Does anyone else feel like every time it hurts their want to play the game?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Why not test the game and take the extra month or two to put out a game that doesn't constantly crash and have so many unrealistic things in it? They got greedy and put out a buggy game and even Dravid can't defend that.
Then u get trolls bitching it takes too long for the game to come out if we had to wait for all bugs to be sorted we would never get a game.

Also alot of the bugs simply cannot be tested..ie custom fields/logo issues etc due to community academy.....

BA seem to be in a lose lose position..no matter what they do there shall be trolls

School Cricketer
Then u get trolls bitching it takes too long for the game to come out if we had to wait for all bugs to be sorted we would never get a game.

Also alot of the bugs simply cannot be tested..ie custom fields/logo issues etc due to community academy.....

BA seem to be in a lose lose position..no matter what they do there shall be trolls
Not really. I, and I'm sure many other people would rather have waited another month or two after waiting 3 years for a game with less bugs.

And I agree, those can't be tested. But gameplay can be tested. Why didn't they see that the keeper can take catches where 4th slip? Etc

micgrech

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned

I never said it was easy.

Im not concerned with logos more gameplay.

Sorry but issue with running between wickets could easily been tested.

micgrech

Club Captain
Not really. I, and I'm sure many other people would rather have waited another month or two after waiting 3 years for a game with less bugs.

And I agree, those can't be tested. But gameplay can be tested. Why didn't they see that the keeper can take catches where 4th slip? Etc

And Im sick of the 8th slip fielder catching my front foot drives!

Alberts

International Coach
Why not test the game and take the extra month or two to put out a game that doesn't constantly crash and have so many unrealistic things in it? They got greedy and put out a buggy game and even Dravid can't defend that.

Because waiting a month or two won't help testing that much. One thing that is readily apparent even on here is that it's a minority that are spoting and reporting issues, and it at times even takes the community a while to figure out "what's actually wrong".

Picture the problem though. How many testers do you think that Big Ant actually have? Let's say that they have a massive 100 person team of testers, working 9-5, 6 days a week. A two month stretch is a massive 52 work days, 41,600 work hours. Now, how many people do you think it would take to knock that vast (and I mean vast) overestimate of what could possibly have been tested within 4 hours of gameplay? 10,400... that's all that would need to sell to knock off that ridiculously large estimate of testing time within 4 hours.

Now, of course there are problems there of course. You can't do two months of testing with your latest build, changes are happening all the time. Everyone has slightly different consoles as well, even if they're meant to be the same, how people interact, each of their individual settings, how they try to do things, which one of the various models it is, it all can have an impact. To expect them to just "wait" and somehow make sure the game is perfectly polished isn't realistic for a sports title, there will always be problems.

In reality they would have a small group of people testing when there's the chance, they would limited in the amount of time they could do it by deadlines and how much pressure there is to release from fans, publishers, etc. Ultimately, they made a call on when it was ready, and the game is good, the game is enjoyable, and they're giving it good after market support, as they have in the past.

Are you sure you're not playing DBC 14?

And Im sick of the 8th slip fielder catching my front foot drives!

Would be interesting to see a video of this.

School Cricketer
One thing that is readily apparent even on here is that it's a minority that are spoting and reporting issues
Oh come on, it's definitely not a minority.
Ultimately, they made a call on when it was ready, and the game is good, the game is enjoyable
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. In mine and other's, it's half-assed, full of bugs, which still crashes (over a month after release!) and they launched it near Christmas as a money grab and there's no other way around it.
Are you sure you're not playing DBC 14?
There's many people who have pointed out that issue.

micgrech

Club Captain
Maybe @BigAntStudios can publish a sticky on here to advise all those who are unsatisfied with their purchase which was made in good faith over 6 weeks ago the process to obtain a refund as they have failed in providing a satisfactory product?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. In mine and other's, it's half-assed, full of bugs, which still crashes (over a month after release!) and they launched it near Christmas as a money grab and there's no other way around it.

The Christmas release date is surely the publishers call not BA's and they are too looking after their interests, so obviously the best time to release would be Christmas, did you want them to release it a year later?

micgrech

Club Captain
Are you going to use every single thread you can to wallow in your misery?

Why not? Got nothing to do with you!

For the record....I posted in 2 threads!

I have seen your posts...you dont provide any real input here just question anything negative people say about the game!

D

Deleted member 46200

Dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't, it's a tough world.

D

Dutch

Why not? Got nothing to do with you!

For the record....I posted in 2 threads!

I have seen your posts...you dont provide any real input here just question anything negative people say about the game!
Then you have read just a small smattering as my oeuvre is far more diverse than that...and for the record I dont just question anything negative about the game: I think there are a number of issues that need to be fixed abd am part of a beta team giving feedback on those issues. What I do react to is blanket statements and people thinking that because they are miserable I should be too...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Then you have read just a small smattering as my oeuvre is far more diverse than that...
Yeah just read all the STORY threads for crying out loud, and we have already had two moaning myrtles that have admitted to being trolls and just trying to get a rise our of the community...**sigh**

Alberts

International Coach

Source?

The game isn't half arsed, that's not even a matter of opinion, a lot of love clearly went into this product, that isn't even in question.

Crashes are rarer now, and I personally haven't seen one in a while. If you're still getting crashes you should be reporting them to BigAnt either through the systems on your console, or through online platforms such as this one and others, and in an official manner.

If you're talking about the late cut one to spinners issue that's a bit different to the description as a whole; that description does fit DBC 14 though.

Maybe @BigAntStudios can publish a sticky on here to advise all those who are unsatisfied with their purchase which was made in good faith over 6 weeks ago the process to obtain a refund as they have failed in providing a satisfactory product?

Could you direct me to the law in your region that would suggest that they should provide refunds?

Users who are viewing this thread