Does anyone else feel like every time it hurts their want to play the game?

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
the only outs that have annoyed me were in the same test match just after patch 3, chasing a measly 64 in the final innings and THREE bazaar dismissals took place.

1. Matt Renshaw left the ball to a spinner, and in leaving the ball the animation had his foot disappear under the ground and he was stumped out.

2. Matthew wade was given out at the non strikers where by the ball was driven straight and knocked over the stumps, Wade was out of his crease and the bowler picked up the ball and then appealed and he was out . (he picked up the ball about 5 - 10 metres from the crease)

3. not sure on the batsmen, but whilst initiating the 'leave' the player left the crease, i was batting one foot in the crease and one out, (deeper than the standard position at the beginning of the over)

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
the only outs that have annoyed me were in the same test match just after patch 3, chasing a measly 64 in the final innings and THREE bazaar dismissals took place.

1. Matt Renshaw left the ball to a spinner, and in leaving the ball the animation had his foot disappear under the ground and he was stumped out.

2. Matthew wade was given out at the non strikers where by the ball was driven straight and knocked over the stumps, Wade was out of his crease and the bowler picked up the ball and then appealed and he was out . (he picked up the ball about 5 - 10 metres from the crease)

3. not sure on the batsmen, but whilst initiating the 'leave' the player left the crease, i was batting one foot in the crease and one out, (deeper than the standard position at the beginning of the over)

A bazaar is a marketplace where goods and services are traded.

Would be very interested to see videos of the examples you've described.

I dont understand why the game keeps getting defended?

It is sub standard!

The main reason we buy video games is for entertainment. This does not entertain!

It actually embarrasses the Bradman foundation for supporting it.

Believe it or not, people can and do have different experiences with the same product. I personally have had a number of very enjoyable matches in DBC 17, and would describe my experience with the game as good, and overall I'm enjoying it more so far than I was DBC 14. The game is more enjoyable from a bowling point of view overall, and the game design overall has been quite good. Despite the odd bug here and there, something that DBC 14 was just as, if not more guilty of, the game is quite enjoyable.

micgrech

Club Captain
A bazaar is a marketplace where goods and services are traded.

Believe it or not, people can and do have different experiences with the same product. I personally have had a number of very enjoyable matches in DBC 17, and would describe my experience with the game as good, and overall I'm enjoying it more so far than I was DBC 14. The game is more enjoyable from a bowling point of view overall, and the game design overall has been quite good. Despite the odd bug here and there, something that DBC 14 was just as, if not more guilty of, the game is quite enjoyable.

There is more than a bug or two.

I have purchased DBC14 both on PC and PS3. Sorry but DBC17 has taken a huge step back in my opinion.

Seriously......so many comments were made on here around lack of testing for the original release dbc17 in December.

Then patch 3 rolls out and the first thing you see is a batsman pose after playing a shot while the non striker runs down the wicket and batsman chases him down?
If anyone tested the patch they would have noticed this in the first 5 minutes of testing.

I respect your opinion but this is just unprofessional and unacceptable.

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia

i really didn't have time to record and upload them all.

i didn't mind however because the game was so tense!

first innings; India 119 AU 134
second innings; India 78 AU 64

I was 9 for 45 at one stage and was scraping along to try and get those 64 runs.

Every wicket in the match was great i made the pitch so crumbly and cracked that the AI and myself couldn't score haha

this game is amazing and as long as they release patches consistently i'll be happy

Alberts

International Coach
There is more than a bug or two.

I have purchased DBC14 both on PC and PS3. Sorry but DBC17 has taken a huge step back in my opinion.

Seriously......so many comments were made on here around lack of testing for the original release dbc17 in December.

Then patch 3 rolls out and the first thing you see is a batsman pose after playing a shot while the non striker runs down the wicket and batsman chases him down?
If anyone tested the patch they would have noticed this in the first 5 minutes of testing.

I respect your opinion but this is just unprofessional and unacceptable.

People say such things about all sports games, all of them. DBC 14 was a buggy poorly designed mess on release according to many people. The simple point is though that what most people do is find one point they don't like and act like the whole game is destroyed because of it, there are always going to be rough edges in something that needs to be as finely balanced as a sports game.

I would argue the game is a huge step forward in most aspects, with most "steps backwards" because in terms of features that aren't working as intended, or oversights; these all fall into the category of things that can be patched though.

micgrech

Club Captain
People say such things about all sports games, all of them. DBC 14 was a buggy poorly designed mess on release according to many people. The simple point is though that what most people do is find one point they don't like and act like the whole game is destroyed because of it, there are always going to be rough edges in something that needs to be as finely balanced as a sports game.

I would argue the game is a huge step forward in most aspects, with most "steps backwards" because in terms of features that aren't working as intended, or oversights; these all fall into the category of things that can be patched though.

Sorry but when things work in DBC14 and then a newer version comes out and they don't.....that's what i call a step backwards!

Tell me...how does a fielder move to catch a ball even before the batsman has played his shot?

I respect your opinion. Please respect mine....i do not enjoy playing the game at its current state. Everytime I play it I get frustrated. Not what gaming should be about!

I am dissapointed for spending my hard earned money on this.

Is anyone from BigAnt going to provide a statement on this to its customers who have supported them by purchasing there product?

RubenLA

School Cricketer
I will admit, at the moment the game is unbelievably frustrating at times. Certain shots will get you out 100% of the time, fielding and running between the wickets is iffy at best, and stat tracking in career is pretty much totally broken. But it certainly is still enjoyable for me at least. I've seen a lot of people already writing this game off, which is an absolute joke. And gameplay wise I would already call this game a step up from 14.

At release DBC14 in my opinion was literally unplayable, this game is far from that. I think the fielding is broken in DBC17, but its nothing when you compare it to DBC14 fielding at release. Basically 14 was in a much worse state 1 month after release. Come the end of DBC14's life cycle most people would call it the best cricket game ever made, I certainly would. DBC17 will undoubtedly surpass that with a few more patches, but like most people I agree the game was probably released a few months too early. Maybe the Devs could have done a beta program to avoid some of the problems. But looking at it from the Devs perspective, they probably need the money from the sales in order to improve the game.

Based on DBC14, I have total faith that the Devs will continue to patch the game for a considerable amount of time. The single reason I bought this game on PC is for the earlier patches as I knew the game wouldn't be perfect. This game bakes my GPU like I've never seen before, no idea why.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

It is sub standard!

The main reason we buy video games is for entertainment. This does not entertain!

I enjoy it and find it entertaining.

Amazingly, some people will have different opinions to you.

Alberts

International Coach
Sorry but when things work in DBC14 and then a newer version comes out and they don't.....that's what i call a step backwards!

Tell me...how does a fielder move to catch a ball even before the batsman has played his shot?

I respect your opinion. Please respect mine....i do not enjoy playing the game at its current state. Everytime I play it I get frustrated. Not what gaming should be about!

I am dissapointed for spending my hard earned money on this.

Is anyone from BigAnt going to provide a statement on this to its customers who have supported them by purchasing there product?

Again, all new sports games have teething problems of some sort, are you suggesting that all new sports games are a step backwards?

I respect that you have an opinion, but I do challenge what you're stating as it's basis.

Big Ant make plenty of statements, and have supported this game, and DBC 14, well after release.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Big Ant make plenty of statements, and have supported this game, and DBC 14, well after release.

This. Criticise the game all you want, but the number of posters who are seemingly, blatantly ignoring Big Ant's comments is insane.

They haven't gone into hiding. They've been posting, encouraging feedback and bug reports, and have released 3 patches! Is that not enough of a statement that they're committed to improving the product?

School Cricketer
Why not test the game and take the extra month or two to put out a game that doesn't constantly crash and have so many unrealistic things in it? They got greedy and put out a buggy game and even Dravid can't defend that.

param_47470

School Cricketer

I think they made the game harder to batt and bowl

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

It is sub standard!

Well thats simply your opinion..many of us are totally enjoying this game...in fact i havent even thought of playing dbc14 since i purchased this game....

micgrech

Club Captain
Why not test the game and take the extra month or two to put out a game that doesn't constantly crash and have so many unrealistic things in it? They got greedy and put out a buggy game and even Dravid can't defend that.

I agree with this statement.

And by the way, my comments here are my opinion.

I never said that you all had to agree or jump up and be defensive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread