Review Demo impressions thread

Just had the most amazing over. I was bowling as Australia, England were chasing down about 240 (unlimited overs). They were about 0/120, Cook was run-out. Then at 1/175, I bring on Marcus North for a change. First ball to Bopara, back-foot off drive, Strauss was run out at the non striker's end. 2/175. Pietersen comes in, cut shot over point for two, 2/177. Next ball, he's run-out attempting a single. 3/177. Bopara on strike, I actually got an LBW shout to go my way, turning in outside off, missing off actually. 4/177. Collingwood comes in, gets two runs, then edges behind to Hughes. Four wickets in an over, going from 1/175 to 5/179, and they weren't all run-outs! Yay!

Nice game loved batting and seriously hated bowling.Runout bug is ridiculous.Bowling is seriously a let down for me.They scored 407 against me in 29.2 overs with 8 runouts in hard mode.This is seriously bad in any cases.WTF AI playing test like a t20 match.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nice game loved batting and seriously hated bowling.Runout bug is ridiculous.Bowling is seriously a let down for me.They scored 407 against me in 29.2 overs with 8 runouts in hard mode.This is seriously bad in any cases.WTF AI playing test like a t20 match.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
That's because although the demo has been expanded, it is still playing it like a 3 over game.

from what I have gathered from PC demo, it looks like its build is older than the Xbox one as it includes B.Lee in the test match while 360 had Hilfenhaus in the Lords test.. Is it because Lee was unavailable or you guys are doing anything special to include Lee?

Hm, the ball's started reversing for me; how should I exploit this best? Swann and Prior are at the crease, both right handers.

i just lost my most wickets in the 3 over game :( 7 of them

and only one was a run out. MJ got me LBW'd twice and i edged a few as well as scooping up a slower delievery. in the end i got to 20/7 and lost with two balls remaining with ai getting 24/0

Not sure about that - hitting the bowling meter early means it's easier to hit for the batman. I tried this and made no obvious difference to spinner speed.

no if your having trouble getting wickets you have to adjust the speed also it doesent mean they will always hit it easier doing fast bowls then struggling if you adjust the speed to a sower speed it can catch them out ND THEY may miss time i dnt it few times they miss time cuz of speed adjustment try it trust me

WTF AI playing test like a t20 match. :

Mate relax, they still think its a 3 over match! The AI to be honest must be so confused in a 1 innings tests match with limited overs lol!!

Plus we were told they knew it was a 3 over match but AI in game was not optamised!!

The umpiring's really realistic. I've had nearly 10 LBW appeals with all 10 Hawk Eye predicts hitting off/middle, all of which were turned down.

It's as if Rudi is actually in the game umpiring.

Ashes 2009 turns into an Ashes

today i have downloaded so much anticipated game Ashes 2009 ,,sadly but i would have to say that codemasters are just trying to sell their own old product into a new product cover ,,,i am totally disappointed with this game...

generally i play Ea cricket 2007 with my co mate at leisure time,,,and from past 2 years i am continuously playing it without no felling of boring,,even with my co mate i more enjoy this game rather than playing with computer,,the main reason is AI..we always play in like a 2 match or 3 match series,,and often i win

But EA cricket 2007 was major change in EA cricket series,,i liked BLC 2005 because of its real gameplay but players character looks more cartoon like in BLC series,,

I just want to get a modified version of EA Cricket 2007 with officially new players not with an patch ,, new grounds new commentary ,,,thats all

today i have downloaded so much anticipated game Ashes 2009 ,,sadly but i would have to say that codemasters are just trying to sell their own old product into a new product cover ,,,i am totally disappointed with this game...

generally i play Ea cricket 2007 with my co mate at leisure time,,,and from past 2 years i am continuously playing it without no felling of boring,,even with my co mate i more enjoy this game rather than playing with computer,,the main reason is AI..we always play in like a 2 match or 3 match series,,and often i win

But EA cricket 2007 was major change in EA cricket series,,i liked BLC 2005 because of its real gameplay but players character looks more cartoon like in BLC series,,

I just want to get a modified version of EA Cricket 2007 with officially new players not with an patch ,, new grounds new commentary ,,,thats all

Care to elaborate.

Hahaha, lol.

Drawback of this Demo

1. It looks almost like BLC 2007
2. Character looks like more cartoon than EA cricket
3. Batting sometimes very had
4.Runout Bug
5. Very short gameplay in Demo
6. Ground doesnt look real at all
7.Bowling action looks pathetic like BLC 2007

wait a sec; i thought the AI was NOT optimized for 3 overs ??

We were told the AI know its a 3 over match however they are not optamised!

Translated: They dont really know whats going on!! lol

What if any major changes have been made to the game in the last few months? Did any of these result in the apparent delayed release, with the initial July date from the press release announcing it now missed?

HS: We've fixed tonnes of bugs since the play tests. There is a lot of 'plumbing' work when making a cross-platform title like this, so a lot of the work in the last few months isn't glamorous, but is required to ship a game. Just generally final bugs with the game to get it out the door to you guys!

Can someone remind me if the demo is an older build to the playtests!!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread