DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Game is much improved but on Xbox One I've run out of logo space again before managing to apply kits for all teams. Annoying as I started from scratch and assumed it wouldn't be a problem now.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Posted this on the other thread. Should've posted here:

Thank you all for the effort. The new patch (console) feels great. Much more crisp now in terms of gameplay.

Quick question, the long sleeves and vests not sticking for me. Reverts back to short sleeves. Is this for me only or is there a problem overall for everyone?

Sahil180

Club Captain
Posted this on the other thread. Should've posted here:

Thank you all for the effort. The new patch (console) feels great. Much more crisp now in terms of gameplay.

Quick question, the long sleeves and vests not sticking for me. Reverts back to short sleeves. Is this for me only or is there a problem overall for everyone?
everyone, I really wish they would add this feature sometime

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Did a clear saved data (PS4), started a new career and played my first game. I think I chose Veteran difficulty (1 above Pro), Hard bowling and Hard batting (I think - may have opted for Medium).

I noticed a few improvements straight away, visuals looked crisper and definitely more smooth on PS4 Pro. Also the pacing of the T20 seemed better as my first over I went for 2, after several frustrating shots to fielders for the AI (I imagine). Then the captain brought me back on for the 19th over and I went for 7 or 8 I think. Apart from that, the bowling felt familiar and I didn't notice anything tremendously different, but then I did only bowl 2 overs with a fresh faced whipper snapper (i.e. no skills whatsoever).

Batting was a different experience. I feel like the timing was a lot better, even after stepping it up to Hard from Medium (I wasn't very good pre-patch 4 either) and took a rushed single off my first ball to mid on. We needed 50 off 3 overs when I came in, and I was actually able to start slogging straight away which was nice! I hit 3 4's and was on about 15 runs of 8 balls or so. We needed 15 off the last over and I played a terrible pre-meditated shot to leave my stumps exposed and get clean bowled. We lost by 10 runs (chasing about 170).

I must say, I didn't have too much of an issue with the game before this patch, playing primarily career mode, so I wasn't expecting unicorns and rainbows, but it seems a solid update based off my small sample size of about 20 balls bowled/batted. Hoping to get some time to play it a bit more in depth over the weekend!

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I especially love the spinners dropping it short...although it does seem to be happening a bit too often for me. Spinners usually want to draw batsmen out on the front foot, but that's a small thing.

On that note, I'm really struggling with playing those short deliveries from spinners. Any tips?

arsh3565

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey since i bought the game I'm unable to play any defensive shots R2 works fine
R2 works in every other games even i can play Aggressive Ground shots but not Defensive shots can someone help

Thanks BigAnt For the Patch 4 Mate

grkrama

National Board President
although it does seem to be happening a bit too often for me

It happens in phases in one spell you get a lot of it then in another spell you get them rarely, im also not sure if its bowler dependent think sodhi of NZ drops it short quite a bit, generally i get spells were they drop 4-5 short in a 5-6 over spell, this is with intl teams, and at legend diff.

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
I continued my career on patch 4 and to my surprise I was the 12th man for 2 matches with Rahane getting my opening slot. I got a chance finally in the next match. Loved it. Am I correct to say now that if I do t perform I can be the 12th man or wont be picked at all in the team.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I especially love the spinners dropping it short...although it does seem to be happening a bit too often for me. Spinners usually want to draw batsmen out on the front foot, but that's a small thing.

On that note, I'm really struggling with playing those short deliveries from spinners. Any tips?

Hopefully what you will see is the lower skilled a spinner is the more likely he is to drop it short. This is realistic as lower skilled spinners tend to drag it down and give long hops.

Users who are viewing this thread