Review Demo impressions thread

I had one shocking moment

Playing as England against Austrailia. Katich drives it through the covers they make the first run. As my fielder picked the ball up, Hughes turned and began to run to the bowlers end. I had already thrown the ball to Anderson he takes it cleanly with Hughes Stranded up the bowlers end and it didn't let me throw the ball to the Prior.

Its was awful!

Hey can anyone on Planetcricket get permission for putting up AC09 PC demo for download here when it release? I think the Codemasters server would be very busy so having another source to dwonload would be good for fans.;)

Posted in Codemasters forum on PC demo:

I'll confirm the date of the PC demo asap guys, just waiting on confirmation now.

Hey can anyone on Planetcricket get permission for putting up AC09 PC demo for download here when it release? I think the Codemasters server would be very busy so having another source to dwonload would be good for fans.;)

We've hosted mirrors for demos in the past. If they ask it won't be a problem.

@ 10dulkar - PC demo is already confirmed as 30/7. PS3 is the one we're not sure about.

@ 10dulkar - PC demo is already confirmed as 30/7. PS3 is the one we're not sure about.

Then why is helios still saying that he'll confirm asap. Anyhow my lappie won be able to play the demo, Posted that info for the sake of others who are waiting for PC demo.

I'm waiting for PS3 Demo, Hope it releases this thursday.

Great news barmy.... Any confirmation on the release date of PC demo? Boy, codemasters know how to tease people.;)
I have just finished Prototype. Flipping awesome game. When i first started it, i said" awe, it gonna suck, it has las gen graphics" But when i continued playing, the gameplay makes up more than enough for what was lacking in graphics.... This shows that a game with average graphics can be a blockbuster title if it has good gameplay. That was the core of Prototype, PES and i hope same is the case in A C 09. TBH graphics of AC09 are way better than Prototype;). Lets hope same is the case with gameplay

Has anyone noticed that when a batsmen is run out the team still scores the runs that they ran? Is that correct? For example, Ponting hits it to cover and tries to run 3. He gets run out attempting the 3rd run. He is given out but the scorecard gave them 2 runs for the 2 runs completed. I thought that if you were run out you didn't get any of the runs you ran.
Am I wrong with my cricket knowledge or is that a fault that hopefully will be fixed before release.
Still a good game though.

Nah that's correct. They should get the two runs.

Hey Everybody.

1) How does keeper catch occur?

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 - Xbox 360 Demo (Easy Mode)

In the above video, at around 7:56, the keeper drops a catch. However i thought there was only a split second to press the catch button ( brings back old memories of BLIC07). Is that always the case for keeper catches, or do we get more time to press the button for keeper catches?

2) I have read numerous posts where some say the overall AI is brilliant while others say that it is not the best. If my memory is correct, i remember somebody from codies saying that if you constantly hit the ball to a particular field area, the AI will change the field settings and all.Is that true? Has any of you noticed that?

3) Does the bowler mix up deliveries in an over or do they bowl predictable balls?

4) Apologies if this was asked before, but has any of you been stumped in the demo?

1) I think keeper catches occur in the same way as all other catches in the game, you get a third person view, time slows down, ball changes colour red/orange/green to catch. Only seen one keeper catch for my team so not enitirely certain on this.

2) The AI is improved but not brilliant I would say. Not noticed the field changing for scoring in the same place but then this is only a demo, the real thing, who knows!!:sarcasm

3) Yes and No. Some overs I get 6 balls in identical places from the AI some times they vary it a little, but you cant see if the AI is bowling inswing/outswing/slower ball so that is always varying.

4) Yes I have seen stumpings from spin bowlers:rtfl

Hope that helps a little!!!:cheers

After all that is the core of most of the games. Look a PES. When it started, it has superb gameplay and mediocre cgraphics. From their on, it has improved its graphics. The basic thing for a developer , when he is creating a new series/franchisee, is to get the gameplay and basic mechanics of the game right. If he manages to do that in the first game then its just the cosmetci job remains for next games. So he can carry the same code and add little bits of patches and then focus on graphics.... So we should expect next Ashes Cricket game to be one of the best sports title available:banana2:banana2

i think i took the most amount of australian wickets for me so far with 4.
Jimmy Anderson bowled a short ball and katich hits it straight to short mid-wicket where PC was standing
It also happened to ricky ponting first ball but i bowled him one in a line of off stump but again he clipped it to short mid-wicket.

I got a ran out decision with a beauty of a throw by Jimmy Anderson.
and final wicket was freddie bowling just outside off stump and again straight to short mid-wicket where PC was standing

i really cannot wait until this comes out

Can anyone play badly in the demo and post its video online? I mean, play frontfoot shots to short balls and backfoot shots to full deliveries, Stepping out to a short ball. has anyone managed to hit the nuts:D, are the anims same as before or changed. LOL

If stats thing is implemented correctly tehn this game would be a blast with my friends. All four of us would create our players. Two of us would be aussies and two would be english. Then we would play ashes ans ashes and ashes. It would be flipping cool to see ant the end of a ashes which of us scored how many runs or so. Which one has improved most. I am already drooling with the immense possibilities with this game.

When i played crysis last year, there was a natural mod and HD texture mod created by some guys at moddb. It made already awesome crysis even more beautiful. So why cant thee be a mod for Ashes Cricket 09? I guess it is possible. I am not the best person to elaborate more on this but can someone who has some programming knowledge explain is it possible to create a similar mod for ashes create or not(give reasonable answer and in English please not coded)

Users who are viewing this thread