Review Demo impressions thread

As far seeing the videos from youtube, I am really happy, they are on the right track because they began to program everything. The movement of players reveals this.
This demo may be a just handy-trailer of Ashes 2009. So there might be errors. These feedbacks might change the real game.

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Gameplay [Xbox 360]

Watch this one and tell me why it is not out? Actually I don't know what happened there.

If its the same for PC then there goes 6 download hrs for it :(

Sorry,I don't quite know what you mean. Downloading a 563mb demo takes you 6 hours? You must have one s**t connection. Mine downloads in 3 mins on 50MB broadband.

As far seeing the videos from youtube, I am really happy, they are on the right track because they began to program everything. The movement of players reveals this.
This demo may be a just handy-trailer of Ashes 2009. So there might be errors. These feedbacks might change the real game.

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Gameplay [Xbox 360]

Watch this one and tell me why it is not out? Actually I don't know what happened there.

Yeah someone's posted it already, it's a glitch.

Sorry,I don't quite know what you mean. Downloading a 563mb demo takes you 6 hours? You must have one s**t connection. Mine downloads in 3 mins on 50MB broadband.

50MBPS!! thats Just 25 times faster than my connection.:D

For me it takes about an hour to download 563 MB.

You b@stard!! lol (no offence)

Over here in SA i wouldnt even dream of such a connection. I download at a mere 50kb/s....and thats broadband! Terrible

Over here in SA i wouldnt even dream of such a connection. I download at a mere 50kb/s....and thats broadband! Terrible

Seriously? And here I was thinking that we have one of the slowest network speeds around. Only recently just upgraded from 20mb a few weeks ago. Gonna download the demo for my other 2 Xbox 360's + 2 PS3's + PC when it hits on Thursday. Thats when the connection will come good. Well worth it!

Just another thought. In the early video's (one with the interviews of Ricky Ponting) that appeared in May, in the background the game seemed to be played on PS3's (obviusly from PS3 controllers). Does this mean that this game was primarily built FIRST on the PS3 then ported to 360 for console versions?
Secondly, I hope that the PS3 Demo (and PC demo perhaps) are newer build to the 360 demo. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Seriously? And here I was thinking that we have one of the slowest network speeds around. Only recently just upgraded from 20mb a few weeks ago. Gonna download the demo for my 2 Xbox 360's + 2 PS3's + PC when it hits on Thursday. Thats when the connection will come good. Well worth it!

Meh :( I miss living in the UK

Why are the third empire decisions given by field empire ?? Why doesn't it show red or green light instead of an empire raising his finger. If this is same in the retail version than this is a VERY big oversight by the developers. :mad:

After playing the demo for many hours, I still think that even though developers are on the right track, they will not able to achieve the greatness of Brain Lara 99, which even with all the short comings was a very enjoyable games.

Why the hell can we not get good commentary ???? Almost 98% of the comments that we hear in the demo are from previous games. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED :mad::mad::mad:

I'm sure that's not going to be the case in the full game. The guys who playtested the game said that 3rd umpire ;) decisions are now much more exciting.

Once again...as many have mentioned this obviously isnt the COMPLETE commentary collection as it is a demo. And secondly...why is commentary such a big deal? Ive never heard good commentary in games, even BIG games like Fifa has commentary that gets repetitive and lets face it - whether theres 100 lines of commentary or 100 000 lines, after a month or so you would have heard anything anyway. I just switch commentary off, personally, and listen to the ball hitting the bat! Never get tired of that sound :P

Except it's not that good, not in the demo at least...

If its the same for PC then there goes 6 download hrs for it :(

6 hours for 500mb? Are you sure? I downloaded Battlefront 2 from Steam a few weeks back, that only took about one and a half hours, two at the most and that's 1gb +, maybe even 2gb or more - I can't remember.

well look at the attachment,it is Damn bad glitch/bug,
both of the bats man in same end :eek:,

6 hours for 500mb? Are you sure? I downloaded Battlefront 2 from Steam a few weeks back, that only took about one and a half hours, two at the most and that's 1gb +, maybe even 2gb or more - I can't remember.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
People are aware that the thing they call a "bug/glitch," where both batsmen end up at the same end, could possibly be good coding. I've only had it twice, and on both occasions, the batsmen who's end it was not being thrown too stayed, which I thought was pretty cool as he's made a decision that he'd rather not get run out.

And thats in Cape Town.. In PE 50kb/s is about the fastest you can get..

Do you reckon they will release it on the 7th here?

Users who are viewing this thread