Review Demo impressions thread

Ok guys. Need some help. Quick question. Do we actually have any control over the quality of the throw back to keep/bowler end whilst fielding? How do we make sure the throw is a good one? Haven't figured this out yet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone play badly in the demo and post its video online? I mean, play frontfoot shots to short balls and backfoot shots to full deliveries, Stepping out to a short ball. has anyone managed to hit the nuts:D, are the anims same as before or changed. LOL

I hit someone in the nuts and it was PROPER funny, he just keeled over.

What I cant do is hit anyone in the head, like BLIC 07, they always swing out of the way

Lets hope after the game get released, genius PC members workout on game & make some
downloadable things for AC09 So we could add more realism & forget some bugs from the codies.

First of i would love to see in a download section is correct name roaster for all other unlicensed team.

Ok guys. Need some help. Quick question. Do we actually have any control over the quality of the throw back to keep/bowler end whilst fielding? How do we make sure the throw is a good one? Haven't figured this out yet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think we just choose the end to throw to now. The speed and accuracy of the throw is completely judged on the ability of the fielder, at least thats my take on it. Thats what it feels like from playing. When Monty throws it in its a slow turn and high throw, when Colly does it he turns in one and throws it like a bullet, but maybe someone else has another view or more details on it?

For those who were whining bout the bowling action being same in the demo:

Have you ever thought of the possibility of using just one generic action for demo to reduce it size?? Even BLI07 had many different bowling actions. And to think that they had the code available but used just one crap action form it for the game is laughable. So just be patient.

P.S: To Transmission Games: Dont delay the game any further after reading the whining from some of the member over very small matters. You can always fix them with a patch after release.

Re throwing: from my playtest, I got the impression that if you didn't choose an end, the throw would be gentler, and if you did choose an end, then it would be more of an attempt to run the guy out by throwing harder, and more directly at the stumps.

I may be wrong though. If I am, they should probably implement that!

Can anyone play badly in the demo and post its video online? I mean, play frontfoot shots to short balls and backfoot shots to full deliveries, Stepping out to a short ball. has anyone managed to hit the nuts:D, are the anims same as before or changed. LOL

If stats thing is implemented correctly tehn this game would be a blast with my friends. All four of us would create our players. Two of us would be aussies and two would be english. Then we would play ashes ans ashes and ashes. It would be flipping cool to see ant the end of a ashes which of us scored how many runs or so. Which one has improved most. I am already drooling with the immense possibilities with this game.

When i played crysis last year, there was a natural mod and HD texture mod created by some guys at moddb. It made already awesome crysis even more beautiful. So why cant thee be a mod for Ashes Cricket 09? I guess it is possible. I am not the best person to elaborate more on this but can someone who has some programming knowledge explain is it possible to create a similar mod for ashes create or not(give reasonable answer and in English please not coded)

Sorry for quoting my post, but i remember reading in a playtest review that Lazy is some sort of programmer. So dude can you elkaborate something on last Para of quoted post....;)

Thanks

If the fielder drops a catch, will he throws back the ball to keeper/bowler end quickly? In BLIC-2007, By the time fielder throw the ball back to keeper/bowler end, we can sneak extra run.

P.S: To Transmission Games: Dont delay the game any further after reading the whining from some of the member over very small matters. You can always fix them with a patch after release.

You needn't worry about that, review copies of the game are out and it's only 2 weeks to release the the game will have "gone gold" at least a week or two ago. The only thing we don't know is how much older the demo build is than the "gold" build.

Do we have to choose bowlers after the end of each over??????????????

Sorry for quoting my post, but i remember reading in a playtest review that Lazy is some sort of programmer. So dude can you elkaborate something on last Para of quoted post....;)

Thanks

If you take a look at the different mods for all other cricket games, and the in built editor in A09, it's looking pretty certain that there will be plenty of kits/ad boards/custom sounds/field editors, as well as possible changes to the gameplay. BLIC 07 was the least friendly of all past cricket games though when it came to modding, especially the gameplay, all that could be done in that respect was changing player values to stop high run rates. EA's games are only really playable with patches, but once changed they are 10x the game they are out the box.

I'm confident that there will be plenty of custom content for A09, especially for the PC.

I hope it would be as good in PC as in XBox 360...

when is pc demo out any news about it

It's supposed to be out July 30th.

I dont understand how they expect to sell the game on ps3 if they do not release a demo. Sure the niche market will buy but many regular gamers will not buy it if they cant try it first.

It'll sell if people give it good reviews and tell their friends about it, don't worry about that.

I'm getting better at it. It's nice that there aren't so many silly bugs like there have been in cricket games of old. Ashes Cricket 2011 will be the killer. I'm looking forward to 25th August so I can play the full game!

The release is August 7th, is it not?

Hey can anyone on Planetcricket get permission for putting up AC09 PC demo for download here when it release? I think the Codemasters server would be very busy so having another source to dwonload would be good for fans.;)

That would be a good idea.

apparently this is not the "FINAL" build....so lets hope we dont find these on August 7th! :D

Is that confirmed then, that it is an old build?

Er yes, you have to in all cricket??? why would you "not" want to???

No you don't. If you're happy with the bowler that is bowling, then he just carries on bowling! The only time you need to get another bowler on is if you want to change any of the two bowlers.

I hope it would be as good in PC as in XBox 360...

According to the guys in the know here, the PC/Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are identical. The only one left out in the cold is the Wii version.

EA. Take Note!

Users who are viewing this thread