Desert Rain

lol, snow in the desert :D

Although a while ago........... (thousands of years so I don't remember it..quite.)

we nearly moved to Jordan, dad got offered a job there, glad we didn't go, wouldn't like to be a Westerner in Middle East. (Don't have a problem with the people or area btw.)

Pak_cricketer said:
If you think snow is cool, wait untill you have to pick it up and clean your Driveway! That is a pain in the neck! :(
I totally agree with you
I would love to move to Dubai...its a great place even though its hot there in summer its still fun. I went there this summer n it was great....AC in every place:P

Pak_cricketer said:
If you think snow is cool, wait untill you have to pick it up and clean your Driveway! That is a pain in the neck! :(

We just get damn Ice down here. The number of cuts and bruises I have from walking to college is unbelieveable! I'm not that keen on sunshine because I get migraines from heat. That's why this year we will be holidaying in Norway! :D

Zorax Doom should try living in Manchester, we get rain, rain and.. rain! All year round!

Yeh what with the severe water shortage we'll have this year.........

Haha yep you got that right lol. Weather is very random in england, quite a few years ago i remember it snowed in June! and last year we got temperatures of 35 degrees C lol.

We get a water shortage if it doesnt rain for 5 minutes, we are so used to relying on it.

We are an island with water shortages... how about using purified sea water! I bet nobody thought of that!

What a job though, purifying sea water. Maybe we should implement that Hong Kong idea, which is to use seawater to flush toilets or something. Itd cost LOADS to purify enough seawater.

embi said:
What a job though, purifying sea water. Maybe we should implement that Hong Kong idea, which is to use seawater to flush toilets or something. Itd cost LOADS to purify enough seawater.
You are exactly correct there. I think the Australian Prime Minister recently mentioned something about the water purification issues. There should be a more easier and inexpensive way of achieving fresh water.

On the lines of water saving issues, up in rural Victoria (my state), most of the houses there have water tanks to collect water. And people water their gardens with bore water etc which comes from underground. On the other hand - in Melbourne we use water from the dams to do everything and we only get fresh water!
Maybe all houses everyone should have water tanks and secondary (unclean) water sources like in rural Victoria? What do we all think.

By the way, there was a good storm near my house last night.

Last edited:
It rains here hardly twice a year!!!But when it rains,It rains quite heavily!!!!

There waz snow in Ras-Al-Khaimah lin 2004...December...I think it waz first time in U.A.E. and maybe last...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Users who are viewing this thread