Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

It's referred to as "Fonzing it" for the newbies...

They all blend into one Naveenenstein's Monster to me these days...

Made my best score on pro so far, all out for 137 and 200. Made 40 of 51/34 of 68 and 26 of 19 in the first inns and 44 not out with Haddin and 29 of 52/ and 18 with Harris of 52 balls.
Loving the game Bigant, sure there is need of a couple of patches and in 6 months time this game will go to the next level.

PS Has anyone found it odd that you can not see how many 4 and 6 or what the extras are in the game. Strange stuff missing from the scorecard for sure. Plus maidens also. I like to check this stuff.:spy

Still overall very good game, still to early to give it a score out of 10 or 100 but i have a idea.;)

Damn so no fix in the foreseeable future...hope this doesnt also mean a fix to the player linking issues wont be anytime soon.

Lol lol lol - see that's how it's done at PC - refer to MattW's post.

I guess you want a knee-jerk reaction before we know what the other tens of thousands of people think.

----------

All the scripted randomness.

Beat me too it, so much scripting to do and so little time :)

Last edited:
Just waiting for Ross to eventually read the post where the real identity is revealed...

Been watching a few of the videos uploaded to YouTube.... has anyone seen much spin? The spinners don't seem to turn it much, or is this just a case of newbies to the game not bowling well? Anyone else seen this?

One more question, does the AI while batting in a ODI take quick singles / run the ball towards third man and rotate strike just like RL?

I don't think the commentators use the names of players enough! not sure if that can be changed or not! also think in career mode you should select your preferred batting position but you can be selected at different spots in the order

Hi Guys,

Just received my copy of the game, and played for 5 minutes
before I had to leave.

My first impressions of the game is more than I expected.

Cant wait to get home later and play the game.

Thanks guys for a great game.

I think commentators don't use names of players because most of the players in CA have their commentary name set to "none".

I think commentators don't use names of players because most of the players in CA have their commentary name set to "none".

Which sounds better anyway... I hate those names dropped in. :)

It's definitely better to engage people than dismiss their opinions; I just got a bit suspicious when he wasn't paying any attention to the responses and continued to restate his point over and over.

The guy makes a very valid point and the thing that is the most irritating is that most of the people arguing with him have not played the game yet or are playing the game on the easier difficulty. If you have not played the game yet how can you tell someone that has played it for several hours they are wrong?

i finished work early yesterday and took today off and have put in plenty of hours already and i am experiencing the exact same issues that he is.

You play on pro and the batting is good challenge and if you work hard you will make a reasonable score but then when it's time to bowl you just knock the CPU over very cheaply.

You will not experience the vast difference in the batting and bowling difficulties playing career mode because you are not in control of the whole outcome of the match.

THE PROBLEM GETS EVEN WORSE. When you want to play at veteran difficulty so the CPU batting is reasonable, the bowling hud disappears and there is no way to bring it back up so bowling is virtually impossible.

So our only option is to play the game on pro and keep bowling the CPU for under 100 every time in t20s and ODIs.

Wait so now you're saying that bowling is impossible without the bowling hud? I thought bowling was supposed to be too easy?

Users who are viewing this thread