Review Demo impressions thread

GET IN - Just C&B Ponting, happy days! I love this game

rlfan82 added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

One more thing I noticed - the replays are a bit useless, any reason why we cant have a replay where we can zoom in and stop n start it, and save them?

be nice if we could

Guys I noticed something when I was bowling with KP and conceded 20 odd runs from one over when he came out to bat he had very very low confidence. The confidence bar read "Timid(in red)". While all the other batsman were confident. I could only relate this to KP being pathetic with the ball and hence the confidence carried over while batting.

If that is what it looks like this is great as in the real life players if they have a off day in the field it does affect their batting and fielding.
Great addition!

Good observation mate - that's a nice little feature

Is there any way someone could plz post a vid showing the graphs etc? Saw on one vid the menu displaying an option for "scorecard & graphs". Would be awesome, havent seen any such footage yet...

thanks!

You can't actually look at these in the demo unfortunately.

The scoreboard and bowling cards appear in game (on the actual vidiscreen in the case of the scoreboard), so I'm hopeful of other stats appearing in game as well instead of being in a menu somewhere. Still, the most important ones pop up regularly (scoreboard/ bowling card) and there are Hawkeye graphs after every over, so I expect spidergraphs and so on to appear when a batsman reaches a milestone. Anyone managed to get a fifty yet? Surely not, with only three overs!! Unless you're using the charge the bowler/select loft shot 'cheat' as soon as the ball leaves his hand.

The scoreboard and bowling cards appear in game (on the actual vidiscreen in the case of the scoreboard), so I'm hopeful of other stats appearing in game as well instead of being in a menu somewhere. Still, the most important ones pop up regularly (scoreboard/ bowling card) and there are Hawkeye graphs after every over, so I expect spidergraphs and so on to appear when a batsman reaches a milestone.

Yeah to be honest the stats are a bit of a make or break for me as well...Im a total stats dork and by now I think we should expect no less than spider graphs/partnership graphs/manhattans/worm graphs etc...thats minimum I reckon. Over and above that we need proper "tour" stats as well - being able to track player stats throughout a series, not only game based. I know from the vids ive seen their stats update constantly, even though its HUGELY flawed atm.

One thing I DO like very much is the bowler rating stat that pops up now and again...from what i could tell it shows his accuracy. Thats very cool and unexpected when I saw it the first time, love those little bits the add. Makes it so much more real and gets one totally immersed in the game!

What would be KILLER (and probably too much to ask) is that, for instance, Strauss comes out to bat in the 3rd test and as he takes guard a stat pops up showing his average etc for the series so far, and that would contribute to his confidence coming in. Better yet, if Johnson or whoever dismissed him like 4 times in the past 5 inns that would also pop up and influence both their confidence!

I could carry on for days talking about cricket-dork stuff like this so i better stop haha. Amped about the game so far though! Roll on 30th!!

Yeah to be honest the stats are a bit of a or break for me as well...Im a total stats dork and by now I think we should expect no less than spider graphs/partnership graphs/manhattans/worm graphs etc...thats minimum I reckon. Over and above that we need proper "tour" stats as well - being able to track player stats throughout a series, not only game based. I know from the vids ive seen their stats update constantly, even though its HUGELY flawed atm.

One thing I DO like very much is the bowler rating stat that pops up now and again...from what i could tell it shows his accuracy. Thats very cool and unexpected when I saw it the first time, love those little bits the add. Makes it so much more real and gets one totally immersed in the game!

What would be KILLER (and probably too much to ask) is that, for instance, Strauss comes out to bat in the 3rd test and as he takes guard a stat pops up showing his average etc for the series so far, and that would contribute to his confidence coming in. Better yet, if Johnson or whoever dismissed him like 4 times in the past 5 inns that would also pop up and influence both their confidence!

I could carry on for days talking about cricket-dork stuff like this so i better stop haha. Amped about the game so far though! Roll on 30th!!

I love the way the scoreboard is actually displayed on the..umm...scoreboard.. :D

EA, you should take note. This company knows how to do attention to detail and give it to all formats!

I love the way the scoreboard is actually displayed on the..umm...scoreboard.. :D

EA, you should take note. This company knows how to do attention to detail and give it to all formats!

Yeah I must say the scoreboard looks absolutely ridiculously realistic and awesome...pity EA wont ever learn from their mistakes. I swear they still just bank on releasing games by the reputation they built up from other sports releases and hope the uninformed and naive cricket fans keep buying their rehashed games haha

Has anyone noticed that when a batsmen is run out the team still scores the runs that they ran? Is that correct? For example, Ponting hits it to cover and tries to run 3. He gets run out attempting the 3rd run. He is given out but the scorecard gave them 2 runs for the 2 runs completed. I thought that if you were run out you didn't get any of the runs you ran.
Am I wrong with my cricket knowledge or is that a fault that hopefully will be fixed before release.
Still a good game though.

Yeah I must say the scoreboard looks absolutely ridiculously realistic and awesome...pity EA wont ever learn from their mistakes. I swear they still just bank on releasing games by the reputation they built up from other sports releases and hope the uninformed and naive cricket fans keep buying their rehashed games haha

Obviously, I haven't played the demo yet, but I think you can tell a lot from those videos and other people's comments, so I feel confident enough to say this:

'Here lies EA Cricket. It never thought Codies would catch up. It was wrong. RIP'.

I think EA cricket is dead...

When will they release another cricket game?

Lets hope its not for another 2 or 3 years and they take a leaf out of Ashes 09...

Has anyone noticed that when a batsmen is run out the team still scores the runs that they ran? Is that correct? For example, Ponting hits it to cover and tries to run 3. He gets run out attempting the 3rd run. He is given out but the scorecard gave them 2 runs for the 2 runs completed. I thought that if you were run out you didn't get any of the runs you ran.
Am I wrong with my cricket knowledge or is that a fault that hopefully will be fixed before release.
Still a good game though.

Either way, Transmissions come across as a company who will continue to support this game after release; I am sure they know they are onto an excellent thing with this game.

Users who are viewing this thread