Review Demo impressions thread

so no ps3 demo tomo ?

By the look of things no. Ps3 haven't been told by codies that there is going to be a ps3 demo but if there was it is coming out one day before the game which is rather stupid.

Just download the PC one and connect your ps3 controller and play it that way.

Got my new xbox today Yayyyy :banana2 so I've begun playing the demo again.

Few things I've noticed

- When setting an attacking field with spinners the AI just goes over the top of the field and quite often it was going for 4. Nice touch
- The AI (AUS) were constanly coming down the wicket to attack my spinners typical Aussies but realistic
- My only gripe would be that alot of run out decisions were being sent to the 3rd umpire even though most of the time I was almost passing the stumps as the ball hit them which became slightly annoying after a while
- And lastly I'm not very good at the game :D Managed 9\3 on Hard which the AI knocked off in 1.1 overs

Chrystovski added 3 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Have transmission confirmed that there are going to be no rain delays in the game? If so I'm slighlty disappointed with this as in England it constantly plays a pivitol role in match results. I can understand there not being any delays in ODI as the DWL method could complicate things but for tests surely it's basic stuff.

Has anyone had ANY joy with spinners, I had a wicket cought in the deep, and a close stumping but havent removed the bails

In fact has anyone CLEAN BOWLED an aussie?

I heard all this talk about "stumps go flying at the slightest graze" before the demo, I have not even seen 1 stump being uprooted in any of the demo vids. Has anyone managed to knock a stump out of the ground with a pacer?

By the look of things no. Ps3 haven't been told by codies that there is going to be a ps3 demo but if there was it is coming out one day before the game which is rather stupid.

Just download the PC one and connect your ps3 controller and play it that way.

we PS3 owers are getting screw by Codies:boxing

I heard all this talk about "stumps go flying at the slightest graze" before the demo, I have not even seen 1 stump being uprooted in any of the demo vids. Has anyone managed to knock a stump out of the ground with a pacer?

I clean bowled my mate at 93mph and all three stumps were still in the ground!! they now seem stuck completely in the floor. Did like to see the odd stump come out the ground when bowling quick but it seems to have gone too far the other way now!!

we PS3 owers are getting screw by Codies:boxing

Nope mate!!
The publisher Have to Pay SONY to Publish There Demo Via PSN :mad:
Btw i am worried about run outs,i had faced some of horrible run outs,like it was that it is not out but still given out,some were genuine outs but not given,both batsmans man are in same end:facepalm etc

I thought the demo was better than the EA cricket game and Brian Lara such better graphics and gameplay can't wait for the full game so i can create a player and play with him in the ashes. Acheivements are better as well you can get them online unlike Brian Lara.

By the way, guys, where are Transmissions/Codies based? If it's the UK, then it's possible the PC demo could come out in the early hours of Thursday (sometime after 12 am).
Transmission are in Melbourne, Codies are I think in Leamington Spa in the West Midlands.
Has anyone had ANY joy with spinners, I had a wicket cought in the deep, and a close stumping but havent removed the bails

In fact has anyone CLEAN BOWLED an aussie?
Bowling for Australia with Hauritz I had the England batsmen in a total spin! Then again, I haven't played much on Hard.

None for me mate. Uprooted stump once but it does not fly anything like BLIC.

Some discrepencies in bat/ball collision

This post should have probably waited until I played the demo, but I thought Id say it now anyway. Just a few things I noticed watching more of the youtube vids, hopefully they have been sorted in the final build of the game.

Overall it seems that the physics/collisions of bat and ball (whatever you wanna call it) is much better than previous games, yet Id like to raise the following issues:

1. Edges to slip off fast bowlers

Its unfortunate that I havent been able to see any vids showing catches taken by the slips or even balls carrying to them off fast bowlers. And thats the point I would like to get into. I feel that the pace at which the balls come off the edges and the carry distance is quite poor. In real cricket, if a bowler is bowling at 150kph with a brand new ball and finds the edge the ball is more likely to fly OVER the slips than die midway through the air and fall short. Every edge ive seen so far off a pace bowler resulted in a weird change in trajectory of the ball as soon as it hit the edge, travel through the air for a couple of meters and then suddenly drop to the ground like an anvil.
More often than not in real cricket balls carry to the slips than fall short.

Not a very accurate representation if you ask me, hope this was part of the post-demo tweaking that is taking place.

2. "Perfect" timing against spinners

On the other end of the scale, I noticed that the whole idea of "using the pace of the ball" sort of spilled over into the mechanics against spinners where a guy would toss the ball up at 90kph and the batsman would simply lean into the shot, no follow-through, and hit the ball past the bowler for four. I dont care who you are, but that isnt possible in real life. What should realistically be a push into the outfield for one results in a boundary simply because the guy got his timing perfect. This also was hopefully sorted out in the build prior to the demo.

So yeah, just my 2 cents, will give a few more once I played the demo and check if these issues are concrete.

Last edited:
This post should have probably waited until I played the demo, but I thought Id say it now anyway. Just a few things I noticed watching more of the youtube vids, hopefully they have been sorted in the final build of the game.

Overall it seems that the physics/collisions of bat and ball (whatever you wanna call it) is much better than previous games, yet Id like to raise the following issues:

1. Edges to slip off fast bowlers

Its unfortunate that I havent been able to see any vids showing catches taken by the slips or even balls carrying to them off fast bowlers. And thats the point I would like to get into. I feel that the pace at which the balls come off the edges and the carry distance is quite poor. In real cricket, if a bowler is bowling at 150kph with a brand new ball and finds the edge the ball is more likely to fly OVER the slips than die midway through the air and fall short. Every edge ive seen so far off a pace bowler resulted in a weird change in trajectory of the ball as soon as it hit the edge, travel through the air for a couple of meters and then suddenly drop to the ground like an anvil.
More often than not in real cricket balls carry to the slips than fall short.

Not a very accurate representation if you ask me, hope this was part of the post-demo tweaking that is taking place.

2. "Perfect" timing against spinners

On the other end of the scale, I noticed that the whole idea of "using the pace of the ball" sort of spilled over into the mechanics against spinners where a guy would toss the ball up at 90kph and the batsman would simply lean into the shot, no follow-through, and hit the ball past the bowler for four. I dont care who you are, but that isnt possible in real life. What should realistically be a push into the outfield for one results in a boundary simply because the guy got his timing perfect. This also was hopefully sorted out in the build prior to the demo.

So yeah, just my 2 cents, will give a few more once I played the demo and check if these issues are concrete.

Yes, the carry to the slips seemed a bit short. Still, this demo could be up to six weeks older than the Gold build (finished game).

Users who are viewing this thread