Dhoni Vs KP ; ODIs

Who is the better ODI player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Jaz, this is the guy who thinks all the staff here are racist and out to get him. I am sure it just went missing :rolleyes:

Don't be angry if you can't prove KP better. My evidence is just too strong. Let me tell you, instead of posting these useless comments, try to prove my evidence wrong.

I have, and you ignored it. "All the stats are in Pietersen's favour. His overall average is higher, his average against proper teams is better, his average with not outs taken off is higher, he's scored more hundreds in less games, Pietersen's record is better after 50 games a piece. The only thing Dhoni has on Pietersen is strike rate. Pietersen is far better"

As soon as you reply to that you'll get a useful reply.

I have, and you ignored it. "All the stats are in Pietersen's favour. His overall average is higher, his average against proper teams is better, his average with not outs taken off is higher, he's scored more hundreds in less games, Pietersen's record is better after 50 games a piece. The only thing Dhoni has on Pietersen is strike rate. Pietersen is far better"

As soon as you reply to that you'll get a useful reply.
Let me ask you. What are stats for? Players get their stats up to become a good cricketer. which means top everyone in the ranking. Ranking shows Dhoni at no.1 while KP at no.7 How did you prove it wrong? You have just helped me!

Thanks for replying to my post on the end of page 8, Saurav...
Not going to reply to useless posts. If you prove my edivence wrong then i will reply otherwise i won't.

Unless you prove why the logic used by the ICC rankings is greater than that provided by King Pietersen, your argument falls flat.

Unless you prove why the logic used by the ICC rankings is greater than that provided by King Pietersen, your argument falls flat.
the whole world acepts ICC rankings. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not. I don't have to prove it right because its by ICC. If they don't make correct lists of rankings then why do we have them? ICC ranking is not enought just to prove KP useless? Highlander already accepted he is useless. I got people turn on my side but no1 turned from Dhoni to KP. Also, "a batter getting out to useless bowler is quite useless". Its not said by me but KP himself so he thinks he is a useless batter.

lol don't bother King Cricket. Seriously. I've had enough of trying to convince people that Sehwag isn't a lucky home slogger, Hayden isn't a rubbish test openner because he played for Australia and now this.

^^ I quite agree that KP is a better batsman. Dhoni is a better over-all player. Good keeper, very good batsman and so far good captaincy.

So you think comparing a no 3 batsman with a finisher is logical? How often does a finisher get his chance to bat? And even when he does how often does he have enough time left with him to shape his innings slowly and steadily? Whereas a no 3 batsman comes at one down, and has almost the entire match left to build his innings. Don't you think we are being a bit unfair about MSD?

PIETERSEN IS A NUMBER 4 NOT A NUMBER 3.

Pretty sure I've said that at least 3 times in this thread to you. The number 6-7 has an advantage statistically though, as Dhoni's average is massively inflated due to a series of not out scores, hence Pietersen's average at #5.

I can't reply to you because i have no idea what your point is. Type in english will you? clearly state your point and watch my comment on it. Also, don't be ignorant just ebcause your national teams: Australia and Pakistan are worthless. Especially Pakistan, worst team ever.

OMG, you make me want to rip my hair out! How can anyone be so stupid!? You are clearly the Indian equivalent of Aussie_Ben now. The national team thing is a joke. Can you get that through your thick little head? My english is far, far superior to your trash talk (biggest understatement in the history of mankind). You are so blind it is not even funny. My english is fine, you just don't have any way in which to reply to that post.

PIETERSEN IS A NUMBER 4 NOT A NUMBER 3.

Pretty sure I've said that at least 3 times in this thread to you. The number 6-7 has an advantage statistically though, as Dhoni's average is massively inflated due to a series of not out scores, hence Pietersen's average at #5.

Nope, two times :p Sorry, Yeah, he's a no 4. But still the comparison is a bit unfair. A finisher with a no 4 don't match. A more logical comparison would have been KP vs Kallis or MSD vs McCullam.

Guys, chill out everyone. Its obvious KP is a better player, you cannot compare the two of them. The only thing that Dhoni is better at is captaincy/keeping. Dhoni is a great player, but anyone who thinks he is a better batsmen than KP knows nothing about cricket.

OMG, you make me want to rip my hair out! How can anyone be so stupid!? You are clearly the Indian equivalent of Aussie_Ben now. The national team thing is a joke. Can you get that through your thick little head? My english is far, far superior to your trash talk (biggest understatement in the history of mankind). You are so blind it is not even funny. My english is fine, you just don't have any way in which to reply to that post.

You are clearly the Indian equivalent of Aussie_Ben now.
No, that is Precambrian. :p

How can anyone be so stupid!?

They can, you have just seen with your own eyes:p

No, that is Precambrian. :p

Precamb is actually funny. Plus, he's trying to be funny.

shravi added 1 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Guys, chill out everyone. Its obvious KP is a better player, you cannot compare the two of them. The only thing that Dhoni is better at is captaincy/keeping. Dhoni is a great player, but anyone who thinks he is a better batsmen than KP knows nothing about cricket.

This is only to do with ODIs and hence the argument is valid. Dhoni is the #1 batsman in the rankings so he can match KP in ODIs. The rankings do have some loopholes but it is an indication that he can compete with KP in ODIs. A competition/debate, that either could win really.

you cannot compare the two of them.

Quite right

but anyone who thinks he is a better batsmen than KP knows nothing about cricket.

You can't compare a finisher with a no 4, mate. Then you are being really unfair to Dhoni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread