Review Demo impressions thread

Can someone tell me what these two things are.
The white line around the field display and the black triangle that seems to follow the ball around in it.

I'd say the black triangle is where they are aiming and the white line is where the edge would go or the swing.

Yeah I must say that after playing the extended demo, I am overall very impressed with the game. But like everyone said the major draw backs are the speeds / edges and runouts. I played 2 games on hard where I only bowled, to check out exactly these issues and in one innings the AI ran themselves out 8 times and the other game 9 times!

I dont know how you guys find HARD mode but its seriously difficult to get wickets I must say. If it wasnt for the runouts the AI would probably be on like 1000/5 or something. And thats where the lack of pace is very annoying....you struggle to get wickets because the bowlers look so unthreatening floating the balls up. Its almost useless to have any slips when you bowl because the ball practically never get to them on the full. I hardly ever see any plays and misses from the AI, I realise its due to it being HARD mode but seriously....they should miss now and then and not look as if they have so much time, least of all when batting at 9, 10, 11...

How are you guys finding HARD mode? The last game I played England ended up with 427/10 with 8 runouts in the innings. Bearing in mind that im terrible at catching I drop about 5 catches a game. But i went through a phase where there wasnt a single chance given by the batsmen for over 200 runs! That makes bowling very boring because if you bowl in the yellow zone the batsman simply block or leave the ball.

Do you guys also find that you are more likely to get a wicket when you dont bowl very accurately? You need to get these guys to play and I rarely see the AI taking a chance if the ball is on a decent line and length....I suppose thats how cricket SHOULD be played in real life lol The AI's batting is far more disciplined than many real life cricketers!

Last edited:
Anyone bowl 100mph with Bree Lee? I did actually I bowled 100.8 4 times in one over and when Lee got his 5th wicket he raised the ball from his hand ala McGrath.

Oh BTW if you wanna take wickets have 4/5 fielders on the boundary and ball at a good length, it seems the AI can't always clear the fielders.

Have to disagree with you there - I've been smacked around many a time, even with the reticule bright yellow.

:DI like Monty's sad look to various parts of the field after he stumbles with the fielding, as though every one is getting on his back. Ha ha, nice touch, although it happens once to often to the poor bugger! Also like the captain's disdain when a catch goes down. No need to be able to lip read, its clear what he thinks about it. Nice little touches that give a chuckle!

Last edited by a moderator:
:DI like Monty's sad look to various parts of the field after he stumbles with the fielding, as though every one is getting on his back. Ha ha, nice touch, although it happens once to often to the poor bugger! Also like the captain's disdain when a catch goes down. No need to be able to lip read, its clear what he thinks about it. Nice little touches that give a chuckle!

There are quite a few 'lol' moments in the game, aren't there? Like when the batsman gets one right in the apples, or like the time I played the ball down the ground and hit my batting partner on the head!!

There are quite a few 'lol' moments in the game, aren't there? Like when the batsman gets one right in the apples, or like the time I played the ball down the ground and hit my batting partner on the head!!

have not seen this yet, needless to say I will be bowling a bit shorter now ;)

Ha ha, haven't had that yet. Although I have seen bowlers in a peculiar frame of mind after an umpiring decision has gone against them. They stand there looking like they are contemplating the very essence of life and the universe as a game of cricket goes on around them.:D Interesting.

Ha ha, haven't had that yet. Although I have seen bowlers in a peculiar frame of mind after an umpiring decision has gone against them. They stand there looking like they are contemplating the very essence of life and the universe as a game of cricket goes on around them.:D Interesting.

I expect a lot more fun and games in the finished release!

Has anyone hit a batsman on the head with a short ball?

Can someone tell me what these two things are.
The white line around the field display and the black triangle that seems to follow the ball around in it.

The white line around the field shows the wind direction..
The black triangle is the direction of the shot you are going to play.. So you can place in which ever direction you want with the analogue stick.. Time it bad and it can go into the hands of the fielder even though you pointed it in the gap..

wow, now that i know about the wind I get the ball to swing like crazy! bowling out swingers with the wind is awesome, Prior almost collects the ball at 1st slip!

well..what i found from the DEMO is..lords cricket ground is like MCG.,its very huge..
in fact lords is the smaller in size,,if you drive or push you can get a boundary..

They are perfect in showing lords structures & buildup. But i would love to see variations of grounds in the final version...That can make a feeling of you are playing in particular ground...NZ ground smaller, wide & broad adelaide ground...

I just bowled an entire innings on hard. The AI was paced for a good 50 over score. They got over 300 in under 50 overs. All of the top batsman scored well but also gave chances. I dropped Hussey early and he went on to make a big score. There were a few run outs, no doubt they would have scored 450+ without the run outs. The tail also wagged quite a bit. I had the ball almost down to 75% wear before I bowled them out so I did not get to try the reverse swing.
Has anyone tried the reverse swing yet?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread