Review Demo impressions thread

You seriously think it's not a problem.. well like i mentioned in my post.. it will be a killing strategy in multiplayer games.. nobody plays the game in multiplayer the way the play vs computer..

In either case.. it's an issue with the game.. One shouldn't be able to time the ball that easily from the first ball charging.. that's what i believe.. Offcourse u need to charge every now and then.. specially using ur feet against the spinners..

Don't get me wrong.. I have already pre-ordered the game from EB-Games but there is no point arguing on a flaw.. We did do the same with the previous version, i.e. changed our strategy to play the game so that it gets harder and more realistic.. I guess we might have to live with some adjustments while playing the game vs AI then..

Mind you it's not that cheap.. Since the game is patchable, Codies might be able to do something about it..

It's not a killing strategy, it's a cheap strategy.

If I was playing multiplayer against somebody and they were charging every ball, I'd be inclined to put the control straight down their throat.

It's not a killing strategy, it's a cheap strategy.

If I was playing multiplayer against somebody and they were charging every ball, I'd be inclined to put the control straight down their throat.

or just pitch the ball short ;)

has anybody made a 50 yet? Because I want to know how they celebrate it, do they have individual celebrations?

I agree, but you have gone from comparing ICC09 to AC09 and then first class cricket to a video game. You are all over the place here, dont even know how to respond.

I understand the game is expensive, but when you consider that this is the first game in 2 years, I am willing to pay anything short of a small fortune for ANY cricket game.

No I think you probably didn’t get me there. What I wanted to say was 1) because I have played first class cricket and understands the joy of playing it at that level I don’t think any game ever will give us the same satisfaction. So I don’t expect that from any pc game. 2) ICC09 is not cricket simulation but its technically more realistic to the real game. Yes you dont have control over individual batting or bowling but if you take the big picture and stats, you will find it more realistic. 3) for me because I understands the game and rank my self as hardcore cricket fan (I am sure you must be too), I would like to play a more realistic game then a game with bugs which makes the game look totally unrealistic. Hope you get my point…!!! :cheers

Whats your name then mate? Would love to see your cricinfo profile. Every first class cricketer is on there.

I do get your point, no game will ever compare to actual cricket. I dont think their meant to replace playing the actual game, just something to enjoy for those of us not lucky enough to partake in the real deal.

has anybody made a 50 yet? Because I want to know how they celebrate it, do they have individual celebrations?

If they don't even have individual bowling or batting animations, I really doubt they'll have individual celebrations.

well if you must know i am K.L.S.L Dias also known as lassana dias, anyways i am waiting for a reviwe of the full game before i buy

well if you must know i am K.L.S.L Dias also known as lassana dias, anyways i am waiting for a reviwe of the full game before i buy

wow mate , u have 200 FC wickets at 19! Thats damn impressive.

Full reviews from gamespot and the lot should very telling. I am more interested in reviews on the online play.

I understand the game is expensive, but when you consider that this is the first game in 2 years, I am willing to pay anything short of a small fortune for ANY cricket game.
I'd reccommend playing EA Cricket 2004 with Sam's EXE, and an AI patch of your choosing. Use the new kits, graphics and rosters too. It's huge amounts of fun then.

I'd reccommend playing EA Cricket 2004 with Sam's EXE, and an AI patch of your choosing. Use the new kits, graphics and rosters too. It's huge amounts of fun then.

Once its on ps3 , I do not think I will be able to go back to non HD.

wow mate , u have 200 FC wickets at 19! Thats damn impressive.

Full reviews from gamespot and the lot should very telling. I am more interested in reviews on the online play.

yap i think i did ok, but i wanted to be a fast bowler when i started out... anyway i dont play anymore, last year was my final year... in my home pc i cant play online so thats why AI gameplay is key for me

We have a First-Class calibre cricketer on PC! Nice.

I don't like the sound of being able to charge down and hit every ball for four. Maybe it only worked because the fields are set for a Test match? Otherwise he'd be out caught? Also, some people have figured out how to time each shot perfectly, so that doesn't sound good. That bug where some bowleds aren't giving out because the other team are appealing, the easy AI runouts, big problems as well. Infact, the charging down, perfect timing and easy AI runouts all sound a lot like bugs you would find in Cricket 2004...

I don't like the sound of being able to charge down and hit every ball for four. Maybe it only worked because the fields are set for a Test match? Otherwise he'd be out caught? Also, some people have figured out how to time each shot perfectly, so that doesn't sound good.
I genuinely do think that if someone playing on hard can hit every ball for four timed perfectly in the game I played in the playtest (my demo download is still going) then they should apply to be a fighter pilot.

The comments so far just don't sound like the game that I played, so it may be that it is both an older build and that it is the ODI AI in test conditions.

Either way, I suggest people wait until some thorough reviews of the final game start coming through.

Users who are viewing this thread