Review Demo impressions thread

dont get so worked up steve....he was just commenting on the crappy camera movements and not the gameplay.....i know we all are excited and optimistic about this game but i'd have to agree with fanirama....the cameras did seem pretty fast and irritating in the videos i've seen...

overall....looking good so far.....cant wait for the PC demo.....
am hating codemasters every second for shitting on PC / PS3 users...

I'm not worked up - if it came across as such, I apologise, but I just hate to see a game, such as this one looks, and EA's pathetic efforts mentioned in the same breath.

I am sure that there will be camera options in the full game and if not, someone will sort it, either the dev. or a modder. As for Codies? I don't hate them, they might make us wait, but at least they're giving everyone the same game (hello at the back there, EA! Don't pretend you can't hear me...)

I'm gona have a go at seeing what charging down the wicket is like methinks.

Have anyone played these shots or seen AI playing it?

Leg glance of the back foot to fineleg region. ( I like this shot in EA C07)

Slog Sweep to the spinner.

I'm gona have a go at seeing what charging down the wicket is like methinks.

I just tried. Timed perfectly will give you a 6 a lot of the time. Before this I only lofted and attacked, only got 1 six. Made 5 sixes by charging down the wicket.

What button is charge?

LT + LB to charge down the wicket. Then you press the attack or loft button to hit the ball

Both left bumper and left tripper charges down the wicket.

OK more on the game demo. Has anyone completed or seen a sweep yet. I use to love these and cant perform one here. Hmmmm not happy.

Also on the bowling the markers and colours just dont seem right I have been playing with them and thought I was onto something the colour corresponding to the pace of the ball.
ie dark green bowl with dark green power etc. However this does not work. And as the colour really doesnt help on bowling a good ball im not sure if anyone else is having more success.

Ie I can bowl yellow and have a ball left, and then bowl dark green, or light green and achieve the same result, or vise versa for being out away or being hit for runs it doesnt really work out.

Now as for the shots, some shot selection by the AI is rubbish, using the bouncer the AI hits a tennis shot swatting it like a serve, what the yell why not duck and bring on the wide call or watch it sail over the wicket keepers head? hmmm more on that later as I play around some more.

There is more I like about the game now that originally and think it could grow on me as the full version comes out. Would like to see how wear and tear on the ball works out and would like to see if swing and spin can really be produced from a varying ball quality.

Yet few too many bugs are popping up and I would hate the think these are going to come accross in the final game.

Such as playing on the wicket and being given not out, runout that are obviously in and being given out or visa versa. Also some AI issue with either not chasing runs or just stupid running that is so obvious you wont make it when there is not need.And of couse as I have said shot selection, yes you can choose where to hit the ball but some of the animation of the shots or shots selected by the AI is not so flash.

Both left bumper and left tripper charges down the wicket.

OK more on the game demo. Has anyone completed or seen a sweep yet. I use to love these and cant perform one here. Hmmmm not happy.

I saw the AI sweep a couple of times when I bowled with a spinner. Also AI did a really good slog sweep six against a spinner.
I am yet to face a spinner since all AI does in 3 overs is bowl pace against me. That shot will probably come into play against spinners but its definitely there

Looking at the work put by Transmission guys and trying to put all the things which we want so we can expect a official patch from them which can fix all these things. They are trying to do all the things which they can to make this game good.

Looking at the work put by Transmission guys and trying to put all the things which we want so we can expect a official patch from them which can fix all these things. They are trying to do all the things which they can to make this game good.

the last official patch for a cricket game was EA cricket 2002 !! :p

Part 2 should be up now, if its been processed by youtube

I just watched part one, and please correct me if Im wrong, but if you pitch the ball when its yellow doesnt that mean its harder for the batsman to hit? Because in the video, every ball landing in the yellow circle get smashed for four and the balls that are left or defended are landing in a green circle.

I hope they fix these obvious issue, and good to see someone has seen the sweep. Its looking up the more I play it, but still the 6 over isnt much to work with as I would still like to see how the stats go if there are any, how the wear and tear and match condtion play into the game and how the AI goes at chasing down targets.

But there is more light at the end of the tunnel tha I previously had thought

Just played a game on hard and decided to go nuts, and got 8/29 :( haha.

Can you play mutliplayer in this demo?

Users who are viewing this thread