Deep analysis of the Ashes cricket game

The models would have been made at the start of the project.

So the rep's on here were telling "porkies" the whole time.

But Mike said ''I am a man of my word'' :noway

MattW have you ever made a better use of 20$,look at the fame and fun it has provided u , look at the wizardry in the game,indeed mike is man of word:thumbs

I Think This is the best Sandbox Game,not even skyrim can match it
nXRZxI9.gif

wzMuE8B.gif

Last edited:
The models would have been made at the start of the project.

So the rep's on here were telling "porkies" the whole time.

The contents of the game suggests that:

a) There was mo-cap done and face mapped to the model.

b) Eyes? Why were eyes omitted or removed? That is very bad to do that to living persons.

c) The mo-cap was done but the number of frames were very numerous and seems to have errors. (you can see the person dancing around and around, running with rickets). If you capture mo-cap, you need to spend lots of time cleaning up the animations.

d) The models are huge. Just 1 model consumes 200mb with no LOD, no smart loading. The number of poly is huge at 50,000+ per person.

e) The models look female even though the models are male... :lol

The contents of the game suggests that:

a) There was mo-cap done and face mapped to the model.

b) Eyes? Why were eyes omitted or removed? That is very bad to do that to living persons.

c) The mo-cap was done but the number of frames were very numerous and seems to have errors. (you can see the person dancing around and around, running with rickets). If you capture mo-cap, you need to spend lots of time cleaning up the animations.

d) The models are huge. Just 1 model consumes 200mb with no LOD, no smart loading. The number of poly is huge at 50,000+ per person.

e) The models look female even though the models are male... :lol

That is ridiculous! I did some work for the MOD last year and for an aircraft carrier our limit was 20,000 polys....

Porkies is an expression, Lies rhymes with "Pork pies"

Porkies is an expression, Lies rhymes with "Pork pies"

I've debunked their other videos (see the whole 10+ pages of this thread) as outright lies where they tell something and don't do it, or there is no evidence that feature or that enhancement was actually added.

For the motion capture part, I did see it, I felt the way how it was done very badly done. No senior 3d artist would even do this kind of quality.

If you talk about quality, a senior artist would be making something similar to the characters in Halo or Assassin Creed or Far Cry quality, or WoW.

----------

In post #171, the video shows have no LOD, no Culling, no Light-mapping and they complain about (quote) "engine problems".

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist that that they did not use optimisation features, the game is released to the public with debug mode (as seen exploited) and output.txt with lots of error messages.

This is a great thread. I am a real novice but I think I get the jist of it.

@grkama,

It depends on the situation. There's Quma if you are looking to do animation quickly.

QUMARION | Humanoid input device

https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/computer-aided-design-(cad)/animated-action-figures

The other technique is to use a 3D printer, print the 3D dolls, tack-on the sensors and then move it around, let the software capture it.

Also, use the newer animation system.

Don't use the older system. If you use the older system, you can potentially spend more than 6 months making animations, models for 12 models.

The newer system, requires you label all the joints, with standardised names - e.g., head, neck, shoulder, hand, and specify the angle and location to move to. That way, you can do animations very, very fast.

The errors you see are because they use the older system where the animation is specified as a set of decimal numbers representing the final positions and locations.

If you have a tall guy, you cannot put the animation of the tall guy into the short guy, it would look funny.

If you have a person with short elbow, you cannot put the animation set of the guy with short elbows to the person with long elbows.

So don't make the same mistakes. use the newer animation system. I'll leave that as an exercise for you to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
My analysis: Its shit.

Have a wonderful day!

Users who are viewing this thread