Story Diary of a Madman - random waffle and scores from various cricket games

What you doing then, Sajid? Hopefully you keep this story going rather than no story going as it is a good read. :)

England have started their bowling innings well but will need their spinners to carry that on, as you said. They're definitely at top but need to get these two batsmen out.

Good stuff, mate.

Dazzling Nazir launches devastating blitzkrieg on Australian bowling attack

Not wanting to waste a good headline, I am posting this scorecard which features an amazing innings by Imran Nazir.

Yousuf Youhana/Mohammad Yousuf was injured, and just about every other candidate for a middle order spot was out with injury or illness (there were at least 10 middle order batsmen injured, and they were all players who played for Pakistan during the 2002 to 2005 period), so there was really no option other than picking Nazir and playing him at 3 and shifting Younis Khan down to number 4. Even though it was my only realistic option, I will still take credit for what turned out to be an "inspired selection".

I went on to stuff this match up with stupid bowling and lots of cheating (pressing of the Ctrl/Alt/Delete keys), so I quit, but decided to post this scorecard because it may be my only chance to ever use this headline.

dazzlingnazirblitzesaus.png

imrannazirunibrow.jpg

Fired up by comments about his uni-brow, Imran Nazir launched a devastating blitzkrieg on the Australian bowling attack.

Last edited:
Paul Adams resurrects career as pace bowler

Former South African left arm chinaman Paul Adams has turned to pace bowling in an attempt to resurrect his international career.
Perhaps the most astonishing part of this is that he has become a genuinely quick right armer, with a slinging action not unlike Sri Lankan pace merchant Lasith Malinga.
Take a look at the photo of him slinging one down right handed from around the wicket for yourself, seeing is believing.

74458918.png

Paul Adams about to sling down a right arm scorcher from around the wicket.

Last edited:
Hayden keen to renew love affair with Gabba wicket

Australian opening batsman Matthew Hayden spoke with excitement today about renewing his love affair with the Gabba wicket, which has been the scene of many of his finest conquests.

80981.jpg

Matthew Hayden renews his love affair with the Gabba wicket.

Last edited:
PAKISTAN ROUT PATHETIC AUSTRALIA

Pakistan have thumped Australia in a 20/20 match.
Here is the score, I feel too lazy to crap on about it.
Rar rar, Mohammad Aamer, rar.

Pakistan 5-178 (20 overs)

Shoaib Malik 84, Shahid Afridi 31*, Fawad Alam 28

S.Tait 2-42, D.Warner 1-10

Australia 138 all out (19.4 overs)

B.Hodge 41, D.Hussey 39, D.Warner 18

Mohammad Aamer 6-26, Shahid Afridi 2-20, Umar Gul 2-30

Pakistan won by 40 runs.

Man of the match: Mohammad Aamer (rar!)

(It was played on CC2009 btw)

Last edited:
PAKISTAN OFF TO STEADY START TO TOUR

Pakistan got off to a steady start to their tour of England (in 1999!?!), by reaching the first drinks break in their 4 day match against Yorkshire without loss.

Gough bowled like a trollop.
Hoggard got frustrated after 1.2 overs and banged in 5 bouncers in a row, then suffered from white line fever in an attempt to prove he had not "lost his zip" and bowled a succession of no balls and a wide.
Sidebottom was steady and boring (as usual).
Hamilton bowled like a man who took no wickets in his only test.

Shadab Kabir and Salim Elahi calmy picked off runs with little trouble (apart from when Hoggard pinged Elahi in the head 3 times in one over).

Drinks:

Pakistan 54/0 (14 overs)

Salim Elahi 24*(44 balls) 1 four
Shadab Kabir 26* (40 balls) 1 four

Playing on Cricket 07 on 5 Star level btw (reassigning controllers to make bowling changes so Michael Vaughan doesn't "randomly" bowl 42 overs of his bog standard offspin).

Reached about 3-414 in this game, got a bit bored, so am heading back to 1996 to play my weird 4 star bat for both teams arcade version of the game I have crapped on about elsewhere in these forums.

So, the setting is 1996, in a post match fixing cleanout of world cricket, which has resulted in many players being banned for this and other sins.

Banned Players in 1996 include:

Salim Malik - links to bookmakers
Ijaz Ahmed - links to Salim Malik (some people will get that one)
Mike Atherton - dirt in his pocket

Users who are viewing this thread