Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads Help Desk

just wondering if some of the skilled kit creators (looking at you @SnowyCasanova @quincy159) could help me out with a bit of advice?

I am trying to create this kit:

It was worn in the limited overs matches by the Australia Rebel Team vs South Africa in 1986/87.

I am struggling with the red bit at the top of the sleeves, finding a shape that replicates what they have... perhaps you could provide a few pointers?

This is where I'm at right now...

also, do you know which files I need to change to do vests, jumpers etc.?

First of all, the kit looks great so far. This is one I never would have expected to be made and I look forward to seeing the finished product!

With the shape of the red panel over the shoulders it looks similar to the stock No 6 top as shipped with the game, as you can see by the photo below. I believe it may need some enlarging, however it should give you the basic shape.

The type of template you use (current or modern) will depend on the type of jumper you wish to provide. The modern template will show the jumper as 'Cable Knit' (as shown on left), the current template will show the jumper as a straight knit (as shown on right). Most one day kit jumpers of the era were a straight knit design. Your call though.

For your convenience I have also provided the stock No 6 template (named "pattern_05_col") for both modern and current designs.

Cable.png Straight.png

Attachments

• + Blockerdave.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
@quincy159 thanks so much for the advice.

to be honest, it's only the other day i even found the picture and thought to make it - it's my first proper kit mod. all of these tours were largely swept under the carpet and finding good images for mods has been really difficult... have made a good progress on this kit, the england rebels 1990 whites kit (pretty simple) and most of the logos...

wife asked me what i was up to and looked at me like i was insane when i told her :)

Those tours, despite the politics, produced some of the most entertaining and competitive cricket played. I believe some of the footage can be found on YouTube.

I played against one of the Australian tourists in Brisbane grade cricket many years ago and he told me that playing the South Africans at that time was some of the most challenging cricket of his life. When you have a look at the South African team anyone could see why.

As far as the look from your wife is concerned, I know that one well. In the end I borrow a quote from the movie Madagascar and simply say...

"Just smile and wave dear, just smile and wave!":wave

Those tours, despite the politics, produced some of the most entertaining and competitive cricket played. I believe some of the footage can be found on YouTube.

I played against one of the Australian tourists in Brisbane grade cricket many years ago and he told me that playing the South Africans at that time was some of the most challenging cricket of his life. When you have a look at the South African team anyone could see why.

As far as the look from your wife is concerned, I know that one well. In the end I borrow a quote from the movie Madagascar and simply say...

"Just smile and wave dear, just smile and wave!":wave

yeah, youtube has some good footage unfortunately getting stills is much harder.

some of the SA players that played thoughout these tours were of undoubted quality: the likes of Richards, Pollock, Procter, Rice, Le Roux and Van der Bijl stand up against anyone.

it's been a lot of work making the teams, but equally it's been tremendous fun playing with/against them.

Hi, I have lately been trying to make my own kits for DBC. I'm doing great with the sponsors but I can't figure out how to make the shirts. I don't know how people get all the logos for example the leaf on the back of New Zealand's ODI shirt. Do you make it yourself or get it of google somehow? Thanks.

Hi, I have lately been trying to make my own kits for DBC. I'm doing great with the sponsors but I can't figure out how to make the shirts. I don't know how people get all the logos for example the leaf on the back of New Zealand's ODI shirt. Do you make it yourself or get it of google somehow? Thanks.

With the shirts do you have a template to work from? If not the following link may be a good place to start:

11Ryan11 Downloads (Sri Lanka & Pakistan Kits Updated) - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

Just remember that you need to save the kit template as a '.dds' file for the game to recognise it and you will need to apply a transparent/alpha layer to the kit for colours to show properly. Alternatively I use original files from DBC which is likely be found on your machine at or similar to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DBC14\dbc14_textures.zip

This will give you all of the stock files for the game. Copy the zip file to your 'My Documents' folder and unzip to a location of your choice. The kit files are located in:

dbc14_textures\textures\characters\tops

'Current' tops are for collared shirts of today with vests/jumpers that appear straight knit. They are commonly used for current Test kits, ODI kits and T20 kits.

'Current02' tops are like the 'Current' tops however are designed without a collar. They are commonly used for T20 kits and some ODI kits.

'Modern' tops are collared shirts with what is known as "Cable Knit" vests/jumpers and are commonly used for Test/First Class kits.

You only need to change the kits included in the 01/03/05 folders and I have no idea why the others even exist and any kits should be designed to be copied to the My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\tops folder.

Most of my logos, sponsors and other graphics I usually am able to get these from Google or one of the search engines. I do have an extensive cricket book and DVD library which has also been a good source of information.

Sometimes I have needed to at least retouch an image pixel by pixel, particularly with low resolution images as I do believe in trying to provide the best quality work possible. I have though on a couple of occasions needed to draw from scratch a graphic, such as the 'Wills Kings' bat and the 'Gray Nicolls Elite', as what was available too poor an image to be used.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

With the shirts do you have a template to work from? If not the following link may be a good place to start:

11Ryan11 Downloads (Sri Lanka & Pakistan Kits Updated) - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

Just remember that you need to save the kit template as a '.dds' file for the game to recognise it and you will need to apply a transparent/alpha layer to the kit for colours to show properly. Alternatively I use original files from DBC which is likely be found on your machine at or similar to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DBC14\dbc14_textures.zip

This will give you all of the stock files for the game. Copy the zip file to your 'My Documents' folder and unzip to a location of your choice. The kit files are located in:

dbc14_textures\textures\characters\tops

'Current' tops are for collared shirts of today with vests/jumpers that appear straight knit. They are commonly used for current Test kits, ODI kits and T20 kits.

'Current02' tops are like the 'Current' tops however are designed without a collar. They are commonly used for T20 kits and some ODI kits.

'Modern' tops are collared shirts with what is known as "Cable Knit" vests/jumpers and are commonly used for Test/First Class kits.

You only need to change the kits included in the 01/03/05 folders and I have no idea why the others even exist and any kits should be designed to be copied to the My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\tops folder.

Most of my logos, sponsors and other graphics I usually am able to get these from Google or one of the search engines. I do have an extensive cricket book and DVD library which has also been a good source of information.

Sometimes I have needed to at least retouch an image pixel by pixel, particularly with low resolution images as I do believe in trying to provide the best quality work possible. I have though on a couple of occasions needed to draw from scratch a graphic, such as the 'Wills Kings' bat and the 'Gray Nicolls Elite', as what was available too poor an image to be used.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for all the information! I will look into it and see what I can do! Only thing I'm having trouble with atm, is finding the fern for the back of New Zealand's ODI shirt not sure where other people are getting it from, I've been looking at all the google images I can find but nothing.

I made my NZ shirt by literally taking an image from google images, applying a gradient map to convert it to red/green/blue and then just played around with the size and positioning.

Thanks for all the information! I will look into it and see what I can do! Only thing I'm having trouble with atm, is finding the fern for the back of New Zealand's ODI shirt not sure where other people are getting it from, I've been looking at all the google images I can find but nothing.

Here is three with a transparent background for you. They may need a little touch up as I haven't used them yet however it should be a good start.

I have included a zip file at the bottom with the logos in jpeg and dds formats.

new zealand cricket Large.jpg New Zealand Cricket small.jpg New Zealand Cricket.jpg

Attachments

• NZ Logo.zip
    199.9 KB · Views: 9
Anyone figured out at all how to put different emblems on shirt & hats?

I've done the old ACB logo. I put it straight on the shirt pattern so chose not to show team emblem, hoping it would still be on the hats but no luck. If I make it the team emblem, it shows on the hat and shirt. The hat should still show the normal logo.

Anyone figured out at all how to put different emblems on shirt & hats?

I've done the old ACB logo. I put it straight on the shirt pattern so chose not to show team emblem, hoping it would still be on the hats but no luck. If I make it the team emblem, it shows on the hat and shirt. The hat should still show the normal logo.

The only way I believe if this will work is if there are two emblem files that apply to a kit, one for the shirt and one for the hat. If there is only one file, then it will of course apply to the both locations and it is unlikely there will be anything we can do.

I believe that the issue with placing a logo directly to a shirt is that the emblem is applied over that part of the shirt or hat obscuring what ever is there.

I will do some research this afternoon (Brisbane Time) and see if I can find out if there are one or two files involved. I'm hoping it's two, however I believe there may be only one.

The only way I believe if this will work is if there are two emblem files that apply to a kit, one for the shirt and one for the hat. If there is only one file, then it will of course apply to the both locations and it is unlikely there will be anything we can do.

I believe that the issue with placing a logo directly to a shirt is that the emblem is applied over that part of the shirt or hat obscuring what ever is there.

I will do some research this afternoon (Brisbane Time) and see if I can find out if there are one or two files involved. I'm hoping it's two, however I believe there may be only one.

So far as I can tell there is one file only. This is why I originally thought applying the logo to the shirt and hiding the emblem would work - I thought it would hide the emblem on the shirt but show it on the helmet. Perhaps @BigAntStudios could look at making the hide emblem option apply only to shirt? Or giving different emblem files for hat and shirt?

@MattW made international logos, presumably you would have had this issue with England having blue lions on their shirt, and white lions on their caps/ helmets? Did you have a workaround?

So far as I can tell there is one file only. This is why I originally thought applying the logo to the shirt and hiding the emblem would work - I thought it would hide the emblem on the shirt but show it on the helmet. Perhaps @BigAntStudios could look at making the hide emblem option apply only to shirt? Or giving different emblem files for hat and shirt?

@MattW made international logos, presumably you would have had this issue with England having blue lions on their shirt, and white lions on their caps/ helmets? Did you have a workaround?

It definitely looks like there is one file only for both the shirt and hat. I thought that perhaps a work around could be to use the sponsor template to run the logo over the emblem on the shirt. Only problem is that the emblem layer sits over the sponsor layer.

As you can see from the screen shot below I have added a circa 1995 ACB logo (considerably enlarged and out of focus) to my Australia sponsor template. This shows the extent of the layered area for emblems when making either kits or sponsor templates. Unfortunately it means that for now we may need to compromise for such things by perhaps using the sponsor template to place the ACB logo, for example, somewhere else, or not at all.

The other thing we could do is make a request to those at Big Ant to in the future make a change to the layering structure? I imagine though this may not be straight forward and therefore expensive.

At this stage I haven't had the chance to look at a workaround for the logos made by @MattW, however I notice that the light blue colour of the emblem has a white border. This would make it show up easier on the hat.

Logo Experiment.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread