ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Allendale is up north just outside of the Newcastle area. I couldn't possibly tell you what standard they play at but generally if a team is looking for an overseas player then that would suggest that they play to a good standard.

Some useful links:
Allendale CC
AllendaleCC (@allendalecc) | Twitter

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
For those in the UK when do you start net practice? Mine's this Sunday :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Nets went well earlier on today. :)

My batting was ok, I mean I didn't get bowled or edged behind but that's partly because I was just focusing on my defensive shots, there were a few play and misses when I tried to go aggressive though. Could do with some advice on playing through the leg side, I really struggle with that, anyone?

Bowling was rubbish to start off with, loads of wides down the leg side BUT as soon as I got into my rhythm I was bowling a lot straighter and out side off stump. Managed to bowl 1 person, not bad for an hours session. :)

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nets went well earlier on today. :)

My batting was ok, I mean I didn't get bowled or edged behind but that's partly because I was just focusing on my defensive shots, there were a few play and misses when I tried to go aggressive though. Could do with some advice on playing through the leg side, I really struggle with that, anyone?

Bowling was rubbish to start off with, loads of wides down the leg side BUT as soon as I got into my rhythm I was bowling a lot straighter and out side off stump. Managed to bowl 1 person, not bad for an hours session. :)

On the legside shots all you need to do is choose your shot, if you want to work it through square leg or mid wicket then just get in line and let it run off your bat, if you want to hit it staighter just move your front foot outside the line of the ball and swing through.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
2nd net session dealt with today, I got hit three times whilst batting; hand, chest and in the crown jewels!

Bowling was OK again, managed to bowl the same person twice which felt good :)

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
First net for a month (I've been ill) and it went pretty well.

For one thing, I decided to bowl seam-up, something which I've not tried since my knee gave up last year. I was expecting it to be ropey medium-pace crap, given that I hadn't done it for so long, hadn't bothered to even maintain a basic level of fitness, and had previously stopped because it wasn't something I could physically keep doing, but that wasn't the case at all. Sixth ball, I bowled a back-of-the-hand slowie, which pitched on a length on off, stopped and turned away from the bat. Edge to first slip. Also clean-bowled a couple people, one with a pretty brutal yorker.

Best thing is, my knee hasn't even swelled up. I might try doing it again, on a more regular basis.

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Finished our season in 2nd place, but then won the final against a (previously beaten only once, by us) VERY good team.

Was a low scoring game, I went out at 11 with the score at 9/95, in the 32nd over (It was a 40 over game), and walked off at the end of the innings on 29*, with the score at 9/156.

Bowled the opening over, which went for 10 (including a top edged 6), but then ended up taking 1-16 off 6. Also sent their #3 off injured, after hitting him twice in the arm, once in the chest, and then once on the badge of his helmet. (He was mouthing off, so I didn't feel particularly bad.)

Ended up bowling them out for 118, and taking the trophy off them for the first time in 3 years. Take that bitches.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am struggling to find the right bowling action for me. While bowling full length/Good length deliveries, I use Dale steyn like action. For yorkers , i use Malinga . I sometimes end up as Munaf patel too :p .
Can someone tell me how to get my action right ? Because of action my runup is messed up too. Sometimes I end up bowling behind the stumps and sometimes a bigger No ball.

ethybubs

International Cricketer
I am struggling to find the right bowling action for me. While bowling full length/Good length deliveries, I use Dale steyn like action. For yorkers , i use Malinga . I sometimes end up as Munaf patel too :p .
Can someone tell me how to get my action right ? Because of action my runup is messed up too. Sometimes I end up bowling behind the stumps and sometimes a bigger No ball.

Use one action always, and practice, if there was one action that was better than all the others everyone would use it. If you want to bowl well put in time and effort, don't look for tricks to get out of hard work.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Bowling is not natural. You got to mould yourself with an action you're comfortable with. Don't try awkward actions early like of Maling of Akhtar. Try with simple ones like Gul/Irfan Pathan etc. Then again you don't have to copy it 100%. You need to keep bowling with one action and make changes as per your comfort level. Eventually, you'll get the best action for yourself. Only after that, you could ask tips from a local coach for little changes in your action to make your a potent bowler. Trying to bowl your first ball Malinga style could go horribly wrong. You need a hell lot of practice and determination for that.

If I give my own example. I knew nothing about bowling except the basics but would love to learn to bowl. So I started mimicking the actions of then good performers i.e., Umar Gul, Irfan Pathan and Brett Lee. I started with Pathan's action but ended up with something close to Gul (Gul debut after that :p ). I realized I was not pacey not knowing that we don't generate pace that early so I move to a cross between Lee and Akhtar but nothing helped. I went back again to an Irfan Pathan-Umar Gul type action. What I eventually eneded up with a unique action with mostly the ball coming in to the lefties from a full length. I took quite a few wickets with that albeit in gully cricket :D.

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Really enjoying my cricket at the moment.

Opened the bowling yesterday; we were playing in what was essentially a converted cow paddock, which made run-ups a little bit uneven and I struggled a bit for rhythm. Helpfully, the umpire took it upon himself to wide three balls which were actually quite close to the off-stump, which got me nice and angry, making rhythm pretty irrelevant. I ran in and bounced the opening batsman with a very quick delivery which flew straight past his nose, clipped the bat and went for four. Followed it up with a slower ball which he skied straight to mid-wicket. I also got another wicket with a slower delivery, clean bowling the other opening batsman. 'Twas most satisfying!

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What are the chances for a 21yr old in Delhi who hasn't played any competitive cricket till now. What he needs to do? Will Joining any Cricket Academy help him? Is there any cricket talent hunt show going on where he can show his skills?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So I started my comeback in bowling yesterday. Took a couple of wickets (all caught behind) but I have a habbit of rolling my fingers so I need to get rid of that. My pace was good even though I was bowling within myself, probably could be one of the quickest (if not the quickest) in the team...

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
So I started my comeback in bowling yesterday. Took a couple of wickets (all caught behind) but I have a habbit of rolling my fingers so I need to get rid of that. My pace was good even though I was bowling within myself, probably could be one of the quickest (if not the quickest) in the team...

What's your age ?

Users who are viewing this thread