Review Demo impressions thread

Hello guys this is my second video on hard mode and the quality of the video is much much better. Check it out. I played 2 games one in which I batted first with Australia and scored 41/3 in 3 overs and the second in which I chased down 30 odd runs in 2.3 overs. The video has the entire details covered. I haven't tried to skip anything if I have skipped something that is because its already in my first video.

A funny thing happened in it that the AI said canceled a run and they were both at the same end and nothing happened like the previous cricket versions. Its in the first game where England is chasing the target posted by me.
Megashares - Drag. Drop. Yup. The first site to provide FREE file hosting with drag n drop support.

Hope you enjoy it reps and replies much appreciated.
The first gameplay video which I posted is on page 21 if any one wants to have a look at that too.

cheers, will download it as soon as the bloody site lets me!

you managed to score a lot more this time, are you finding the game is becoming noticeably easier each time you play it?

cheers, will download it as soon as the bloody site lets me!

you managed to score a lot more this time, are you finding the game is becoming noticeably easier each time you play it?

The game I lost last time was the first and that was because I gave far too many runs as I was trying to get that catching system for you. That came twice before when I played and bowled crap balls on the green spot but wasn't lucky to get any during my recording session.

But gameplay is easy on hard mode but is still enjoyable. Somehow there is a problem even when I m trying to play on front foot but had the LB button pressed before the bowler start his run up the shot played is always on the backfoot and hence I got LBW first ball in the second video. But then I realized that it was happening as I had it pressed before the bowler starts his run up.
Its not a perfect game but quite fun I don't think we can keep on hitting the ball without getting out. Although I find it hard to get wickets when bowling only run outs and had a blinder of a stumping off Swaan's bowling.

Let me know if you need anything specific to be recorded just PM me. I ll try but maybe tomorrow night.

On the Hard one, when the Aussies were bowling, were they controlled by the AI, or by a friend? Because they seemed to be mixing up the line and length really well! Much more so than the 'easy' videos.

Also, has anyone tried to bowl a spinner and surround the batsman? Because in most cricket games I've played, that method is usually an 'insta-wicket'. If that's not the case in this game, if that just results in you being flayed around the park, then this game is truly a breakthrough!

Some spinner videos with the batsman surrounded by close in fielders would be good. :) Not as good as if the demo was out on PC, but hey, only a matter of days to wait now.

Just to ask anyone who has a 360 gold membership can you even have a 48 hour trial and will it work? If you want to download the demo

Care to post a gameplay video?

I'd personally be surprised if he got 68 the first time he played on hard....

Most I've scored in one innings on hard is 51 and that was with some top edges (going for 4) whilst trying to smash it. :D There is just no risk when you play the ball along the ground, which is what I was getting at earlier when I said there is just no need to play a defensive shot. :(

Give me some difficulty sliders (going up to some ludicrous number) for offline play damn it! I've been saying it for literally years. If needs be keep set difficulty levels as another option for online and anyone that wants to use those levels offline.

What exactly is the news on the ps3 demo. Is it going to come out eventually or did they say there would not be one? I cant find the post regarding it.

Also has anyone tried batting with the tail enders? How did they play, was there a discernible difference from the openers?

Just to ask anyone who has a 360 gold membership can you even have a 48 hour trial and will it work? If you want to download the demo

Just create a new Gamer profile I believe. It should give you a certain period of XBL Gold.

What exactly is the news on the ps3 demo. Is it going to come out eventually or did they say there would not be one? I cant find the post regarding it.

Also has anyone tried batting with the tail enders? How did they play, was there a discernible difference from the openers?

Ditto the PC demo.

Is it just me, or are the outfields a bit on the slow side? Are they damp?

Is it just me, or are the outfields a bit on the slow side? Are they damp?

They might be a little slow. However, I have seen some inconsistent speeds. One ball you time reasonably well and it just makes it to the boundary, another ball you hit, in the same area, flies off the bat but doesn't make it, the speed just disappears for no apparent reason. Now that confuses me.

As for batting with tailenders, it's definitely not as easy, but I still didn't get out with Anderson and Panesar and I was playing a shot a ball. Sure, a couple of streaky shots and edges but I never really felt under threat. Never felt like I was going to reach the boundary either. The aiming cursor thing on the radar is bigger with tailenders as well.

EDIT: Just remembered that Siddle was bowling 97-98 MPH at me with Anderson and Panesar! :eek: That would explain a couple of edges, not reacting quick enough.

Does anybody know how to sweep? I've seen the English batsman do it and I've tried just about anything; does anyone know?

Johnson at least started bowling a good line and length until midway through his 2nd over where he decided to go yorker again.

EDIT: Just remembered that Siddle was bowling 97-98 MPH at me with Anderson and Panesar! :eek: That would explain a couple of edges, not reacting quick enough.

All the videos I have seen have Anderson bowling in the mid 70's. Hopefully they have fixed these.

Not a good sign how this thread has started with very positive reviews and is now slowly turning negative. I guess that was to be expected, sigh. At least we will finally have cricket on the ps3.

Users who are viewing this thread