Review Demo impressions thread

I think EA cricket is dead...

When will they release another cricket game?

Lets hope its not for another 2 or 3 years and they take a leaf out of Ashes 09...

Yeah and I PROMISE you that when they do...they will still have those stupid batting models who look like Marcus Trescothic with a bobble-head

A couple of seconds of batsman holding his bat up in the air and then Hawk-Eye comes up showing you where the ball was hit, no stats.

Ah. Slightly disappointing, given the excellent attention to detail in the rest of the demo. Maybe in the full game, eh?

Has anyone noticed that when a batsmen is run out the team still scores the runs that they ran? Is that correct? For example, Ponting hits it to cover and tries to run 3. He gets run out attempting the 3rd run. He is given out but the scorecard gave them 2 runs for the 2 runs completed. I thought that if you were run out you didn't get any of the runs you ran.
Am I wrong with my cricket knowledge or is that a fault that hopefully will be fixed before release.
Still a good game though.

Are you serious man? that's the real rule. If u get out making 3rd run then your completed runs are counted, i.e. 2 runs in the above scenario. Nothing wrong about it.

Ah. Slightly disappointing, given the excellent attention to detail in the rest of the demo. Maybe in the full game, eh?

meh that is quite disappointing....im gonna try not to hold my breath in hoping that most things not in the demo will feature in the full version lol but its difficult. I think we need to sneak some hardcore stat-dorks into transmission studios, someone really persuasive and get them to put all kinds of random stats in the game lol

Has anyone noticed that when a batsmen is run out the team still scores the runs that they ran? Is that correct? For example, Ponting hits it to cover and tries to run 3. He gets run out attempting the 3rd run. He is given out but the scorecard gave them 2 runs for the 2 runs completed. I thought that if you were run out you didn't get any of the runs you ran.
Am I wrong with my cricket knowledge or is that a fault that hopefully will be fixed before release.
Still a good game though.

This is exactly how it works in professional cricket. Not an error.

I've been watching this thread the past few days, and am glad to see that the general reaction to the demo is positive. I was somewhat hesitant before trying the demo, based upon my impressions of ICC 07, which was far too easy and had too many bugs.

The gameplay is vastly improved in AC2009.

Part of the improvement is the omission of past "features." Thankfully, the keeper no longer takes the bails every single time. There is no longer that crazy shouting after the ball is bowled. The catching needle is gone.

The greatest thing about this game however, is the difficulty. I want to play a game of cricket where I need to grind out an innings. AC2009 seems to fit with that notion. It is great to feel as though you truly deserved a four, by hitting the ball with perfect timing. As opposed to everything going to the fence.

The edges are brilliant. In my last match I flayed at a short ball outside off, top edge, straight to the keeper. The inside edges onto the pads and such are a nice touch too.

Whilst I have seen a few complaints here and there, most are more cosmetic than gamebreaking. For example the bowler animation. Another poster summed it up nicely. You should be focusing on the ball/the marker rather than the bowlers running style. It does not affect the gameplay.

The developers have got the most important aspects of cricket right IMO. That is why I will be parting with my hard earned money and enjoying AC2009 for a long time to come.

Are you serious man? that's the real rule. If u get out making 3rd run then your completed runs are counted, i.e. 2 runs in the above scenario. Nothing wrong about it.

Whats remotely rude about his post...he was just asking for some confirmation....

the guy who thought you dont get the 1st 2 runs if your runout going for the 3rd, does not get to comment on cricket anymore.

the guy who thought you dont get the 1st 2 runs if your runout going for the 3rd, does not get to comment on cricket anymore.

Thats a bit harsh, he's probably just a kid who doesn't really play cricket and is interested in the game.

AC09 has been marketed at novices also.

This is exactly how it works in professional cricket. Not an error.

I've been watching this thread the past few days, and am glad to see that the general reaction to the demo is positive. I was somewhat hesitant before trying the demo, based upon my impressions of ICC 07, which was far too easy and had too many bugs.

The gameplay is vastly improved in AC2009.

Part of the improvement is the omission of past "features." Thankfully, the keeper no longer takes the bails every single time. There is no longer that crazy shouting after the ball is bowled. The catching needle is gone.

The greatest thing about this game however, is the difficulty. I want to play a game of cricket where I need to grind out an innings. AC2009 seems to fit with that notion. It is great to feel as though you truly deserved a four, by hitting the ball with perfect timing. As opposed to everything going to the fence.

The edges are brilliant. In my last match I flayed at a short ball outside off, top edge, straight to the keeper. The inside edges onto the pads and such are a nice touch too.

Whilst I have seen a few complaints here and there, most are more cosmetic than gamebreaking. For example the bowler animation. Another poster summed it up nicely. You should be focusing on the ball/the marker rather than the bowlers running style. It does not affect the gameplay.

The developers have got the most important aspects of cricket right IMO. That is why I will be parting with my hard earned money and enjoying AC2009 for a long time to come.
NOOOOOOOOO! You stole my surname!

Thats a bit harsh, he's probably just a kid who doesn't really play cricket and is interested in the game.
Or he does play cricket and was told you don't by his coach because he kept getting ran out and saying 'we get two of the runs anyway'.

Interestingly enough I always meant to try getting runout as I got my 50 on BLIC. I imagined the batsmen would jump for joy, proudly wave his bat aloft and then slink off.

Or he does play cricket and was told you don't by his coach because he kept getting ran out and saying 'we get two of the runs anyway'.

lol.. haha.. true..

Anyways.. I never said he was rude in his post. I was just surprised (or shocked).. Thank God all the basic rules are working OK in the game. There are a few glitches which can easily be fixed via patch. The overall experience is better than the recent installments of the cricket games.

Users who are viewing this thread