. Fielders in the inner ring seems to be slightly more wake up .
  5. Keeper reacted more naturally whilst fielding balls
  6. Straight Drive against Spinner is an option again.
  7. Scoring rate overall felt more realistic vs previous version.
  8. Spinners can bowl much wider.
  9. Horrible looking shot to Cover is gone.
Cons
  1. LegSide Shots now very easily result in your batsman walking over to the Offside Wide Line for some reason... I went to the Practice field and it is a bug . Setting the Ball marker and machine up , keeping the LA in the same position , results in some being hit perfectly , and some having the batsman jump over to offside wide line.
  2. Some shots results in the batsman hanging around when supposed to set off for a run , resulting in the non striker almost halfway down the pitch when the batsman set off.
  3. The keeper missed the ball 5 times fielding my throws , all very good on target throws. Two of the Throws actually ended up striking the keepers shoulder , so feel this is a regression from the previous version. When the keeper does actually collect the ball , it feels and looks better though.
  4. The fielding Preset issue is slightly better , but still not fixed. I had 3 x instances where at the first ball of an over , I tried setting a pre-set field , only to suddenly be "timed out" of the over.The field kept randomly changing after every other ball bowled , without notifying me as the batsman , resulting in myself having to look around after each and every ball to ensure I have the field placing as expected.
  5. It feels as if the Batting Difficulty has been increased overall , to reign in fast scoring.

It will take a good while to get used to this again...

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  1. LegSide Shots now very easily result in your batsman walking over to the Offside Wide Line for some reason...

This is exactly what I'm struggling with. The leg side flick was a decent shot before the patch and now it's extremely unpredictable how it plays out. Most of the time your batsman ends up moving far to the off side exposing his stumps behind his legs. Can't figure out what to do as even if I end up playing 3 successful leg glances, on the 4th try I end up getting bowled or missing the ball behind the legs.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Played my first Online Pro20 Match on Legend as allways yesterday evening with the new patch ..... NOT Impressed .

A good bunch of stuff is fixed , but then other stuff were fiddled with , or got broken :

I will just mention what I picked up in this game , and wont repeat known issues that should hopefully get handled later.

Pro`s

1. Cover Drive & Square Drive is in.
  2. Pixelated Logo`s are fixed .
  3. They introduced a button on the fielding view to set for all batsman , but it doesnt allways work.
  4. Fielders in the inner ring seems to be slightly more wake up .
  5. Keeper reacted more naturally whilst fielding balls
  6. Straight Drive against Spinner is an option again.
  7. Scoring rate overall felt more realistic vs previous version.
  8. Spinners can bowl much wider.
  9. Horrible looking shot to Cover is gone.
Cons
  1. LegSide Shots now very easily result in your batsman walking over to the Offside Wide Line for some reason... I went to the Practice field and it is a bug . Setting the Ball marker and machine up , keeping the LA in the same position , results in some being hit perfectly , and some having the batsman jump over to offside wide line.
  2. Some shots results in the batsman hanging around when supposed to set off for a run , resulting in the non striker almost halfway down the pitch when the batsman set off.
  3. The keeper missed the ball 5 times fielding my throws , all very good on target throws. Two of the Throws actually ended up striking the keepers shoulder , so feel this is a regression from the previous version. When the keeper does actually collect the ball , it feels and looks better though.
  4. The fielding Preset issue is slightly better , but still not fixed. I had 3 x instances where at the first ball of an over , I tried setting a pre-set field , only to suddenly be "timed out" of the over.The field kept randomly changing after every other ball bowled , without notifying me as the batsman , resulting in myself having to look around after each and every ball to ensure I have the field placing as expected.
  5. It feels as if the Batting Difficulty has been increased overall , to reign in fast scoring.

It will take a good while to get used to this again...
Replicated what you did, if the ball's line is outside of your legs this bug will happen with the flick shot, i moved the marker to in line with my legs and it doesnt happen..... I also tried with ball marker just outside the line of my legs and then before ball is bowled moved across the stumps so that the line is in line with my legs then played flick/leg glance and it works fine -- so shot selection/ line of ball is now key to playing this shot... it MUST be on your legs to even attempt the shot...

Users who are viewing this thread