DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

Since Patch 3, on Career mode the County Teams are playing in One day kit for First Class games... anyone else?

I was looking into that running between wickets thing today - do other people get the same impression I got, that it was certain shots that resulted in a delayed reaction to commencing the run from the batsman? Or are others seeing it every time they run?
Yes Matt I think your right it is with certain shots , when it's a long bat animation but will watch and note for future

I was looking into that running between wickets thing today - do other people get the same impression I got, that it was certain shots that resulted in a delayed reaction to commencing the run from the batsman? Or are others seeing it every time they run?
Certain shots but I haven't played enough to notice if its same one.. find non strikers end ball watching at times and i could be half way down pitch before he reacts

So having gone into career for the first time post patch 3 I now see Australian provincial shield and NZ provincial shield in my selection status. Does this mean we now have the possibility of playing at least a few overseas FC tournaments as well as T20?

Great addition if so and seems to have slipped under the radar (for me at least)

Replicated what you did, if the ball's line is outside of your legs this bug will happen with the flick shot, i moved the marker to in line with my legs and it doesnt happen..... I also tried with ball marker just outside the line of my legs and then before ball is bowled moved across the stumps so that the line is in line with my legs then played flick/leg glance and it works fine -- so shot selection/ line of ball is now key to playing this shot... it MUST be on your legs to even attempt the shot...

I tried taking a middle & off stance by moving my batsman to the off and was still getting bowled with my batsman falling over to the off side. Surely if I'm taking a middle & off stance I should be able to glance deliveries on the stumps and not getting bowled behind my @$$!

So having gone into career for the first time post patch 3 I now see Australian provincial shield and NZ provincial shield in my selection status. Does this mean we now have the possibility of playing at least a few overseas FC tournaments as well as T20?

Great addition if so and seems to have slipped under the radar (for me at least)
We have the ability to play in any domestic competition in all the test playing nations

I tried taking a middle & off stance by moving my batsman to the off and was still getting bowled with my batsman falling over to the off side. Surely if I'm taking a middle & off stance I should be able to glance deliveries on the stumps and not getting bowled behind my @$$!
Were you trying fine leg glance or you were playing it squarer.

Were you trying fine leg glance or you were playing it squarer.

Both. Results are unpredictable for me. Sometimes I miss the ball altogether and get LBW. Or I hit the ball very fine or to fine leg/backward square leg. Sometimes the ball goes to forward deep mid wkt region (sort of widish on drive) and sometimes I fall way over to the offside with the ball going behind the batsman's legs.

Edit: Check out the video link at this post to see the sort of dismissal I'm talking about, i.e. getting bowled behind the legs as the batsman walks way over to the off side...

Gameplay Videos/Live Streams | Page 19 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

bowled (fast leg cutter) - Streamable

Last edited:
Both. Results are unpredictable for me. Sometimes I miss the ball altogether and get LBW. Or I hit the ball very fine or to fine leg/backward square leg. Sometimes the ball goes to forward deep mid wkt region (sort of widish on drive) and sometimes I fall way over to the offside with the ball going behind the batsman's legs.

Edit: Check out the video link at this post to see the sort of dismissal I'm talking about, i.e. getting bowled behind the legs as the batsman walks way over to the off side...

Gameplay Videos/Live Streams | Page 19 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

bowled (fast leg cutter) - Streamable

The key thing is foot work is very fine, practice a lot in academy for a particular ball on the pitch there will a particular foot work, here footwork varies with clock 12 is different from 1 and 2.
Also there are two types of leglance square and fine, the squarer one will work with all deliveries easily once you find the right footwork, the finer one requires the ball to angle in a bit which is realistic. once you can recognise that it will work fine and ball behind ass.

The key thing is foot work is very fine, practice a lot in academy for a particular ball on the pitch there will a particular foot work, here footwork varies with clock 12 is different from 1 and 2.
Also there are two types of leglance square and fine, the squarer one will work with all deliveries easily once you find the right footwork, the finer one requires the ball to angle in a bit which is realistic. once you can recognise that it will work fine and ball behind ass.

Three questions regarding square & fine leg glance and cover drives...

1. What should be the position of Right Stick and Left Stick to play i) Fine leg glance, and ii) Square leg glance? I can't seem to figure it out and it happens randomly.

2. How do you play on drive through widish mid on towards forward deep mid wkt? i.e. what should be the position of left stick and right stick for the same? Currently I manage to hit the shot accidentally but can't figure out how.

3. How do you play the following cover drives, i.e. what should be the left stick & right stick position for the following...
i) Straightish Cover drive through extra cover
ii) Traditional drive through Covers
iii) A more squarish drive (sort of square drive) through cover point or point region

At the moment I'm able to play some of the shots but they seem random. I can't seem to reproduce the shots and have no idea how to do so or what I'm doing wrong. Any help/tips with the above queries would be extremely helpful.

Three questions regarding square & fine leg glance and cover drives...

1. What should be the position of Right Stick and Left Stick to play i) Fine leg glance, and ii) Square leg glance? I can't seem to figure it out and it happens randomly.

2. How do you play on drive through widish mid on towards forward deep mid wkt? i.e. what should be the position of left stick and right stick for the same? Currently I manage to hit the shot accidentally but can't figure out how.

3. How do you play the following cover drives, i.e. what should be the left stick & right stick position for the following...
i) Straightish Cover drive through extra cover
ii) Traditional drive through Covers
iii) A more squarish drive (sort of square drive) through cover point or point region

At the moment I'm able to play some of the shots but they seem random. I can't seem to reproduce the shots and have no idea how to do so or what I'm doing wrong. Any help/tips with the above queries would be extremely helpful.

The drive through extra cover was my bread and butter and seems to have completely gone with this new patch, every time I give it a go with an appropriate delivery it seems to go though the cover region or go square. I know where I'm pointing the right stick and it sure isn't where the ball is going.

The drive through extra cover was my bread and butter and seems to have completely gone with this new patch, every time I give it a go with an appropriate delivery it seems to go though the cover region or go square. I know where I'm pointing the right stick and it sure isn't where the ball is going.

I've had a similar experience along with unpredictable leg glance shot. Before the patch leg glance used to be my "bread & butter" shot but is no longer so. Same with cover drives as I seem to hit them straight to the cover fielder. That's why want to know what exactly am I doing wrong with my footwork & timing. Even if I do manage to hit a shot through the gap by fluke, I can't seem to repeat the same. It seems all too random to me.

I'd like someone from BA to have an opinion on this and maybe give some pointers. Or just change the batting back! I was going along ok before this patch, batting and bowling and really both seem very different now.

How hard is it to calculate a batting average? Seems Big Ant need to hire someone who has passed grade 9 maths....

Attachments

• 1485410686258-1578746494.jpg
    1485410686258-1578746494.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 209

Users who are viewing this thread