Review Demo impressions thread

I much prefer this idea of a 'zone' of variable changes to batsman's skill level to the traditional confidence meter. In BLIC07, 5 bad shots with a top order batsmen, or leaving the ball even (:facepalm) saw him go from world beater to this player with horrible defence and lousy shots. Simply adding variable skill level depending on the performance in that match sounds like a far better option - it brings into play shots which may cause the batsmen to get out, but doesnt demote his skill to a tailender due to low confidence.

Maybe it is to give the feeling of Zone..EVeryone knows how a batman plays when he is in the zone and how he play when he is struggeling. Would love to see the skill dropping after couple of bad shots. IT would be interesting if this happens in the match only and overall skills increases slowly

It sounds like a good idea to me, albeit in need of some tweaking. It means that even a tailender could bat well sometimes (as happens in real cricket - sometimes, they just get in the 'zone'.)

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Can't wait to play it ! PC demo on Thursday right ? Would you say it was better than Cricket 07 ? Worth ?40 ?

Let me save you a lot of money. I don't know where you got ?40 from, but:

Play.com (UK) : Ashes Cricket 2009 : PC Games - Free Delivery

I'd get it from there, personally!

Also, by the sounds of it, this is better than BLIC '99, never mind Cricket 07! The PC demo is due on 30th July.

Can someone officially confirm the release date of PC demo from codies?? I know Jamie said that it would be a week after XBOX 360 Gold that means 30th july but a official word would be great. Someone in codemasters forum has started a thread asking for the same and the mod just replied by saying that he will let them know as soon ASAP after confirming with codies.:noway

Yup, it is pretty much the zone. It would be like when every batsman has its day. I would love to see a Zone Cap for players as no matter how long Panesar survive he wont bat like Pietersen. So a Zone level Cap would be great addition.

I guess there are tons of stuff like this which Jamie hadn't told us in the interview so that we can discover on our own and get those "Wow moments"... I guess there would be a big surprise in the game which jamie would be hiding till the release date. Like a full blown Player Editor like PES or Ingame Team Rankings etc. I just cant wait for the release

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Though player's rating should increase slightly like 1 point or two point after a extended run of Zone performances. I know this would be in for a custom player but same system for other player would be great.

A zone cap would be essential - we don't want a tailender to start batting like an opener.

It sounds like a good idea to me, albeit in need of some tweaking. It means that even a tailender could bat well sometimes (as happens in real cricket - sometimes, they just get in the 'zone'.)

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Let me save you a lot of money. I don't know where you got ?40 from, but:

Play.com (UK) : Ashes Cricket 2009 : PC Games - Free Delivery

I'd get it from there, personally!

Also, by the sounds of it, this is better than BLIC '99, never mind Cricket 07! The PC demo is due on 30th July.

No PS3 demo but that is what i'm getting it for...any cheaper price for the PS3 version ?

No PS3 demo but that is what i'm getting it for...any cheaper price for the PS3 version ?

Oh sorry, I thought you were getting it for PC because you mentioned the PC demo. Cheaper than ?40 for the PS3?

?35.99 at play.com.

They're free delivery as well.

Found something else:

?29.95 at Zavvi for PS3. I'm not too sure how safe it is to order from them yet though - they've only recently come back as an online store.

Why not Import from India:D:D?? It cost 10$ add a maximum 10 $ Shipping = 20$ Still 15 $ cheaper than what it would cost me here:(

Oh sorry, I thought you were getting it for PC because you mentioned the PC demo. Cheaper than ?40 for the PS3?

?35.99 at play.com.

They're free delivery as well.

Found something else:

?29.95 at Zavvi for PS3. I'm not too sure how safe it is to order from them yet though - they've only recently come back as an online store.

Argos are doing them really cheap, ?28.95 for Xbox nd ps3. Free Delivery too. I have pre ordered and paid for it. You might want to check their website out. original price is ?35.99 but you discount when you put CODE20 in their promotional area.

I know i am far fetching but Why dont a Indian Mod start a thread here for sending us the game:). We can trust him;) and send him 20$ and he would send us the game. That way we could get the game atmost a week late and sve 15 $ yay :happyyuppieee:banana2

I know i am far fetching but Why dont a Indian Mod start a thread here for sending us the game:). We can trust him;) and send him 20$ and he would send us the game. That way we could get the game atmost a week late and sve 15 $ yay :happyyuppieee:banana2

Well we can't send HIM the money, unless he was buying them himself and shipping them over. He would be losing $15 a pop then.

I have recently played the demo round my friends house, on xbox360, and have to say that this game is absolutely amazing! Some of the great points include:

• The ability to pick one ball and then bowl another
  • The ability to change the amount of swing on the ball
  • The ability to pick which end to throw the ball
  • The great new catching mode
  • The ability to manually choose front foot and back foot shots
  • The way in which you can see the bowler rating, ball wear and his bowling speed all in an in-game menu
  • And last, but not least, the ability to either cut or swing the ball, with reverse swing coming later on in the match

So, basically all of it.

Good work Guys! Can't wait to buy the game.:clap

Has anyone noticed that when a batsmen is run out the team still scores the runs that they ran? Is that correct? For example, Ponting hits it to cover and tries to run 3. He gets run out attempting the 3rd run. He is given out but the scorecard gave them 2 runs for the 2 runs completed. I thought that if you were run out you didn't get any of the runs you ran.
Am I wrong with my cricket knowledge or is that a fault that hopefully will be fixed before release.
Still a good game though.

blame your cricket knowledge :D
the completed runs are given to the batsman.
only the 3rd run which they couldn't complete is obviously canceled.

dont worry.this is no glitch in the game.maybe a glitch in the actual game implemented in it :D lol

Ok, am disappointed for the first time. just ran out katich and caught Hughes in 2 balls. In came ponting, i gave him a bouncer and it hit him and knocked off the bails, an appeal followed and the umpire gave NOT OUT.

thats the biggest bug ive seen yet

Users who are viewing this thread