*Detailed* Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossy333

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So, when we look at the attributes we need to consider level as well. A player could have a maxed out Front Foot but if he is only level 1, that would mean a player with minimum Front Foot on level 5 might actually be better than the level 1 player...

It might seem obvious, but just getting an understanding on how it all works.

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Is a manual gonna come with the game, and how much information will be in it. Some games just tell you to go online for the manual which annoys me cos I like to have a good read first. The Football Manager series used to give you loads of info but now it's like a leaflet!!

I think most of our previous games have had good size manuals, I personally believe Cricket needs deserves a bigger one

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The skill helmets only seem to go up to 3 - does that mean the 4/5 player rankings are somehow restricted or do the helmets mean something else?

D

Dutch

I think most of our previous games have had good size manuals, I personally believe Cricket needs deserves a bigger one

Thats great to hear. I love going through all the details in the manuals, usually picking up things weeks later that I had read wrong or not read at all! Thanks for taking the time again Mike to answer all the questions. A good read again.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Any plans to introduce further attributes/skills to help differentiate between throwing accuracy/bowling accuracy and conventional/reverse swing?

Not at this stage for either, Swing has a number of elements that affect it, that i'll go into more detail next week on the Big Ant Forum (I think we've neglected them a bit too much and I'll put some exclusive stuff on there)

----------

I would imagine the higher your straight seam skill is, the better chance he can swing it. Also might be helpful for seamers!!!! As he' be more able to pitch the ball on the seam

yep, but arm speed is important on swing, without the speed of delivery swing isn't gonna happen, and you also need extra for those reverse swing balls.

we've got the 153kmph delivery, that's possible in the game, so you can work back from that to work out potential delivery speeds for bowlers. I'll have to double check the min fast bowler, and max/min medium pace speeds on Monday so you can work out the ranges.

DAP1987

School Cricketer
I have a couple of questions :)

Are test matches realistic? have u found them taking 5 days and it taking 100+ overs to bowl a team out?

How long would you say it takes to play a full days play in a test match?

Thanks.

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi Mike,

Just trying to understand the helmet rating. When I gave greame swann his rating, I gave him a good arm ball rating and good offspin rating, but no slider or flipper. I think because of this his helmet was only a 3. Is this the right thing to do as he is obviously a very good test player. Just because he can't bowl certain deliveries does not make him an average player.

I think similarly when a good bowler has fairly good batting skills he gets classed as an allrounder and his helmet rating drops suddenly. Will players with a 3 rating perform poorly at international level?

Edit: I've just realised an even more extreme example would be Monty Panesar, I have rated him highly for offspin, topspin and bowling accuracy, but low in everything else, which I'm sure you'll agree is pretty accurate. The only problem is this gives him a helmet rating of 1. Now will this mean during career mode for example he won't get close to playing for England and probably not even feature for his county side. I'm a bit worried about this helmet rating and how much baring it will have on the game.

Last edited:

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Hi, i would like to ask about the bowling action. Is there variety in bowling styles i mean we will be able to experience many different bowling styles or there will be lots similarity in the bowling actions ?? what about the batting styles or stance ??? Is there any option in DBC 14 or in the future CA where we will get an option to choose a batting or bowling styles. Kind regards

There are a number of styles, but not enough to set that as an option per bowler, I'd love to have enough Variety in the PS4/Xbox One version though to do this.

Hunbbel

Club Captain
You pick one national team and stick with it.

What about the county/state teams then? A recent example can be taken from Jos Butler's move to Lancs. He wasn't seeing an opportunity in his former team to be a regular wicket-keeper and that's why he opted for another state team. Will that be a possibility in the game?

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
The issue was that ball was like a soap to hold on and bowl [Said by Ashwin in the match]...Seam got very wet as the dew was very high in Ranchi....:yes

wow, ok, well no we won't have that. got to be able to bowl the ball. I can see the online excuse now for griefing -sorry I couldn't bowl, but the ball was too wet :-)

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Adding another question related to career mode, I've asked this 3 times before but no answer. Hoping to get answer this time around :).

How does career mode work for Asian players? because there are only IPL teams present in CA which i don't think will come in to picture during career mode.

Sorry guys, I know I've jumped a couple to get to this - and this will be the last for tonight - my wife is asking (and don't take this the wrong way) why I'm still talking to the Cricket Nuts. :-)

To answer this question - initially we have English and Aus teams in the career, but you will have complete flexibility to put your own teams in the career structure.

DeadShot

Club Captain
You pick one national team and stick with it.

how does it work for Indian player? I don't see domestic team in CA apart from IPL teams.

----------

To answer this question - initially we have English and Aus teams in the career, but you will have complete flexibility to put your own teams in the career structure.

Thanks for answering. Good to know we have flexibility to put our own teams in Career structure.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
yep, but arm speed is important on swing, without the speed of delivery swing isn't gonna happen, and you also need extra for those reverse swing balls.

we've got the 153kmph delivery, that's possible in the game, so you can work back from that to work out potential delivery speeds for bowlers. I'll have to double check the min fast bowler, and max/min medium pace speeds on Monday so you can work out the ranges.[/QUOTE]

I watched a demo on sky sports during the ashes that said the ball will swing most around 70mph. The reason it's harder to play a faster bowler is obviously the pace and the lateness if the swing.i don't think it's the same for reverse swing though as you need that effort from the pacer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread