Discuss about your upcoming Exams

One on Thursday morning and one on Friday. Maths I will probably have to retake as I have kind of been caught cold by this one and needed to revise a lot harder than I did over xmas. Business as well but I should always be able to pass a business exam even with minimal revision. The maths based questions alone are worth a fair few marks and are very easy.

You doing AS, Josephine? If so you'll be fine, only slightly harder than GCSE

Then i got a Mid C in one of my History exams and an E in the tudor section of it because I didnt revise and got completely caught out :eek:

HA, I hated Tudors when I studied it. Way too much information, but I am pretty sure you guys get a date/fact sheet in the exam (I know we did last year) Main thing they want is a good historical argument and as long as you know what they are looking for you will get a good mark :)

Whats up with people wanting all 100% btw?

So they can be really cool and show off how brilliant they are.........................

Whats up with people wanting all 100% btw?
If you've got the potential to get it, and you know it's possible, it would be stupid not to give your best shot and achieving it.

ZoraxDoom added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

So they can be really cool and show off how brilliant they are.........................
That's just a neat little perk ;)

If you've got the potential to get it, and you know it's possible, it would be stupid not to give your best shot and achieving it.

I disagree with that statement. Why exert yourself unnecessarily?

Then again my attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

I need BBB to get onto the Uni course I want. I will work quite hard to ensure I get it, but if I overshoot and hit ABB or AAB a large part of me will be thinking "Awww man, I could played more tetris"

Doesn't the plural have an apostrophe at the end instead of the extra -es?

Nope. Apostrophes are for showing possession or for a contraction. Except in the case of its/it's where the contraction of "it is" has one; the possessive "its" doesn't.

This guy has mad grammar skilz.

Btw, had my Chem exam today. Needed a 110%, will be lucky if I get a 102%. My life is over.

I have two exams this time: Critical Thinking and Physics AS modules on Monday and Tuesday respectively. Critical Thinking is a bit of a doss - I have done no work for it, and I don't know anybody who has done much. I will try to cram over the weekend. I am happy about Physics though, a subject I find understandable and enjoyable, I have done quite a few past papers and am happy with the material to learn. We shall see how I do though...

How do you mug up for a subject called Critical Thinking?

C1 was okay. I may get screwed for doing the whole thing in pencil though :p

This guy has mad grammar skilz.

Btw, had my Chem exam today. Needed a 110%, will be lucky if I get a 102%. My life is over.

I've asked this before.

How does a system work where you can go above 100%?

In America, they think if 100% is good, then more than 100% is better. :p

It's kinda like IQ tests really...

Not really. In IQ tests 100 is set as as standard or average. IQ tests (or at least how the scores are calculated) are actually changed periodically to keep the mean score at 100, as it is rising. (This suggests people are becoming more intelligent, although personally I like to imagine increasing radiation levels due to things such as the Chernobyl disaster is producing more absurdly intelligent super-villains, dragging the average up.)

The idea of percent is that it is calculated from "1 whole" using blocks equivalent to 100th of "1 whole". The total available marks should be considered the whole: scoring above more than is available that is not logical. Seems just a superficial way of feeding the ego of children, to me.

Users who are viewing this thread