Review Demo impressions thread

he meant XBOX 360 i suppose.

o_rly.jpg

I thought he was being serious.

Gilly Fan added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

According to this the last demo released around 11am GMT.

EDIT: disregard, i figured you were talking about the demo last week

It was roughly 10PM AEST, just for you Gilly Fan :D but that was after they had announced that XBL was experiencing difficulties etc etc so take that with a grain of salt

Last edited:
I did, and looked at Adil's review, and it says it was hard to hit sixes, which is NOT good, because it was piss easy to hit sixes in BLIC07, and so I'm thinking it will be for AC09 too. :(

I dont think the demo was an old built !

The player still lost two wickets in like 4 balls so it's not as if you could get away with doing it over and over again anyway.

But as people have said, this is an old build.

The popular concept that the demo was from a 6 week old built doesnt make any sense to me.I dont think the final game will be much different from the Xbox 360 demo that we saw. I mean, the purpose of having a demo is to attract people and to give them a taste of what the actual game is going to be like. So quite naturally, the developers would release a restricted version of the final version of the game as a demo. When i say restricted version, i mean some elements like the 3rd umpire, certain aspects of commentary and all those extra teams and stadiums were taken of. However the core elements of the game ( the things that matter the most ) like the AI, the graphics and all would be up to date and that of the final version. If you think about it, why would the developers want to release an old built as a demo when they have a new built ready? About the PC demo, i dont think it will be different from the xbox 360 demo either.I would also imagine that it would take more than 2 weeks to rewrite the code for the AI .So the chance's of them rewriting the AI code after reading the comments on this forum is very low. If we are lucky, we might get a patch released after the final retail version hits the shelves on 7th.
I am no pessimist but after reading through this forum, i have a feeling that people are expecting something totally different from the final version. Quite honestly, i dont see that happening.What i am trying to say here is, I wont be surprised if the game AI of the final game is not much different from the AI of the demo.

N.B: If the demo was from a 6 week old built like the popular belief, then do u not think that the developers would have said so? I mean if they were to come out and say that the demo was from an old built, quite naturally people would be more excited and would anticipate more from the final game. This could be something that could turn out to have a positive impact on the sales.However they havent done so. So i really dont think that the demo is from an old built.

The demo speculation thread is closed when ps3 demo is not even here!:laugh:facepalm:noway

The popular concept that the demo was from a 6 week old built doesnt make any sense to me.I dont think the final game will be much different from the Xbox 360 demo that we saw. I mean, the purpose of having a demo is to attract people and to give them a taste of what the actual game is going to be like. So quite naturally, the developers would release a restricted version of the final version of the game as a demo. When i say restricted version, i mean some elements like the 3rd umpire, certain aspects of commentary and all those extra teams and stadiums were taken of. However the core elements of the game ( the things that matter the most ) like the AI, the graphics and all would be up to date and that of the final version. If you think about it, why would the developers want to release an old built as a demo when they have a new built ready? About the PC demo, i dont think it will be different from the xbox 360 demo either.I would also imagine that it would take more than 2 weeks to rewrite the code for the AI .So the chance's of them rewriting the AI code after reading the comments on this forum is very low. If we are lucky, we might get a patch released after the final retail version hits the shelves on 7th.
I am no pessimist but after reading through this forum, i have a feeling that people are expecting something totally different from the final version. Quite honestly, i dont see that happening.What i am trying to say here is, I wont be surprised if the game AI of the final game is not much different from the AI of the demo.

N.B: If the demo was from a 6 week old built like the popular belief, then do u not think that the developers would have said so? I mean if they were to come out and say that the demo was from an old built, quite naturally people would be more excited and would anticipate more from the final game. This could be something that could turn out to have a positive impact on the sales.However they havent done so. So i really dont think that the demo is from an old built.

Perhaps its a technique to deter people from expanding the demo, if it has bugs.

PLUS

They might do it on purpose so that when they get complaints, they can just say "its an old build" and hope people buy it anyway.

Thats all I can think of.

Certainly with 6 weeks left they will be doing bugfixing only, no additions of functionality or animations or anything like that, but at least that means there is a good chance the generally accepted biggest flaw (crazy AI running) should be fixed. There will be hundreds of tactical/AI issues of a smaller scale, that's inevitable, it's a GAME. These will hopefully be improved in later versions of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread