Review Demo impressions thread

well i look at the attachment,i is Damn bad glitch/bug,
both of the bats man in same end :eek:,

:s,in India the connection speed is 2MBPS or less,so download speed is 256KBPS or less :(
Btw just look at attachment

Best d/l it overnight then. And that glitch has got to go, if it's something that happens a lot.

Except it's not that good, not in the demo at least...
/QUOTE]

Yeah well I havent played the demo yet hehe But true, from what I heard it sucked loads but I guess personally I dont really give a rats about commentary. Didnt know people really care too much about it...

Nope, I don't care about commentary, but I would like the sound improved.

I feel sorry for your guys with that speed connection, I thought mine was bad but Wow I know what it must feel like.

Hope the demo comes out this Thursday:)

I hope there are rain/bad light delays: they're an integral part of cricket.

Agreed surely adding rain delays\weather effects is basic stuff these days? Even BLIC 99 had rain delays.

Agnew did mention in his commentary in one of my games that "it looks very stormy and he didn't think it would be likely that we'd get a full days play"

hope thats a sign.

Sorry,I don't quite know what you mean. Downloading a 563mb demo takes you 6 hours? You must have one s**t connection. Mine downloads in 3 mins on 50MB broadband.

Sadly over here,we do not get the benefit of enjoying so high speed broadband connections. I would probably take 8 hours to download the demo on my 20 kbps download speed. But I guess it is worth it after all. ;)

And thats in Cape Town.. In PE 50kb/s is about the fastest you can get..

Do you reckon they will release it on the 7th here?

Nah doubt it...Went to BT games the other day and they said 14August. They might be wrong, might have to check some other local stores or take2, Look&Listen.

Yeah the download speeds these dudes are talking about are cutting me deep man...

Ok, I played the demo at my mates for around two hours yesterday and was overall very impressed, but for one thing, which I hope will not ruin the game altogether.:crying

I have watched cricket on tv for twenty odd years and know what a good length is ( hitting top of offstump). So I bowled an over and pitched every ball to try to hit top of off, but at the end of the over, hawkeye showed every delivery going at least a foot over the stumps.
In future overs the only way I could garuantee the ball would hit the stumps was to pitch the ball where I would consider the batsman having an easy half volley.

This means one of two things, either codies have got the bounce disgustingly wrong again ( as in BLIC 07), or I don't know a thing about a good length.

Feedback on this would be appreciated guys.

Ok, I played the demo at my mates for around two hours yesterday and was overall very impressed, but for one thing, which I hope will not ruin the game altogether.:crying

I have watched cricket on tv for twenty odd years and know what a good length is ( hitting top of offstump). So I bowled an over and pitched every ball to try to hit top of off, but at the end of the over, hawkeye showed every delivery going at least a foot over the stumps.
In future overs the only way I could garuantee the ball would hit the stumps was to pitch the ball where I would consider the batsman having an easy half volley.

This means one of two things, either codies have got the bounce disgustingly wrong again ( as in BLIC 07), or I don't know a thing about a good length.

No, the bounce once again is wrong.

I think its something to do with making it easy for the batting animations to hit the ball.

Guys I noticed something when I was bowling with KP and conceded 20 odd runs from one over when he came out to bat he had very very low confidence. The confidence bar read "Timid(in red)". While all the other batsman were confident. I could only relate this to KP being pathetic with the ball and hence the confidence carried over while batting.

If that is what it looks like this is great as in the real life players if they have a off day in the field it does affect their batting and fielding.
Great addition!

I havent played the game yet but I know what you mean, its possibly my biggest gripe with what is turning out to be a possibly very good game. It annoyed me to death on BLIC07 when I kept bowling half volleys when I knew for a fact the length was perfect. Had to totally rewire my brain about where to bowl but now, as you said, the half volleys makes the margin for error super small.

And something that is even worse is that Lord's isnt the most bouncy wicket in the world - imagine how full you would have to bowl if you played the game on a really hard track. Would prob be impossible in this game, unless the batsman has a hole in bat and misses a full one.

Didnt answer your question, but just know Im with you on that - very worried about that aspect.

Its just ridiculous that they seem to have ruined a great game, by ignoring or getting wrong one of the most fundemental parts of cricket, What a good length is.

I don't think I'm going to be able to enjoy the game because i'll have to bowl what I would consider half volleys in order to get wickets, it just won't feel right, can't tell you how annoyed I am.

Sorry codies, everything else you have done seems great, I just can't overlook this, and don't think i'll be able to learn to live with it.

Its just ridiculous that they seem to have ruined a great game, by ignoring or getting wrong one of the most fundemental parts of cricket, What a good length is.

I don't think I'm going to be able to enjoy the game because i'll have to bowl what I would consider half volleys in order to get wickets, it just won't feel right, can't tell you how annoyed I am.

Sorry codies, everything else you have done seems great, I just can't overlook this, and don't think i'll be able to learn to live with it.

I think I mentioned a week or 2 ago in another thread how annoyed I was with this. I mean it seriously cannot be so hard to get right...All they had to was to look at footage and analyse it, if they didnt already know, and SEE where the ball pitches when it hits top of off. Im completely clueless about game programming etc, so do any of you guys think this is fixable in a patch?

I think I mentioned a week or 2 ago in another thread how annoyed I was with this. I mean it seriously cannot be so hard to get right...All they had to was to look at footage and analyse it, if they didnt already know, and SEE where the ball pitches when it hits top of off. Im completely clueless about game programming etc, so do any of you guys think this is fixable in a patch?

I'm sure it would be.

On a side note has anyone noticed how life like Swann looks? Barring the hair of course, but his face looks really good.

i was very impressed with the game especially with the choice of front foot and back foot shots, i loved the way you could get edged with a mis-timed shot.

if i had to say one improvement then it would be the annoying run outs that keeps happening to me :(

Completely with you mate, only trouble for me is I've got a ps3 so won't be able to fix the problem with a patch.

I might be mistaken, but I'm sure I remember someone being able to deal with the bounce in BLIC 2007 (Lazy Chestnut, possibly), so maybe the same will be done with this game, or Transmissions might sort it out themselves in a patch, assuming this isn't an old build and they've already sorted it for the full game.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Agreed surely adding rain delays\weather effects is basic stuff these days? Even BLIC 99 had rain delays.

Agnew did mention in his commentary in one of my games that "it looks very stormy and he didn't think it would be likely that we'd get a full days play"

hope thats a sign.

If there was a line in the commentary, then I expect rain/bad light to be involved somehow in the full game.

Users who are viewing this thread