Does anyone else feel like every time it hurts their want to play the game?

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Currently, with the amount of unrealistic catches, stupid shot selection glitches etc, I feel like every time i need to save and quit so that the wicket never occurs, which is silly because I dont cheat in any games, but it just kills the realism when you can get caught and bowled off a certain 6 but the bowler grabs it as he is following through in his bowling action by pure "reflexes"

I want to see does anybody else have a similar opinion? I have had DRS reviews turned down even when they would be correct in real life, I have had batsman glitch in the middle of the pitch and be frozen, and to top it off fielders who in online just walk around over the pitch so you can't see the ball, and it also means you cannot see fielding placements visually.

D

Deleted member 9102

I started a career mode and in my first match, my dismissal was the keeper catching a middled late cut that would have been a certain boundary (maybe a six)... Alt+F4'd immediately and it's put me off wanting to start again for now.

And on the topic of DRS, I saw this vid on the Steam forum for the game;

DRS showing that missing?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I started a career mode and in my first match, my dismissal was the keeper catching a middled late cut that would have been a certain boundary (maybe a six)... Alt+F4'd immediately and it's put me off wanting to start again for now.

Hopefully get looked at by BA?

D

Deleted member 46200

Not sure of the syntax of the heading, does it hurt when I get out? Of course because like a proper knob I played myself out. Haven't seem too many dodgy 'outs' as it were.

micgrech

Club Captain
Yep....sorry to say, last time I will be purchasing a big ant game on release.

I have been waiting for patch 3 it comes along and still not right. I expected for there to still be bugs but sorry cant accept game crashes after more than a month since purchase.

My $100 was not worthwhile this time bigant and unfortunately you have lost my trust!

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only annoying dismissal I've had is where I creamed a cut shot and got caught at 5th slip, in real life the ball would have been past him before he could react but I guess since there is no reaction time in a game he was able to move as soon as I had hit the ball.

Pretty accurate to real life tbh ball tracking has been suspect for a while

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I was enjoying it despite its glitches but this new patch has stuffed my batting up and my bowling is all over the place suddenly. Not impressed at all. If patch 4 doesn't sort it I'm done. Unfortunately I don't have a physical copy to flog on ebay.

Alberts

International Coach

May have got a fine edge on it, might just be an error. Big Lines doesn't have it missing by much, wouldn't have taken much of an edge to get it clipping the stumps.

Alberts

International Coach
Overall I've not seen too many "dodgy outs" to be honest. Most of the time I'm just messing up my footwork and edging it.

There's the odd balance thing here and there. There seems to be a better balance between reflect catches and not, but still needs a bit of tuning. Players are occasionally a bit slow off the mark for runs. Been a lot of fun since the new patch to be honest. That said, most of us having fun with the game go a bit quiet after a good update, those with issues come to vent frustration. Must be hard on developers to see that though.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bowling careers are just as annoying.

Why would you even have an "apply to all" button if it doesn't work.

Not that there's any point setting fields because half the time your fielder just runs over the ball.

Just basic stuff consistently going wrong

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Plumb! Keeper, Slip fielders are taking clean catches and yet I have to apply to get that out! Started my career for 7th time now and it's just getting extremely annoying! @BigAntStudios Please roll out a fix for such basic issues in career!

'Apply' and 'appeal' are two different words.

micgrech

Club Captain
I dont understand why the game keeps getting defended?

It is sub standard!

The main reason we buy video games is for entertainment. This does not entertain!

It actually embarrasses the Bradman foundation for supporting it.

Users who are viewing this thread