Review Demo impressions thread

I agree with everything in this post. Swing/spin is confusing the ████ out of me, but once I figure it out I presume it will be simple.
For swing, say you want an inswinger, press X on the controller to start it, then press X where you want to put it again. Left and right triggers make the marker rotate; there's an opening on both sides of the circle. I figure it will start at the first one and finish at the second one.

Also, how do you sweep the ball, couldn't figure it out?

Looking at the posts i can't wait like so many others to get my hands on the game,finally a good cricket game!!!

I have not played the demo but I have read last fifteen pages. I think the computer is too aggressive because its a 3 over match. AI may be computing it as such and trying to score quickly. There was also a lot of complaint regarding full bowling. May be AI is using death over tactics and bowling those yorker. Were there any slow bowls sent out by AI?

Ok now getting the hang of bowling too got 4 wickets in 3 overs. Managed to take 2 catches too and they were hit very hard one to point the other one to covers. But also dropped some. Overall my rating for this game would be 8/10. The first 4 games I found very easy even though i was playing on hard mode. But the last game I played with Australia batting first i lost 6 wickets and got 29 runs in 3 overs. In that game the AI needed one run of last 2 balls and left the balls alone that was shocking for me.:eek:

Also has anyone noticed the stats change if u bat first or second similarly with bowling.

Thats cause its probably not programmed to know that its the last two balls of the game in the demo if its a test.

I have not played the demo but I have read last fifteen pages. I think the computer is too aggressive because its a 3 over match. AI may be computing it as such and trying to score quickly. There was also a lot of complaint regarding full bowling. May be AI is using death over tactics and bowling those yorker. Were there any slow bowls sent out by AI?

Yeh I've noticed this. The first over the AI play pretty normal, they make some shots but also defend one or two, but the final over and a bit they really try and smack everything.

Has anyone had a LBW decision yet? Havn't seen one since most deliveries which could be potential LBWs that are mistimed just become inside edges. Oh and has anyone actually bowled someone out???

Check out this video, its HQ and there is a massive glitch. The ball hits Strauss goes on to the stumps and knocks the bails off. The Aussies appeal (for some reason) and its given not out.

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Gameplay [Xbox 360]

it happens towards the end

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys as posted earlier this game also looks like a slog fest game.. I restricted England to 21 and chased it one over without losing any wicket on Hard..
On Easy the highest I got was 74 for 1 with Katoch making 45..

The trick to hit hard with lofting is making the use of feet.. Just charge every ball with LT+LB and B.. Pretty disappointed but I guess am starving for a cricket game.. Hopefully it's a very old build..

By the way.. AI gets runout stupidily every now and then

Major bug: Sometimes forcing to play a frontfoot shot on a fulltoss makes the player go for a pull and thus getting LBW out.. Major bug!

how about the shadow?
is it lengthen and shorten as the time changes..like shorter during afternoon time & tall during evening? BLIC 99 has that features & it was impressive & realistic...

Guys as posted earlier this game also looks like a slog fest game.. I restricted England to 21 and chased it one over without losing any wicket on Hard..

The trick to hit hard with lofting is making the use of feet.. Just charge every ball with LT+LB and B.. Pretty disappointed but I guess am starving for a cricket game.. Hopefully it's a very old build..

Major bug: Sometimes forcing to play a frontfoot shot on a fulltoss makes the player go for a pull and thus getting LBW out.. Major bug!

Perhaps you charging and slogging at every ball is why it feels like a slogfest.

:sarcasm

Wait, wat. You scored well on EASY, then say it's a slogfest and England made 21.Isn't that a good thing as it is test cricket?

Watched a footage on youtube, I was very unhappy with the official trailer and was not confidant about the game; but I must say know, going with what I saw. It looks very promising. Still I will wait for people to guy the full game and give me a review on AI gameplay before I get my copy. But so far so good

Check out this video, its HQ and there is a massive glitch. The ball hits Strauss goes on to the stumps and knocks the bails off. The Aussies appeal (for some reason) and its given not out.

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Gameplay [Xbox 360]

it happens towards the end

OMG that's a major major bug.. For so long I was trying for the inside edge onto the stumps.. That's realy bad.. Need to be fixed..

FaWaD added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Wait, wat. You scored well on EASY, then say it's a slogfest and England made 21.Isn't that a good thing as it is test cricket?

21 was fine but I could easily make it in the first over without any pressure.. Just charged every ball.. Something needs to be done about the charging.. If I don't charge then the game gets more interesting.. I guess in multiplayer that'll be a killer strategy.

OMG that's a major major bug.. For so long I was trying for the inside edge onto the stumps.. That's realy bad.. Need to be fixed..

FaWaD added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

That is unacceptable. I also hope that Anderson and Broads bowling speeds are fixed. They are pie chuckers right now at 70mph

I think it must be too late to fix anything.. we would have to wait till we get the first patch ..(hopefully)

I think it must be too late to fix anything.. we would have to wait till we get the first patch ..(hopefully)

Yea well that does not help us console users. All the codies fanboys will say that it will be fixed in the final build so go ahead and pre order

Users who are viewing this thread