Review Demo impressions thread

A couple of wee things for you from Codies:
The AI does know it's only playing a 3 over match but it hasn't been "optimised" for 3 overs. The way I read that is that strange things will probably happen as 3 overs is an unrealistic situation but the AI will be more aggressive than it would normally.

BLIC07 was a in-house achievement, and quite frankly it was poor. Transmission have made a game which will be at the top of a pile. If they've used motion capture, then why are they pretty poor? I agree that they could be better, BUT does it really matter? Does the bowlers run-up affect the game? No.

why are they pretty poor ?? well...you have to ask heath or rob that question..

and they dont affect the game but the come in the way of the overall feel !
if they arent important why need it in the first place...just make the player float up to the crease the release the ball ??

i know thats an extreme example but if they had so much time to give details on building behind a stadium and crowd....lady standing up and clapping etc..i think they could've easily done a better job...

and am cribbing because i know they have the potential.....if it was EA..i wouldnt be even going through the thread...

A couple of wee things for you from Codies:
The AI does know it's only playing a 3 over match but it hasn't been "optimised" for 3 overs. The way I read that is that strange things will probably happen as 3 overs is an unrealistic situation but the AI will be more aggressive than it would normally.
That should put an end to all non sense speculation regarding AI. Thanks for the info pal.

I think he's saying that now the demo is released, that Transmission/Codies should be reading the feedback, which they are, so really, he's saying nothing in a bad way.

I'll put myself back on topic slightly, I'm still crap at this game, Aus keep beating me!

Simbazz added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Erm...You're playing England verse Sri Lanka (Obviously in a unlicensed series) and he says Lords, Codies get sued as Lords is only licensed in the Ashes series.

People, please use your brains.

So record it twice? It sounds daft as its called Lords in the opening sequence.

oh and btw, you need to learn how to speak to someone with half decent manners....maybe use YOUR brain?

So record it twice? It sounds daft as its called Lords in the opening sequence.

oh and btw, you need to learn how to speak to someone with half decent manners....maybe use YOUR brain?

I have a brain, thats why I came to the conclusion.

Why waste money on recording things twice when it isn't a massive issue calling Lords, North London.

I have a brain, thats why I came to the conclusion.

Why waste money on recording things twice when it isn't a massive issue calling Lords, North London.

a brain but no manners? guess your just ignorant then.

Now go away and practice how long it takes you to say a sentance with the words 'North London' in it. then repeat with Lords. Maybe 1 minute for both?

Then add on another 2 sentences per ground. Thats 6.

Multiply that by the amount of ashes licensed grounds, (5) x 6 = 30

So thats a massive 15 minutes, or 7 1/2 minutes EXTRA just to get something sounding authentic. Not a lot is it, Mr Brain?

a brain but no manners? guess your just ignorant then.

Now go away and practice how long it takes you to say a sentance with the words 'North London' in it. then repeat with Lords. Maybe 1 minute for both?

Then add on another 2 sentences per ground. Thats 6.

Multiply that by the amount of ashes licensed grounds, (5) x 6 = 30

So thats a massive 15 minutes, or 7 1/2 minutes EXTRA just to get something sounding authentic. Not a lot is it, Mr Brain?

I hope that nickname sticks! It'd be cool.

And yes, not a lot of time, but I bet Shane Warne was a tad expensive, and also, I bet it'd been a lot longer than that "7 1/2 minutes EXTRA," to code it into the game.

Can we give you a nickname now?

And yes, not a lot of time, but I bet Shane Warne was a tad expensive, and also, I bet it'd been a lot longer than that "7 1/2 minutes EXTRA," to code it into the game.

I feel like calling him Mr. Fail with his above post.

if (venueName==Lords && licencedGame==true)
{
//use Lords audio
}
if (venueName==Lords && licencedGame==false)
{
//use North London audio
}

copy and paste - there ya go, shimples

{
//use Lords audio
}
{
//use North London audio
}

You've not given any suggestions to your nickname! I have one, you have to have one too!!

Thats a nice bit of coding, but I suspect they know I damn sight more than you, and it still doesn't change the fact that Shane Warne is probably expensive per hour.

So, nickname? We've had one suggestion, Mr. Fail?

{
//use Lords audio
}
{
//use North London audio
}

I honestly don't think it would be as easy as that.

Sean, don't say that! He knows more about coding a game than Transmission!! Thats why he has a string of top sellers. Oh wait...

You've not given any suggestions to your nickname! I have one, you have to have one too!!

Thats a nice bit of coding, but I suspect they know I damn sight more than you, and it still doesn't change the fact that Shane Warne is probably expensive per hour.

So, nickname? We've had one suggestion, Mr. Fail?

By using the word 'Fail', you've now admitted to be a 12 year old keyboard warrior, with not much else to do on school holidays.

What next , Mr N00b? (with 2 zero's in, cos ur REALLY cool!)

Again, go away and calculate how many lines Shane Warne actually says, and how much difference it would actually make to add a few more.

rlfan82 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

no course not, but it simple coding terms, it could do.

it would depend on what language the engine is written in (C++?) and how the audio is initiated.

Users who are viewing this thread