Designing an AI Engine for Cricket

I think we need adaptive AI ............its very important part of every game...........and graphic / animation are not much important in the game specialy offline game we need this Adaptive AI

I guess the first post is what you are looking for? Did you even read that?

I guess the first post is what you are looking for? Did you even read that?

Dear, 'Associate Captain'
You are absolutely right but what i do? that the final way i can share my views ...... actually I can't start my new conversation ...so i want share my views about this game .......Please can you spread my views to all other respective members? .

WHAT I SAYS.....

I am a big fan of Don Bradman Cricket 17 game so now i have discussed about Adaptive AI , i think previous game (Don Bradman Cricket 14) Adaptive AI is missing , so newer version of game (Don Bradman Cricket 17) i want including in the game because it's a necessary part of the game specially offline game (AI VS Humans)

I think you know about AI Adaptive, if you making more realistic game you must need it .AI mind is capturing opponents plans during run chase .

Conclusion is AI adapt human mind plans like batting ,bowling, also fielding That its ... so please please , including Adaptive AI feature in Don Bradman Cricket 17

Thank You

I think that after receiving so many suggestions from different users about the dynamics of the DBC 14 game Big Ant Studios can definitely make a better game or any other gaming company for that matter but its just about money. Big Ant don't have so much funds just now that they can make the game realistic by improving the AI or improving the gaming engine or adding real physics like EA does in FIFA .
Even if you see the game requires only 3gb of your disk space. This has to increase if they want to make a better game but for doing so they need more money.
After few years when they would have earned much more money with this game they will surely be able to make the best and realistic cricket game ever.
Its just about time and some more DBC versions year by year.
BTW in DBC 2014 they added the most realistic feature in a cricket game which was missing before that in any other game i.e. bowling marker not shown beforehand when batting and bowling because this is actually not possible in real cricket
This shows that Big Ant Studios team is looking after making the game realistic much more but according to the funds that they have.

I think that after receiving so many suggestions from different users about the dynamics of the DBC 14 game Big Ant Studios can definitely make a better game or any other gaming company for that matter but its just about money. Big Ant don't have so much funds just now that they can make the game realistic by improving the AI or improving the gaming engine or adding real physics like EA does in FIFA .
Even if you see the game requires only 3gb of your disk space. This has to increase if they want to make a better game but for doing so they need more money.
After few years when they would have earned much more money with this game they will surely be able to make the best and realistic cricket game ever.
Its just about time and some more DBC versions year by year.
BTW in DBC 2014 they added the most realistic feature in a cricket game which was missing before that in any other game i.e. bowling marker not shown beforehand when batting and bowling because this is actually not possible in real cricket
This shows that Big Ant Studios team is looking after making the game realistic much more but according to the funds that they have.

My dear friend .....its not true .....i believe Big ant studios have much more more fund to provide Real realistic game .......in modern day game technology is already adapt "New Adaptive AI Technology"
Actually this is technology terms no need to much money for this game because its is not animation part its a Mathematics(Technology) Part .....

Easy Language of this way ......

A= Artificial
I= intelligence

Adapt mean = AI(CPU) Read the mind of human and adapt the Match situation they play sensible mind , lots of thing is accurate work .....that is.........

So if include in future Adaptive AI is much more.. more.. more...realistic game provide to us, is awesome for offline users in any format

So, please please i want "big ant studio" manger think about my suggestion

My dear friend .....its not true .....i believe Big ant studios have much more more fund to provide Real realistic game .......in modern day game technology is already adapt "New Adaptive AI Technology"
Actually this is technology terms no need to much money for this game because its is not animation part its a Mathematics(Technology) Part .....

Easy Language of this way ......

A= Artificial
I= intelligence

Adapt mean = AI(CPU) Read the mind of human and adapt the Match situation they play sensible mind , lots of thing is accurate work .....that is.........

So if include in future Adaptive AI is much more.. more.. more...realistic game provide to us, is awesome for offline users in any format

So, please please i want "big ant studio" manger think about my suggestion
Bro but I still think that they left so many glitches and loopholes untouched on purpose in the DBC 2014 version.
they would have definitely known about the fielding glitches or slip catching or stump problems or awkward batting stances before releasing the game.
The only reason they didn't fix those issues was because of lack of money.
I once searched on internet about big ant studios gaming history and they had failed miserably in terms of sales in all the other games that they developed.
It was only after the release of DBC game that they earned so much.

I once searched on internet about big ant studios gaming history and they had failed miserably in terms of sales in all the other games that they developed.
It was only after the release of DBC game that they earned so much

Those are some startling statements to make, even more startling given that your source is the internet where reliable information isn't available to every John Doe.

Those are some startling statements to make, even more startling given that your source is the internet where reliable information isn't available to every John Doe.
I'm only saying that the number of suggestions / improvements / adjustments that the people want to see in the next DBC version is not possible because Big Ant studios is not a EA or Codemasters kind of gaming company that have that kind of skilled personnel and that much funds .
If the same idea of creating a more realistic cricket game had been taken by EA or Codemasters then they would have definitely made a better game out of this DBC 14 version.
I'm not saying that Big Ant doesn't have the ability to do the same but it will just take a few more DBC versions to perfectly create a better game.

I'm only saying that the number of suggestions / improvements / adjustments that the people want to see in the next DBC version is not possible because Big Ant studios is not a EA or Codemasters kind of gaming company that have that kind of skilled personnel and that much funds .
If the same idea of creating a more realistic cricket game had been taken by EA or Codemasters then they would have definitely made a better game out of this DBC 14 version.
I'm not saying that Big Ant doesn't have the ability to do the same but it will just take a few more DBC versions to perfectly create a better game.
Well I don't want to take this thread further off topic... but I just have to say how much I disagree with this post. I'm not sure how you can say any of that without seeing any gameplay whatsoever from DBC17. In fact what we've seen from the Academy suggests most of the general suggestions have been taken on board.

1) EA are more focused on money. Unlike them BA are more sincere in creating a base for a game and listening to their fans. BA has extremely skilled personnel too. EA ofcourse has more funds than BA but that does not mean they are going to put them all into producing a cricket game. If I'm not wrong, the amount they spent on the games excluding the expensive licenses would probably be on a similar scale to that of what BA spends. BA wins out by providing us with amazing gameplay which EA would have never approved off. And just so you know, BA did went to EA to finance the project but they rejected it saying they would take up only projects that could sell 1.5 million copies at a minimum. Keywords for EA here: Money, Business.

2) With all due respect to Chief and other good technicians of Codemasters, their cricket games since BLC99 weren't as fun as the EA ones (personal opinion). But they both tried to follow the same model...until BA proved how wrong they were. Keyword for BA here: Revolutionary.

3) DBC14 is already the best cricket game ever created. Although it was majorly lacking in the visual department, it has been tremendously overhauled for DBC17. And with that current gen updates for all of the gameplay esp. fielding overhaul, dynamic batting lineups and not to mention the amount of content in Academy...Logo creator and Stadium creator...dude! you don't have to worry about licenses anymore. If it were EA, they would have made these two the only updates for a next iteration and sold the game. I also read about BA securing their own mo-cap studio...which is very interesting. I'm waiting to see how the animations are going to be improved.

To counter your EA vs Codemasters vs DBC point, rishabh, EA will ONLY step in when they smell a market for cricket and better hope they don't; they are corporate minded; they make a product to their taste and try to sell it, while BA makes a product for the audience, actively involves them with the development and makes sure they are happy. And if I'm right, Codemasters have gone full on into racing sim. So they have moved away for good. Thus, BA>>EA.

P.S. BA is putting all their effort to make a game for US. If you think something can be improved, you should tell them; it's your prerogative. They shall determine when to introduce or how to; it's their prerogative as they know best. Instead don't come here and tutor us all on how a different company could have done it better. They...don't...care.

Last edited:
Big Ant studios is not a EA or Codemasters kind of gaming company that have that kind of skilled personnel and that much funds .

And they both sucked at making cricket games bar blc 99 even which had its own share of problems!

Bigant has some of the most skilled and dedicated talent there, They literally negated the need for license with academy and player sharing!

Now they are bringing modding on a scale to console that none par bethesda has tried so far!

DBC and Rocket league has better physics than fifa and its elasticband physics!

the amount of things they have done so far is way better than ea has ever done for cricket video gaming!

There are 3 things that stand out about BA

1) genuine innovation - the new batting/bowling systems, academy etc.
2) fan engagement / listening - in a genuine sense. From jardine's harlequin cap to online save & resume, stuff we suggested made into the shipped game, then things like slog sweep and square drive were patched in after
3) continuous support - DBC14 ended up light years from the day 1 shipped version. "Patch 3" was almost DBC16 for free. Even regarding AI (coming back slightly on topic) - the AI we ended up with was miles better than the superman fielding, suicidal runouting, constant field changing one we started with.

I think also you can see from things like the mo-cap investment that while they may not be a behemoth like EA they aren't hobbyists on a shoestring either. They are a serious dev studio with an excellent track history in sports games.

2) fan engagement / listening - in a genuine sense. From jardine's harlequin cap to online save & resume, stuff we suggested made into the shipped game, then things like slog sweep and square drive were patched in after
3) continuous support - DBC14 ended up light years from the day 1 shipped version. "Patch 3" was almost DBC16 for free. Even regarding AI (coming back slightly on topic) - the AI we ended up with was miles better than the superman fielding, suicidal runouting, constant field changing one we started with.

I think also you can see from things like the mo-cap investment that while they may not be a behemoth like EA they aren't hobbyists on a shoestring either. They are a serious dev studio with an excellent track history in sports games.
Nailed it. End of. Thread done.

And they both sucked at making cricket games bar blc 99 even which had its own share of problems!

Bigant has some of the most skilled and dedicated talent there, They literally negated the need for license with academy and player sharing!

Now they are bringing modding on a scale to console that none par bethesda has tried so far!

DBC and Rocket league has better physics than fifa and its elasticband physics!

the amount of things they have done so far is way better than ea has ever done for cricket video gaming!

Hello blockerdave , I think most important part of any game is 'Adaptive AI' Both( EA and DBC) Game developers Need Better AI response for offline users ...previous game DBC 14 AI better than Ea Sports, but new technology is available in present, so why not use in the Future
.....so i hope use Adaptive AI technology in future DBC 17 Game ......so friend whats your view about my view...still i wait for your views and other anyone .....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread