Review Demo impressions thread

Hmmm 68/3 in a test match is not that great. how many wickets down were the AI after hitting 41?

68/3 after 3 overs, and they were i think 2 wickets down (both run outs).
I just played again and managed 31/3. AI made 33/2 in 2.1 overs.
AI sometimes bowls bouncers or yorkers. If your seeming to struggle against one of the delivery type they continually keep bowling it at you.

i wish all the ground size are different to each other.
Not like default size to all the grounds.

looking from the DEMO Lords look like MCG in size.

This is a small issue but it should be done, as its should not be a hard work(i guess)
This can add more fun & realism to game.

i wish all the ground size are different to each other.
Not like default size to all the grounds.

looking from the DEMO Lords look like MCG in size.

This is a small issue but it should be done, as its should not be a hard work(i guess)
This can add more fun & realism to game.

Yeps, it would be good, but the thing to remember is this is a fantastic foundation on which to build a cricket game. They can introduce such cosmetic touches in future games.

Although the game still appears in need of some tweaks (going by the potentially old build demo videos), Transmissions should immediately be given the contract for the next game as they are clearly on the right track. I can't say for sure until I play the PC version demo, but unlike BLIC 07, this game really feels like cricket. As long as it hasn't got any real gamebreakers (the full game, that is), we should all support this game so the devs. think that making future versions is worthwhile.

MasterBlaster76 added 15 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Will PC get exactly the same demo, or will it be a newer (or older :eek: ) build?

3rd Empire

Why are the third empire decisions given by field empire ?? Why doesn't it show red or green light instead of an empire raising his finger. If this is same in the retail version than this is a VERY big oversight by the developers. :mad:

After playing the demo for many hours, I still think that even though developers are on the right track, they will not able to achieve the greatness of Brain Lara 99, which even with all the short comings was a very enjoyable games.

Why the hell can we not get good commentary ???? Almost 98% of the comments that we hear in the demo are from previous games. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED :mad::mad::mad:

Why are the third empire decisions given by field empire ?? Why doesn't it show red or green light instead of an empire raising his finger. If this is same in the retail version than this is a VERY big oversight by the developers. :mad:

After playing the demo for many hours, I still think that even though developers are on the right track, they will not able to achieve the greatness of Brain Lara 99, which even with all the short comings was a very enjoyable games.

Why the hell can we not get good commentary ???? Almost 98% of the comments that we hear in the demo are from previous games. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED :mad::mad::mad:

3rd umpire has been cut out for demo purposes, sure of it from some of the commentary, seems like the screen bit is missing.

Commentary has been sacrficed for gameplay, and to stay on budget. I'm pleased with this, as commentary gets boring quickly on most games

3rd umpire has been cut out for demo purposes, sure of it from some of the commentary, seems like the screen bit is missing.

Commentary has been sacrficed for gameplay, and to stay on budget. I'm pleased with this, as commentary gets boring quickly on most games

Also if you look at size of the demo it's only 563mb which is probably 20-25% of the full game. Surely there are many animations/cut-scenes/ai logic/gameplay aspects that have been cut out to trim down the size of the demo. This has been mentioned before.

While I am on this I would like to say a big THANKS to all members who have provided their personal insights/reviews on the recent Xbox 360 demo. I am also in the process of writing one up. I have murdered the demo and have literally played hundreds of games and loving it, and although I know it's not perfect, but is the best cricket game I have played.

Last edited:
Demo is going to release on 30th. Can't wait for it:D

R u sure mate ? ;)
I mean no-one knows as they never confirmed..it might comeout anytime for me , unless they officially say it will be released on 30th too as the Silver Members will get hold of it tht day.

Last edited:

Once again...as many have mentioned this obviously isnt the COMPLETE commentary collection as it is a demo. And secondly...why is commentary such a big deal? Ive never heard good commentary in games, even BIG games like Fifa has commentary that gets repetitive and lets face it - whether theres 100 lines of commentary or 100 000 lines, after a month or so you would have heard anything anyway. I just switch commentary off, personally, and listen to the ball hitting the bat! Never get tired of that sound :P

Guys how do you get the 48hour trial for the gold member thingy?

dajesmac added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

hang on, do you default to a silver member or not?

Users who are viewing this thread