Review Demo impressions thread

How many matches have you played? The stats add on after each match. If you're talking about a video, the same applies to him, I guess.

Now, will somebody PLEASE tell me how to play a sweep shot? That'd be real bloody swell

Nah Im waiting for the PC release so im just checking the youtube vids. And if they update their real life stats thats pretty lame. I dont want to play a series and then have to math it out trying to figure out how many wickets Ive taken..because then I have to freekin subtract the original wickets (for example) from the total of wickets at the end of the series - thats stupid.

What would be so difficult to create a profile and all your achievements and ONLY the achievements that you as PLAYER is responsible for, update? So after I have played 50 games i can say "cool Ive scored like 2500 runs with Ponting". That makes more sense

I think you answered your own question.

I didn't think easy means you can get 30-33 runs per over:eek:!Even i saw some one posting that he's finding the hard mode very easy to bat.How can it be so?Is it bcz of CPU pacing in this 3 over demo?Or was the demo an old build?or may be if we continue to slog the same way,we should be loosing wickets atleast ina test match otherwise there is no meaning for this game:(.

I am really disappointed with the bowler ratings...Take a look for yourself....

Graeme Swann-76
M.Panesar-69 ...WTF???
P.Collingwood-56 :noway
K.Pietersen-52 :eek:

The way batsmen ground the bat is appalling....

Last edited:
Yea well that does not help us console users. All the codies fanboys will say that it will be fixed in the final build so go ahead and pre order

Err, you're a bit in the past weezy, PS3/360 are patchable and it'd be terrible post-product support if TG/Codies didn't patch for any thing other than PC, when the resources are there to do so.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves, the guys themselves have said this is an old built and that they've changed quite a lot in the last few weeks. This build was 2 weeks before the playtest, which is roughly 6 weeks before they will go master, which if the release date is 7th August, should be about now.

what happen after the match is completed?
Is there any Presentation Ceremony?

Why would that be so important? Lets say if they have included that in the full game, are you going to answer any questions? or will u be watching it after the 2nd or 3rd time ?

Im happy with few handshakes.

We have to look at the demo as a 3 over test demo , lets play it on hard and over 5 days when it matters as the pitch changes , or how many runs are generated by the AI , for us to chase .
Lets wait and see what 50 over odi and 20 overs are like on hard to what the AI sets or chases :p

Hm, just playing a match on normal, I was bowling as Hilfy, Strauss blocks in the area of cover, the closest fielders were at point and mid-off, they take a single. Thing is, it could have been cut-off if one of the fielders had gone for it before they completed the single. It would have gone something like this.

Strauss: Yep!
Struass: Good single Alastair, stay there lad.
Point fielder: Oh ████, guess I should go and get the ball, then.

We have to look at the demo as a 3 over test demo , lets play it on hard and over 5 days when it matters as the pitch changes , or how many runs are generated by the AI , for us to chase .
Lets wait and see what 50 over odi and 20 overs are like on hard to what the AI sets or chases :p

You see, thats the logic that everybody should use instead of over-reacting like alot of people are.

I think they were the triggers.
Yeah, they were...I tried another front-foot shot down to fine leg, and it turned into the tweaked up love child of a paddle sweep and a flick off the pads. The thing is, I have had Andrew Strauss playing full on sweep shots against me down to square leg and beyond, just dunno how. :p

Yeah sorry if I'm slow. How do you sweep and what ever happened to advancing down the wicket?

Err, you're a bit in the past weezy, PS3/360 are patchable and it'd be terrible post-product support if TG/Codies didn't patch for any thing other than PC, when the resources are there to do so.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves, the guys themselves have said this is an old built and that they've changed quite a lot in the last few weeks. This build was 2 weeks before the playtest, which is roughly 6 weeks before they will go master, which if the release date is 7th August, should be about now.
In that case I'm ignoring the responses to the Demo and sticking to what I heard about the playtest...

Yeah sorry if I'm slow. How do you sweep and what ever happened to advancing down the wicket?

You can advance if you hold lb and lt at the same time, and also I think the paddle sweep is possible if you front foot a shot down to fine leg? I dunno, i'm going off what other people say. But you can deffo advance.

Users who are viewing this thread