Review Demo impressions thread

21 was fine but I could easily make it in the first over without any pressure.. Just charged every ball.. Something needs to be done about the charging.. If I don't charge then the game gets more interesting.. I guess in multiplayer that'll be a killer strategy.

No, you just need to stop charging every ball.

It's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with the person playing the game.

Oh, I agree that it is enjoyable.

Perhaps I'm just not pitching the ball properly. Do you always bowl in the yellow or do you sometimes stray into the green?

Oh, and I keep getting crazy run outs by the CPU unfortunately.

It's meant to be in the green, which is probably why you were getting flayed.

Yea well that does not help us console users. All the codies fanboys will say that it will be fixed in the final build so go ahead and pre order

ohhh noo, let me see a reviwe of the full game first, in sri lnak its going to be at around 6000Rs to buy the original copy, so for me i just have to see everything fixed before.. and i am enjoying ICC09 anyways so if they dont fix the bugs i dont have to buy it... ;)

ohhh noo, let me see a reviwe of the full game first, in sri lnak its going to be at around 6000Rs to by the original copy, so for me i just have to see everything fixed before.. and i am enjoying ICC09 anyways so if they dont fix the bugs i dont have to buy it... ;)

I play ICC09 too but you cant compare that to an actual cricket game.

No, you just need to stop charging every ball.

It's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with the person playing the game.

You seriously think it's not a problem.. well like i mentioned in my post.. it will be a killing strategy in multiplayer games.. nobody plays the game in multiplayer the way the play vs computer..

In either case.. it's an issue with the game.. One shouldn't be able to time the ball that easily from the first ball charging.. that's what i believe.. Offcourse u need to charge every now and then.. specially using ur feet against the spinners..

Don't get me wrong.. I have already pre-ordered the game from EB-Games but there is no point arguing on a flaw.. We did do the same with the previous version, i.e. changed our strategy to play the game so that it gets harder and more realistic.. I guess we might have to live with some adjustments while playing the game vs AI then..

Mind you it's not that cheap.. Since the game is patchable, Codies might be able to do something about it..

^ I never saw anyone charging in any of the videos. Next person to post a video, could you please do so.

I play ICC09 too but you cant compare that to an actual cricket game.

yes you cant, but i think its far more fun playing ICC09 then playing anything with major bugs,... dont you thing. atlest for core cricket fans

yes you cant, but i think its far more fun playing ICC09 then playing anything with major bugs,... dont you thing. atlest for core cricket fans

No I disagree. I would rather physically control the player. Bugs or not, playing actual cricket is much more fun for me than directing it. Even if the AI is terrible the online play should be fun. I really hope they have a ranking system.

Hmarka added 4 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

This video shows the catch system quite well :

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Bowling

i played the demo on Xbox 360 of my friend.
Game play is brilliant and graphics are superb.
Thanks To Codies.

No I disagree. I would rather physically control the player. Bugs or not, playing actual cricket is much more fun for me than directing it. Even if the AI is terrible the online play should be fun. I really hope they have a ranking system.

Hmarka added 4 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

This video shows the catch system quite well :

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Bowling

Cool mate, just let me know, when you try out the full game. Its very expansive here then in UK. So I need to know is it worth it before buying.. and no arguments about physically controlling the game. I have played first class cricket and was fortunate in playing with Vaas for Colombo Colts Cricket, so I know NO PC game ever will give that real feeling of playing our mighty old cricket?. Its lot more then just a game if you know what I mean !!! :hpraise

Cool mate, just let me know, when you try out the full game. Its very expansive here then in UK. So I need to know is it worth it before buying.. and no arguments about physically controlling the game. I have played first class cricket and was fortunate in playing with Vaas for Colombo Colts Cricket, so I know NO PC game ever will give that real feeling of playing our mighty old cricket?. Its lot more then just a game if you know what I mean !!! :hpraise

I agree, but you have gone from comparing ICC09 to AC09 and then first class cricket to a video game. You are all over the place here, dont even know how to respond.

I understand the game is expensive, but when you consider that this is the first game in 2 years, I am willing to pay anything short of a small fortune for ANY cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread