Different batting shots

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
Playing on PS2 most of my runs come from leg/hip glance..cover drive..square cut/drive..sweep and "advance" shots when the field is pushed out towards boundary. Most of these go for singles or a quick 2....feels good when you get it right in the slot and it goes for a 4. Hardly ever use lofted shots unless I am chasing runs in the latter part of the innings.

Its great when you get batsmans confidence up and most of your shots find the gaps.

I never seem to hit the hook shot or the deflected shot/glance down to third man. Currently playing on medium difficulty..I can't hit a cows backside on the hardest level.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I also have the game on PS2:)

Too bad I sold me PS2 a few weeks ago and haven't got me hands on the PC version...

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Legendary game, if only it had the look of Cricket 07 with all its kits updates etc it would be awesome. Enjoying it on PC ATM.

thesweepmaster

Club Cricketer
On the PS2, I was always a good cutter of the ball, on front and back foot but what i noticed on the hard level that you could play the cover drive with "the 6-hit button" from the start of the innings and it always got you at least a 4, even with the tailenders 8 times out of 10 it got you a boundary.
To answer your question, Benauds appreci, yes you can play the reverse sweep with "the 6-hit button" and the buttons that would leadthe shot to 3rd man.

prash2cool

School Cricketer
i hate them yorkers my heart goes in my mouth

I generally play sweep shots of yorkers......... even of fast bolwoers........ specially when there is no fielder on the legside boundary..........
play it as late as possible and you can easily get 4's of yorkers........

playing it early....... you may hit it in the air :p

Users who are viewing this thread