Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
"Also, while all the modification sliders are great, why not just make the game as realistic as possible in the first place? Why must I trial and error for hours on end to get the ball to react as it would IRL, when thats what im paying you people to do for me?"

I haven't touched the sliders yet as I feel the default works pretty well, they are there for people who wish to customise the gameplay to their suiting as big ant are all about letting us customise the entire game to our liking.. sheesh if you's all had it your way we'd all be shelling out $200 a month for 'ICC Points' to all bid on that platinum Sachin Tendulkar to go onto a broken online pay to win system.

Last edited:

Waxx123

School Cricketer
Since when have we purchased any patches for DBC? everything has been free!
I think I didn't write my post correctly. I was asking you guys if I should wait for patches before buying the game. Because right now the game sounds broken based on the impression I get from here.

micgrech

Club Captain
Can we atleast get some acknowledgement from Big Ant that they agree that there are issues and give us a timeline when things may get fixed!

A bit harsh to release a game and then have a large portion of customers not be able to use it because it keeps crashing!

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
what sort of issues are people having with the cover drive?

Im sure as not going to spend money on this game in this current state given the stupid price of it, nor will I be talking it up to customers at work either (EB).

TBH I dont know if Big Ant is ever going to recover from this financially to be able to put out a cricket game again. This is going to really hurt them. Think I read somewhere they struggled to break even on DBC 14, and that was a half decent game. And we still had to wait months to get the game to a point where it was enjoyable to play. And thats even after the release was delayed by 6 months or so.

And when I hear and read with my own eyes the head CEO of the developer personally abusing people for daring to criticize the game, well...well I wish him a merry christmas...

Out of interest, is this a big ant sponsored site? Isn't the head moderator a big ant employee? Seems like nothing can be said without attracting wrath. Freedom of speech seems to be highly constrained, and there seems to be a core group of flogs (Dutch, Biggs, Brab, snowycasanova etc) who use condescending, obnoxious and arrogant dialogue, ready to take down those who don't conform. Are they paid by Big Ant? His own forum 'heavies?'. I notice Biggs' butt ugly, sheep destroying, bald head is in the game as an umpire.

Again, hardly professional...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Im sure as not going to spend money on this game in this current state given the stupid price of it, nor will I be talking it up to customers at work either (EB).

TBH I dont know if Big Ant is ever going to recover from this financially to be able to put out a cricket game again. This is going to really hurt them. Think I read somewhere they struggled to break even on DBC 14, and that was a half decent game. And we still had to wait months to get the game to a point where it was enjoyable to play. And thats even after the release was delayed by 6 months or so.

And when I hear and read with my own eyes the head CEO of the developer personally abusing people for daring to criticize the game, well...well I wish him a merry christmas...

Out of interest, is this a big ant sponsored site? Isn't the head moderator a big ant employee? Seems like nothing can be said without attracting wrath. Freedom of speech seems to be highly constrained, and there seems to be a core group of flogs (Dutch, Biggs, Brab, snowycasanova etc) who use condescending, obnoxious and arrogant dialogue, ready to take down those who don't conform. Are they paid by Big Ant? His own forum 'heavies?'. I notice Biggs' butt ugly, sheep destroying, bald head is in the game as an umpire.

You can try the Official Big Ant forum if you don't like it here

micgrech

Club Captain
A lot of the time you try and play a cover drive and a late back foot drive is played instead!

R

Royce

what sort of issues are people having with the cover drive?

hqdefault.jpg

As per this particular chart, I suggest that the shot you are playing is more of an off drive, however there are different images available that aren't quite the same... however, if your game is the same as mine, it should be completely impossible for you to hit the ball closer into the cover drive area as per this diagram, as in anywhere further right of where you hit it in your video, until it begins to go down to the square cut region...

I literally have an area between halfway through the off drive portion to halfway through the square cut portion that the ball WILL NOT go into, no footwork can make this happen, no shot type cannot make this happen... It is also pretty much the same on the on side as well... It is also impossible to hit a late cut or leg glance...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
It's not a matter of whether or not he likes it here. He can post, and express his view. Nothing wrong with that. He may really, really dislike it here and still post, as long as he's not being abusive, and there was nothing in his post that was abusive.

Simply giving him an alternative if this forum really is that bad. If I thought somewhere was full of abusive members that prohibited free speech then I'd probably leave.

Not making any comment on the content of his other posts regarding the game.

For those concerned about 'free speech', only one post has been deleted in this thread, and that was for text speak.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Going through the comments, it's sad to see a sense of haste - which probably is unjustified at such early juncture of the release. A gentle reminder to all those who've bought the game, please do come forward with constructive criticisms but to those who haven't - disrespectful comments is not what the franchise deserves and you're better than that.

Bigant studios and Ross are kind enough to address your queries and work on them - you probably wouldn't find such customer-studio relation with probably any other sports gaming franchise. Saying which, I'm all for coming forward and being blunt of what you make of the game but to quote DBC14 and say that it wasn't a success- let's be genuine and give bigant the credit it deserves.

Keeping it short, had it not been for DBC - I feel cricket gaming would've long died out and we would still be pondering on how to make the most of cricket 07 or ashes 09; none of the cricket gaming franchises prior to DBC14 come even close to addressing the expectations for an average cricket gamer. Thus, you can be the judge for the magnitude of success that DBC14 achieved.

Let's streamline the comments in a meaningful way, such that Ross is able to work on them and improve whatever the technical glitches that there are.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Did my last post really hurt your feelings that much mate?

R

Royce

Going through the comments, it's sad to see a sense of haste - which probably is unjustified at such early juncture of the release. A gentle reminder to all those who've bought the game, please do come forward with constructive criticisms but to those who haven't - disrespectful comments is not what the franchise deserves and you're better than that.

How is anything we've said unjustified? A game shouldn't have "stages of release", the word "release" implies that the game is finished and ready to... release! The only "sad sense of haste" I can see here was by the developers in releasing this game before it was ready...

Also, have you played this game pre-patch? Given the huge flaws in that "released, ie: v 1.0" version of the game, I'd say nothing but disrespectful comments are what the franchise deserves...

Again, imagine how people who either cant download this patch or are unaware of its existence must think of the franchise upon playing the pre-patch trainwreck!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread