Review Demo impressions thread

Hey guys another notice today. If you hit lot of boundaries by a batsman and his confidence goes up immediately his rating goes up too. I was playing with Ponting and scored 4-5 boundaries and when he got out his rating had moved up to 92 while when he came to bat his rating was 83. So that is a great addition.

I struck a straight drive which went on to hit the non-striker and since I had pressed the run button got run out but it was amazing to see that. Also the keeper too a backward running catch to a top edge of a hook shot.

Also about all that keeper timming issue I had enough time to take a catch on hard mode with keeper and that too off a spinner. So I don't think there is any issue with it. However the time in the outfield especially long on Long off that meter turns green for a fraction of a second and found it very hard. I am able to take close in catches very easily now but not in the outfield say long on long off.

Hey guys another notice today. If you hit lot of boundaries by a batsman and his confidence goes up immediately his rating goes up too. I was playing with Ponting and scored 4-5 boundaries and when he got out his rating had moved up to 92 while when he came to bat his rating was 83. So that is a great addition.

hmmmm......confidence is one thing but how can your SKILL improve so much
only after 4-5 boundaries ?? :confused:

I struck a straight drive which went on to hit the non-striker and since I had pressed the run button got run out but it was amazing to see that. Also the keeper too a backward running catch to a top edge of a hook shot.

wow !! would've been a great feeling am sure !! :clap
eagerly waiting to play this !! :happy

It might be for everyone else. :( I'm not getting it until my birthday.

Unlucky. Still, what a birthday present eh? Look at it this way: you have to wait an extra couple of weeks or so, but you won't have to pay a damn penny for it. :)

Could be because the Wii version isn't made by Transmission Games!

Strange way of doing things. Still, as long as it means that the PC version isn't being affected by an inferior machine like it is with the Fifa games (thanks to the PS2), maybe it's the right way to do it. Perhaps EA should take note and farm the PS2 version out to someone else so they can put more effort into the PC version! The latest we've got now is virtually no graphical improvements, but promises of leaps and bounds in gameplay in Fifa 10 PC.

Sorry about the offtopic.

hmmmm......confidence is one thing but how can your SKILL improve so much
only after 4-5 boundaries ?? :confused:

Agreed that?s too much of a gain after 4,5 boundaries. It would be realistic if after a couple of tests and that batsman have been scoring hundreds then the rating should increase but not after one knock

Maybe it is to give the feeling of Zone..EVeryone knows how a batman plays when he is in the zone and how he play when he is struggeling. Would love to see the skill dropping after couple of bad shots. IT would be interesting if this happens in the match only and overall skills increases slowly

Also an amazing backward running catch on the boundary with the catching meter I thought I ll go into the boundary ropes but caught it perfectly and fielder just kept on running side ways. That was something.

Maybe it is to give the feeling of Zone..EVeryone knows how a batman plays when he is in the zone and how he play when he is struggeling. Would love to see the skill dropping after couple of bad shots. IT would be interesting if this happens in the match only and overall skills increases slowly

Form is temporary, Class is permanent !!

i dont think the skill levels should deter much..max of +- 5 ratings!!

e.g tendulkar after a bad series...his confidence will be down...yes...but i doubt his skill / technique will change...

Also an amazing backward running catch on the boundary with the catching meter I thought I ll go into the boundary ropes but caught it perfectly and fielder just kept on running side ways. That was something.

It seems to me that this game has achieved the unpredictablility of cricket. Has anyone also seen a fielder dive to save the ball on the rope, or dive from behind and just pull it away from the rope with their hand? I must admit I haven't seen many examples in the videos, but is the fielding generally more spectacular now?

It seems to me that this game has achieved the unpredictablility of cricket. Has anyone also seen a fielder dive to save the ball on the rope, or dive from behind and just pull it away from the rope with their hand? I must admit I haven't seen many examples in the videos, but is the fielding generally more spectacular now?

I have seen dives from close in fielders and keepers but none on the boundary but that catch was truly amazing. Keeping mechanics are one of the best I have seen in cricket games and keeper does go and pick up the balls just dabbed around the corner if there are no fielders.

But skill should increase. Remember how Dale Steyn has transformed into a mighty quick bowler from a good swing bowler in 2 years. So improvement of skill is an essential part of the game. As for sachin, after bad series where he gets out playing lofted shot. In real live he stops playing them for some matches. Thus decreasing the skill to play lofted shot for some matches would be good.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent !!

i dont think the skill levels should deter much..max of +- 5 ratings!!

e.g tendulkar after a bad series...his confidence will be down...yes...but i doubt his skill / technique will change...

Its just a rating of pretty much the zone he is in. Their rating isn't like their official skill level, it's more like how likely they are to not make an error. Next time he comes to the crease you'll find it won't be 92.

Yup, it is pretty much the zone. It would be like when every batsman has its day. I would love to see a Zone Cap for players as no matter how long Panesar survive he wont bat like Pietersen. So a Zone level Cap would be great addition.

I guess there are tons of stuff like this which Jamie hadn't told us in the interview so that we can discover on our own and get those "Wow moments"... I guess there would be a big surprise in the game which jamie would be hiding till the release date. Like a full blown Player Editor like PES or Ingame Team Rankings etc. I just cant wait for the release

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Though player's rating should increase slightly like 1 point or two point after a extended run of Zone performances. I know this would be in for a custom player but same system for other player would be great.

Can't wait to play it ! PC demo on Thursday right ? Would you say it was better than Cricket 07 ? Worth ?40 ?

Users who are viewing this thread