Review Demo impressions thread

I'm still fed up about this Xbox360 exclusive demo thing. One day maybe but a whole week?

I'm with you on that. I would like to try it on my PC just to see if I can run it. Still, it gave me a reason to get Xbox Live gold again. :D

I'm not so sure the AI in the demo does know its batting in a 3 over game or is aware of the target. I've played two games in a row where I've scored 30+ (not being silly, all along the ground to crap deliveries). The first game I restricted them to 5 off 2 overs, then bowled a pile of garbage in the final over and was duly smashed. The AI finished on 20/0. Second game the AI was 3/0 off 2 and was still leaving and defending balls in the last over, eventually finishing on 4/0 off 3. That's not criticism, just an observation to those saying they are aware of the target and that its a 3 over game.

To add to last nights observations, it would seem that it is definitely the length of the bowling that makes it easy or hard to bat, not the batting being easy. If the number of half volleys and short balls are turned into mostly good length balls with the odd short one and the odd yorker, then it's definitely going to be hard work getting runs. It was confusing me because it's not easy to reach the boundary and its even harder to hit sixes, yet I was scoring runs with relative ease.

Now, the bowling. Whilst I've managed to tighten things up (also worked with the field editor a bit) I still only have a handful of wickets with the seamers. I've found the edge a couple of times but they were thick edges that went straight to ground pretty much. Couldn't be more different from the difficulty in the BLIC games!

These inside edges, bottom edges and top edges get me all excited I tell you....

Genuine promise in this one methinks.

Just had an awesome thing happen. I straight drived with Strauss and it hit Cook on the arm, and they showed him rubbing it in pain.

Nope, and it really does p*ss me off. It's not very fair, a game coming out on 3 systems (excluding the Wii) and a demo only comes out on 2. Biased little $?%^*

I'm not so sure the AI in the demo does know its batting in a 3 over game or is aware of the target. I've played two games in a row where I've scored 30+ (not being silly, all along the ground to crap deliveries). The first game I restricted them to 5 off 2 overs, then bowled a pile of garbage in the final over and was duly smashed. The AI finished on 20/0. Second game the AI was 3/0 off 2 and was still leaving and defending balls in the last over, eventually finishing on 4/0 off 3. That's not criticism, just an observation to those saying they are aware of the target and that its a 3 over game.
One thing; what difficulty were you playing on? If it were easy or normal, then I could understand, but the AI score consistently off of me on hard, even when bowling all in the yellow areas.

Of course another thing to consider is that the 360 demo is an earlier build, and thus less refined!

One thing; what difficulty were you playing on? If it were easy or normal, then I could understand, but the AI score consistently off of me on hard, even when bowling all in the yellow areas.

Always play on hard. Australia just scored 27 off me batting first this time rather than chasing, whether that has anything to do with it, who knows!

Is it hard to make a demo? If its not then why didn't they gave final build demo ? Iam just wondering.

I do agree that rating are all wrong!

How can Mitchell Johnson be as good as Matt Prior with the bat? I mean, Prior isn't any Adam Gilchrist/Sangakkara mold, but he's a damn sight better than Johnson, probably a better bowler as well!

How Monty Panesar is only 63? I'll never know, I know he's in a dip of form, but he was once the best SLA in the world, and he still has the ability to reach that hight again.

Hopefully this can all be changed.

Simbazz added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Is it hard to make a demo? If its not then why didn't they gave final build demo ?

Because for it to get through Xbox's system it takes atleast a week, probably more.

had enough reading these reviews.Im really impressed and at the same time disappointed about the PC demo!!! Come on codies release it! Cant wait more!

How Monty Panesar is only 63? I'll never know, I know he's in a dip of form, but he was once the best SLA in the world, and he still has the ability to reach that hight again.

Vettori to deny.

How is Monty better than Broad and Anderson with the bat? Now fair enough, Swann being in the 50's for batting (because he opens in OD games for Notts) but how is Monty in the forties.

Vettori to deny.

Vettori is probably the best now, but Monty just had the wood on everyone at one point. Plus Vettori goes through moments where he is unplayable, his ability to keep it tight is fantastic, but he also has moments where he looks like he is out at sea, kinda how Monty is now.

Users who are viewing this thread