Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Now you are talking details. I think that should be looked upon. Defending MUST NOT take more time if not less. Actually a defence would take almost the same time to execute for fast bowlers and very less for spinners. Hence the reaction window is larger for slower balls.

Ross, any comments?

Nothing can be done at this stage. Ross is right. We have to give it some time and see how it all pans out. But we are in a forum, so we are discussing every issue (apparent or real) and ideas that might work for it. But eventually, it cannot be treated right away. It is more of a diagnosing phase right now.

Also from playing CA nets, I think the issue might be caused because the batsman stretches too much. A backfoot defense to a fast bowler is the ideal position.

Try defending without using the L key and see if you have more time? In real life, many don't move much to defend a fast bowler. You wont need the L key as if its outside the off-stump you can simply leave it. You can simply defend that are coming at your stumps.

Also from playing CA nets, I think the issue might be caused because the batsman stretches too much. A backfoot defense to a fast bowler is the ideal position.

Try defending without using the L key and see if you have more time? In real life, many don't move much to defend a fast bowler. You wont need the L key as if its outside the off-stump you can simply leave it. You can simply defend that are coming at your stumps.

Not touching the left stick and playing a defensive stroke = no input

Exactly - we need to devote a career and full-time job into the actual game to get half decent at batting.

The average gamer gets frustrated and loses interest after playing for a while and not getting anywhere...

Lol....that's the first time I have ever heard that from a gamer. People normally crave for challenge when playing games and here we have a guy telling that things should come easy within the first 10 hours of gameplay :eek:.

You argument regarding batting being slightly more difficult on Pro level might be valid to the extent that the jump from amateur to Pro is too huge in terms of batting difficulty (though I cannot comment in it as I haven played the game yet) however your point that a game having a learning curve of 20-24 hours is gonna make 'gamers' frustrated is totally off the mark. Gamers like challenge, the more difficult the learning curve (if it's intuitive) the better they feel about the game. The game should always be 'easy' to learn but difficult to 'master'. That's what differentiates between good players and average players.

Last edited:
Lol....that's the first time I have ever heard that from a gamer. People normally crave for challenge when playing games and here we have a guy telling that things should come easy within the first 10 hours of gameplay :eek:.

Well when one thing does (bowling) and one thing doesnt (batting), its frustrating and cause for concern.

Would love to see a video of someone good at batting doing it at the highest level, to prove it is possible and give us an idea of hows its done. HBK?

All the vids on youtube are of spud performances with the bat.

Look at racing games for example, go online and youll see poeple dominating at the highest difficulty.

Havent seen anything like that yet.

Well when one thing does (bowling) and one thing doesnt (batting), its frustrating and cause for concern.

Are you bowling perfect deliveries all the time on the Pro mode??? I guess not. Are you getting a lot of wickets on Pro even though you might not be bowling great?? If yes....thats a problem in the AI....not bowling controls.

Are you bowling perfect deliveries all the time on the Pro mode??? I guess not. Are you getting a lot of wickets on Pro even though you might not be bowling great?? If yes....thats a problem in the AI....not bowling controls.

No shit sherlock.

And it needs fixing.

People having difficulty while batting should actually practice batting more instead of asking to change the game design.

I believe you haven't played Cricket 07 with one of my Gameplay patches. Believe me it was so damn difficult and yet people mastered it.

Would love to see a video of someone good at batting doing it at the highest level, to prove it is possible and give us an idea of hows its done. HBK?

Look at racing games for example, go online and youll see poeple dominating at the highest difficulty.

Wait for some time....the game has been out only for a week (infact less).

If someone is able to bat really well on the highest difficulty levels within a week of playing it then I will be the first one to sell this game as soon as I see that video.

For long we have been asking developers to give us a cricket game that we cannot master within a week and yet do it without the AI cheating. Finally a developer answers our prayers and we have a noob coming here and crying about the difficulty. If it's so difficult for you then stick to the amateur level

It's good actually to see not many scoring hundreds as the game is just a couple of days old.

I'm sure with time a lot of people would master it.

Wait for some time....the game has been out only for a week (infact less).

If someone is able to bat really well on the highest difficulty levels within a week of playing it then I will be the first one to sell this game as soon as I see that video.

For long we have been asking developers to give us a cricket game that we cannot master within a week and yet do it without the AI cheating. Finally a developer answers our prayers and we have a noob coming here and crying about the difficulty. If it's so difficult for you then stick to the amateur level

'Defence is just as risky as attacking'....lulz.

Last edited:
Maybe if you spent more time practising batting and less time moaning you might get better?

In my eyes your gripes are what will keep me coming back to this game, if I want to be an allrounder or bowler I will stick the difficulty up to veteran for a challenge and if I want to be a batsman I will keep it on pro.

Maybe the pro bowling needs to be made slightly more difficult but saying batting needs to be made easier, IMHO, is a bit of a joke when you have had the game for precisely 48 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread