Discuss about your upcoming Exams

Gurjot95

National Board President
As my upcoming first Board exams are coming so I want your opinions and some discussion about it of How you face your exams and what we really have to do?

All the Best for Upcoming Exams

Last edited:
Got 2 retakes in January and 1 module for this year.

First retake is the Russian Revolution sources paper, I got a high B in it, subsequently a B overall in History last year by 4 marks. So re-taking it to get those 4 marks, get myself up to an A and earn myself another easy 20 points for UCAS on the back of it. It's the same deal with the European Politics module I'm redoing.

And finally, a Media module this year on Licensing and Tv broadcast payment, which as with all of media is just common sense and can be breezed through.

Got finals coming up on Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday in all my AP classes. I slacked off and now I have mid 80's in all the classes, making me in a crappy position ATM. I have to get 100's on ALL my tests to get into my A range. Stuffed up for the first time in my high school career, and I will rue it.

Lets have that little glimmer of hope and go for the 100%'s. I can't miss a single point in over 450 questions combined...

I have some exams in a few weeks. Kind of wishing I could do A Levels again, nice and easy :D Don't fancy having to write as much as you can on a certain subject as I will just end up waffling :(

Re-sits thursday and friday (Unit 3 in AQA biology and chemistry)

I got a C in the biology and a D in the chemistry. But my courswork for both was quite poor, so I think (semi-educated guess) I got a B and C in the respective exams, and the coursework dragged it down.

Hard to motivate myself to revise for the biology as I still got an A overall (aced the other two modules). Could do with picking up 10-15 marks though as the unit 4 exams are tough.

Chemistry is a little tougher. Need to work for that but I can re-sit again in june if necessary (re-sitting modules 1+2 then, too) so not too worried.

Unit 4 in both subjects around the 20th of january. Once the unit 3s are out of the way I'll knuckle down to work on module 4.

I turn 18 on the 29th Jan. So until then I am laying off the ale so I can focus on work (not had a drink since the 2nd) with the intention of spending 29th - summer study leave partying away.

My exams are starting from 18th January. The best time to study is one night before the day of your exam....

Enough to maintain 3.0 GPA..:)

My Exam begin on the 25th of February still enough time to study :)

Hey Rahul Board exams ? are you in Maharashtra?

My board exams starts from 26th Feb currently College Prelims exams are on and my i have OC paper tomorrow :D

I've got exams in June. Will start revising in Easter Holidays though...

Biology, Physics and Chemistry.

One on Thursday morning and one on Friday. Maths I will probably have to retake as I have kind of been caught cold by this one and needed to revise a lot harder than I did over xmas. Business as well but I should always be able to pass a business exam even with minimal revision. The maths based questions alone are worth a fair few marks and are very easy.

Recently sat my exams got an A in Politics which I seem to do really well with relatively low effort. A C in Psychology about 2 marks of a B because of picky marking by the teacher. Then i got a Mid C in one of my History exams and an E in the tudor section of it because I didnt revise and got completely caught out :eek:

Looking to get all A's by the end of the year and i'd still say im on course, just need to revise both my historys and work on the exam technique for AS as i've not mastered it yet. Psychology will come up as I made some basic mistakes which i should be able to iron out :hpraise

Whats up with people wanting all 100% btw?

Users who are viewing this thread