Review Demo impressions thread

Well AI batting reminds me off BLIC 07. Too my surprise MJ was most economical at 8 RPO.

I think it's due to the strange demo scenario.. 3 over test match! So naturally, the AI must've been optimized to suit that kind of match.
I've used AB's DE to play a number of unlimited overs demo match. In those matches, AI was somewhat more cautious and were scoring around 3.5-4 runs an over if you bowl well. But as the AI has'nt been fully optimized, once batsmen like KP or Ponting got into 'fearless' confidence zone, they were lofting every bad deliveries, which was quite disappointing.

one question..why is flintoff not licensed? i mean no way does the player look like him and uses a codemasters bat. Does EA hold exclusive rights to flintoff, he was on the cover of cricket 2007?

dark cone is where you are hitting the ball, and the white area I think is a suggested shot, not sure on the white as I just do my own thing.

Have to say the AI and game is already to easy. On Hard I scored a double century with Hussey getting out with a great catch on 208. However this was off 84 balls. My run rate was cruizing at 15.9 - 16 and over most of the time. Now this with with only using back foot and front foot shots never went down the pitch at all.

The English team had their bowlers at timid and then just bowled rubbish most of the time.

I ended up just giving up as I could not save the game and have to go to work, After hussey was out I was 6/467 couple of good quick wickets but mostly I just smashed them around.

I've played the demo and followed closely all the Youtube videos and player previews and reviews. But I'm just not convinced yet. The game is OK I guess, but pending major bug fixes, patching and mods, I will continue to be patient before dropping 80 bucks on yet another potential cricket game dissappoinment. I'm pessimistic, but I earned it!

Yeah I must say that after playing the extended demo, I am overall very impressed with the game. But like everyone said the major draw backs are the speeds / edges and runouts. I played 2 games on hard where I only bowled, to check out exactly these issues and in one innings the AI ran themselves out 8 times and the other game 9 times!

I dont know how you guys find HARD mode but its seriously difficult to get wickets I must say. If it wasnt for the runouts the AI would probably be on like 1000/5 or something. And thats where the lack of pace is very annoying....you struggle to get wickets because the bowlers look so unthreatening floating the balls up. Its almost useless to have any slips when you bowl because the ball practically never get to them on the full. I hardly ever see any plays and misses from the AI, I realise its due to it being HARD mode but seriously....they should miss now and then and not look as if they have so much time, least of all when batting at 9, 10, 11...

How are you guys finding HARD mode? The last game I played England ended up with 427/10 with 8 runouts in the innings. Bearing in mind that im terrible at catching I drop about 5 catches a game. But i went through a phase where there wasnt a single chance given by the batsmen for over 200 runs! That makes bowling very boring because if you bowl in the yellow zone the batsman simply block or leave the ball.

Do you guys also find that you are more likely to get a wicket when you dont bowl very accurately? You need to get these guys to play and I rarely see the AI taking a chance if the ball is on a decent line and length....I suppose thats how cricket SHOULD be played in real life lol The AI's batting is far more disciplined than many real life cricketers!

I have been reading a lot of negative comments about the demo lately. I have to say. I am enjoying the game tremendously... I think its a great game. There are a few glitches here and there like the runouts by the AI.Apart from that, i think its a great game. I am still playing in the normal mode and i find it challenging. I usually go for the 10 over game (thanks to ABbh for that patch ). I am yet to win a game. I find the AI brilliant. They tend to defend/leave the good deliveries for the first 5 overs and save wickets. After about 5-6 overs they start to go berseek !! Its difficult to maintain a high confidence level for the bowler at that stage but if u manage to do so then the game becomes very interesting.

Just to let you know, that white indicator is the wind direction. So u've got to use that when u bowl deliveries, try bowling an inswinger or an off spinner when the wind is towards the batsmen and u will see what i am talking about.

The pitch and the overcast conditions help a lot too.

Keep these in mind when bowling.

Have fun and good work transmission/codemaster lads...

one question..why is flintoff not licensed? i mean no way does the player look like him and uses a codemasters bat. Does EA hold exclusive rights to flintoff, he was on the cover of cricket 2007?

It means they don't have the right use Puma's kits and bats.

I just bowled an entire innings on hard. The AI was paced for a good 50 over score. They got over 300 in under 50 overs. All of the top batsman scored well but also gave chances. I dropped Hussey early and he went on to make a big score. There were a few run outs, no doubt they would have scored 450+ without the run outs. The tail also wagged quite a bit. I had the ball almost down to 75% wear before I bowled them out so I did not get to try the reverse swing.
Has anyone tried the reverse swing yet?

Great to see that Pieterson was involved in all the catches, and the rest were runouts - the games looking great :sarcasm

Supershtuffthat added 7 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Soemone said before that the AI gets confused if you choose an end to throw to, resulting in them running themselves out. If you let the CPU decide, do you still get them?

This is annoying being unable to play the demo when everyone else is posting reviews. Fortunately I have some new components coming on Tuesday (new mobo, processer and 4GB RAM) that will allow me to play it at full graphics setting. Chances are I'll have the actual game by Wednesday though and won't bother at all with the demo.

Shame I can't get new components, need to seriously change the processor and graphic card. And I can't do it because I'm on a laptop. D:

I think it's due to the strange demo scenario.. 3 over test match! So naturally, the AI must've been optimized to suit that kind of match.
I've used AB's DE to play a number of unlimited overs demo match. In those matches, AI was somewhat more cautious and were scoring around 3.5-4 runs an over if you bowl well. But as the AI has'nt been fully optimized, once batsmen like KP or Ponting got into 'fearless' confidence zone, they were lofting every bad deliveries, which was quite disappointing.

I agree and expect the AI's pacing to be a lot better in the full game.

yea but if you dont press anything they dont duck or sway out of the way of short deliveries and get hit instead.
Surely there is a way to duck bouncers?

Yes, where is the 'duck' button?

Well I have been playing all week on hard mode and find it nigh on impossible to score runs quickly, so for me it is very realistic.

I agree - I don't hit everything in the air, just balls that really deserve it. Imagine you're playing real cricket and your eyes light up when you see a ball that just has to go - try to smack those type of deliveries.

Well AI batting reminds me off BLIC 07. Too my surprise MJ was most economical at 8 RPO.

I don't agree - in BLIC 2007, you could hit nearly everything for six. In this game, if you keep doing that, you will not be successful in a Test, that's for damn sure.

This is annoying being unable to play the demo when everyone else is posting reviews. Fortunately I have some new components coming on Tuesday (new mobo, processer and 4GB RAM) that will allow me to play it at full graphics setting. Chances are I'll have the actual game by Wednesday though and won't bother at all with the demo.

How are you getting it by Wednesday?

As for those worried about Puma/Flintoff? The P.C. modders will take care of that? And if you've got it on console? Tough. Get a gaming PC (as you're only too fond of telling us to get your machines). :p

Users who are viewing this thread