Review Demo impressions thread

Yes I will be pre-ordering this game, after play-testing it. What about you MasterBlaster 76?

After playing the demo I'll also be pre-ordering. I had low-medium expectations and so far i think the games is pretty good.

If people are wondering about difficulty. These are the highest scores i got for each after three overs when you basically just try and smack everything

Easy - 80's
Medium -20/30
Hard - 12

I've had a couple of pretty good moments. I was Hauritz bowling to Strauss, he inside edged it on to his pads, and it rolled to the stumps and snuck the bail off, quite cool.

Another thing i love is you can go out by playing a ground stoke. I was Strauss facing Siddle and played a cover drive, expect i miss timed it and it went straight to the fieldsman.

Alot of people are saying its good, i am suprised. Me I find it a step backwards the animation is not very fluent, the shot selection is poor as you can so easily hit 6's not by hooking but playing the ball off the shoulder as a late cut and watch it sail over the boundary.

Havent been able to pull off any sweep shots or reverse sweeps, and choosing front foot or back foot shots just dont seem realistic. If you want boundaries use the back foot shot and for a more realistic shot use front foot what the hell.

As for the bowling the, meter for where to pitch the ball is useless and good line and length seems to mean nothing it generally want off stump for fast bowler all the time and the use of a yorker or bouncer seems to play not part in tactics or game play what so ever, as the AI just hammers the full pitch ball but has trouble if you pitch it at off stump with less length. Yes McGrath made a career doing this but come on some use of the ball delivery and changing the length would come in handy.

Also as the game is limited to 6 overs 3 each using the spinner is pointless as the ball has no weather on it and is just a new crisp ball, as you can look at its condition and evaluate what swing and spin it will be likely to produce. As this is just presenting no wear Im hoping some change will be seem in the full version.

Overall I wast too happy, much preferred BLIC when it came out and played it with more enthusiasm. Maybe I was expecting more but will still would not hold my breath on the full version producing any great change.

Tbh, Codies need to build on this game. Don't just release this and bang not more cricket games for another twelve years.

Change the title after this and make it a yearly release, just improve on it it's a solid foundation imo.

Transmission guys said during the initial period that,

And don?t worry about your Australian stadia: they?ll feature much heavier in Ashes Cricket 2010!

So we can expect this game, which seem to have got the basics right, to go in the mightier path in future :)

Overall I wast too happy, much preferred BLIC when it came out and played it with more enthusiasm. Maybe I was expecting more but will still would not hold my breath on the full version producing any great change.

Can't be serious, can you? The game will be better than RPIC/BLIC by a fair way...

You guys with the demo are lucky, i also have xbvox live but i cant download it because i am on a stupid 12gb internet usage plan.

But back on topic, can i have a final answer on whether scoring runs is more realistic and difficult than 2007? (Hard Mode)

Just made 40/4 on hard mode. If you're going to try score quickly you're going to have to be prepared to lose wickets. If I was to of played 10 overs at that pace I would of made about 60 or 70 all out. Its going to be good when the game comes out to see what its like to build an innings rather than try smash it to all areas. Although I did hit a monster six with Pietersen, shuffled to the offside and creamed Johnson over square leg.

I can't wait for the game to come out, and play with a decent team like New Zealand!

Just made 40/4 on hard mode. If you're going to try score quickly you're going to have to be prepared to lose wickets. If I was to of played 10 overs at that pace I would of made about 60 or 70 all out. Its going to be good when the game comes out to see what its like to build an innings rather than try smash it to all areas. Although I did hit a monster six with Pietersen, shuffled to the offside and creamed Johnson over square leg.

I can't wait for the game to come out, and play with a decent team like New Zealand!

lmao.

What is the most amount of wickets you have managed to take on hard?

Hard is quite difficult for me, I just find it difficult to time the ball when slogging. Can't really surpass 50 on hard.

come on good people, can some one vedio a match and send us a link to see it. if so please play it at the hard level

come on good people, can some one vedio a match and send us a link to see it. if so please play it at the hard level

If you bother to read the earlier posts there is at least 2 hours of footage posted by various people.

lmao.

I think the max I took was 2 when the AI was trying to slog it to reach my total. One was an edge to slips and the other a cut to point.

Going through last few pages I want to thanks rlfan82 for allowing us to see how it looks .tHnks mate

I absolutely love the catching system, works really well with caught and bowled.

Then when the replay is shown it just looks so fluent, so far the game has exceeded my expecatations.

Still a bit iffy on the mechanics of using the swing and spin, is it the closer I get to the red without actually hitting the red the more it swings/spins?

lmao.

The most I've got is one wicket, but I haven't really tried much. I was just focusing on the bowling system, and how everything works. There was one over which really got me into it. I was bowling with Freddie, Hughes hit me to the fielder about 3 times in a row, he then played and missed, then he got an outside edge along the ground, decided to stick in a short ball on middle stump for the last delivery and he skied a top edge and got caught by square leg. I felt pretty awesome haha.

The catching system is pretty awesome, alot better than RP/BLIC.

nz0003 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

I absolutely love the catching system, works really well with caught and bowled.

Then when the replay is shown it just looks so fluent, so far the game has exceeded my expecatations.

Still a bit iffy on the mechanics of using the swing and spin, is it the closer I get to the red without actually hitting the red the more it swings/spins?

I agree with everything in this post. Swing/spin is confusing the ████ out of me, but once I figure it out I presume it will be simple.

Users who are viewing this thread