*Detailed* Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi HBK,
Can you elaborate a bit more on how to play lofted shots? What I understand so far is that left stick controls footwork, right stick controls the shot direction and the triggers (L1, L2, R1, R2) determine the shot power and special shots. So how exactly do we play lofted shots? It's not quite clear and a more in depth explanation might help.

----------

I don't think anyone actually said they don't know what they are doing... it's more about getting insight into what and how they've done it.

Oh I'm not saying anyone has actually said that - it was more said in a positive 'finally someone is doing this stuff correctly' kind of way

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Oh I'm not saying anyone has actually said that - it was more said in a positive 'finally someone is doing this stuff correctly' kind of way

That's for sure. Can't wait to get my hands on the game! Hopefully we get the game in October :cheers

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
a)Is there a timing meter in the game for batting and fielding [to catch and throw the ball to the keeper or even a direct hit]?

b)Does Fatigue range varies in T20 and in tests like a player bowls 2 to 3 overs in a T20 and fatigues fast compared to a bowler bowling 7 overs on the trot in a test match?

a. There isn't a meter as such, but timing your throw at the point of pick up is important. There are different buttons for if you want to throw at the person at the stumps or the stumps directly, timing/attributes/fatigue will be key to getting the ball back well.

b. It doesn't change based on the match type, it'll depend how much they've done in the match, likelyhood is that they need to run around more in a T20 than a test match, so fatigue will affect more because of that. But we don't make someone less fit in a short form game than a test match.

----------

I've posted several times before on overcast = more swing actually being a proven myth. It has been in previous games though, or at least I've read in the manuals of the EA games that it is meant to have an effect. Has this made it into Bradman 14? (I won't berate you if it has haha).

How fast you bowl, how well you shine, and how much moisture on the ball will have the greatest affect. Clouds could mean it's been raining or will rain, so that could have an effect. Clouds could mean cooler temperatures, that might have an affect on the bowlers.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Thanks for the reply..:D

a)Will the batsman try to take quick singles and doubles if a fielder is kind of slow or do they wait for bad balls to score runs?

b)Quick singles mentality is based on batsman aggressiveness or every batsman try to take those quick singles in a test match?

c)Will the bowlers find it difficult to hold the ball like they are finding it hard at Ranchi in CLT20?

Last edited:

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Hi, The players Attributes and Skills will change when we get the game because we have maximized some players skills level, Are we going to see change in the Attributes and Skills level we have set for the players?? Kind regards

Rydalls

School Cricketer
WIND

Does the wind play a part in the delivery? For example will swing and speed be increased/decreased depending on the wind direction?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
hi mikey,

can you please clarify whether the game distinguishes between reverse and conventional swing from a skills point of view? does a high swing skill mean you have equal skill conventional and reverse?

have you answered the question about spin? i.e. is offbreak for a legspinner a googly and legbreak for an offspinner a doosra? (i think you hinted at that.)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For bowling( spinners vs pacers ) - does the conditions like 'under light' or 'under dew' matters? Especially in subcontinent conditions.

Hi Mike//team- Am really interested to know this as it looks like we have developed the bowling mechanics with different variable factors, which is sounding interesting!

D

Dutch

once again we are unable to keep a thread from turning into one of the many many other GENERAL DISCUSSION threads. Use one of those for GENERAL DISCUSSION. If you are unsure, read the first post. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi HBK,
Can you elaborate a bit more on how to play lofted shots? What I understand so far is that left stick controls footwork, right stick controls the shot direction and the triggers (L1, L2, R1, R2) determine the shot power and special shots. So how exactly do we play lofted shots? It's not quite clear and a more in depth explanation might help.
Ok, so first off, I think people need to get the ideas and concepts of past cricket games out of their heads and remember that this is different to anything ever before (at least as far as I know anyway!).

There is no 'lofted shot' button.

So this was what was mentioned earlier:
Let's say you need to score 18 to win off the last over and want to loft everything, can you do it? I want the ability to loft every delivery if I choose to do so rather than the game/AI deciding for me which shots are lofted and which aren't.
You want the ability to loft every delivery if you choose.

You definitely have the 'ability' to do so. Whether you 'will', is another thing.

Every cricket player in the real world has the 'ability' to loft every ball. But obviously there are factors that play against that happening. Whether this person was saying they want a button to do so or not, I'm not 100% clear, but you DO have the 'ability' to loft shots if the circumstances line up. Just like real cricket though, if you mis-time, are out of position, edge it, get a great delivery, etc. etc. etc. you won't be able to loft the ball (or you might, but it could be a pissy shot).

As for how you can play a lofted shot if the opportunity arises, you can generally loft the ball from almost any shot modifier other than the defensive one.

Hopefully that clears up at least some of the confusion. Really, it's very hard to tell much more without you knowing how everything works (and I don't want to spoil it either!;)).

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i don't want to moan, any information is good information... but this thread was set up for bowling/skills, specifically in response to a number of questions from me, superfreddie (and someone else, forget who) and most of those original specific questions haven't been answered...

i.e.

are the current skills in CA final, i.e. will there be a way to differentiate between conventional swing skill and reverse swing skill in the final product?

if a bowler has high inswing skill, will this mean he can bowl outswing when it reverses even if his outswing skill is low?

how can we reflect bowlers like mcgrath and ambrose who did not really swing the ball but were 2 of the best bowlers ever. i am guessing high "throw" accuracy and high straight seam ability?

how do deal with left/right hand skills? i.e. is inswing skill always about swinging it in to a right hand batsman, regardless of bowler being left/right? is a left arm orthodox spin considered offbreak or legbreak?
----
new questions:

how does straight seam interact with the other skills? e.g. i guess you need to have a straight seam to get swing? for someone like mitchell johnson who can sometimes (not often) swing it a lot, should he have high swing but low straight seam?

again using johnson as an example, my big concern over "throw" accuracy reflecting fielding and bowling skill is johnson has a great arm and is a terrific deep fielder but his bowling accuracy is erratic so we can't really reflect that - is that likely to change?

i am still pretty much in the dark over how to populate my players skills

Last edited:

cricketrulz

Banned
Can rain spoil a test match or ODI?
Can we bring the wicket-keeper up to the stumps like we can control the Goalie in Fifa?
Does rain affect the pitch or outfield?
Is DRS available in all 3 formats?
Is there dew in the game? Can the seam get wet making it difficult to grip the ball?
Some questions!! :wave

Last edited:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Is there a difference in batting animation between an aggressive lofted shot and an aggressive along the ground shot? Or is the animation same with the physics playing its part on the ball?

And can we play lofted chip shot? Over the infield but not give it enough power to reach the fielder on the outfield by controlling the power of the shot

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Lofted shot mechanics need to be explained. Its creating confusion. I am sure Bigant have implemented it well but sharing of details will be a good way to address the ambiguity around here regarding the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread